The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Contest Entries Video

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, here it is at last, the video made to present the Fanart Contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-NTdxG5NeM

You can vote for as many as you wish.

All votes must be received by August 15th.

Vote for what you love and I'll see ya later!

Note: To those without an ad-blocker, you will see ads due to the song chosen.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I vote for malte, (he submitted like, 10 pics!) DarkHououma and Sky

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
My votes go for DarkWolf91, Malte, DarkHououmon and Cecilia M.  :yes
Hey, my other entry can be seen at the end. Didn't expected that.   :wow

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: ScratteLover3,Aug 2 2010 on  12:07 PM
Do you vote at youtube or your LBT site?
You can vote at this forum, at YouTube, at my site (Once I get the page set up.) or at other forums I'll be presenting it at.  Any of those will be fine. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Wow, who is Cecilia M.? Her work looks absolutely gorgeous! :yes
I sure would like to invite her to the GOF and of course she gets a vote from me.
I also vote for Sky whose drawings are really impressive and I consider him one of the greatest artists the GOF has ever seen :)
DarkWolf91's art is of great beauty and I especially enjoy pictures or drawings which by themselves tell a little story through situation and expressions depicted and I feel that this applies very well in case of the drawing she submitted :)
The same holds also true for DarkHououmon's picture of Littlefoot and Topsy so my vote goes to her as well :)

On a side note I am feeling a bit bad about one thing. I was not aware that everything I submitted would also end up in the video. I thought it was to be picture collecting with you John presenting your favorites for everyone to vote on. With everything I submitted being included in the video I think that I got more "screentime" than I deserve :unsure:

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
I'm voting for Darkhounoum's (LF and Cera's Dad), Sky's (the one of Mo), and DarkWolf's (Guido, Petrie and Ducky).

If sky's picture of the longneck family counted, I'd vote for that one too. That's one of the best picture Sky's ever made.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Aug 2 2010 on  02:36 PM
On a side note I am feeling a bit bad about one thing. I was not aware that everything I submitted would also end up in the video. I thought it was to be picture collecting with you John presenting your favorites for everyone to vote on. With everything I submitted being included in the video I think that I got more "screentime" than I deserve :unsure:
I cannot decide what's best when it comes to art.  I figured it was best to show everything I was given.  Besides, I can't decide at this point.  It just wouldn't be fair if I picked favorites.

Also, you don't know the half of it, Malte.  Your pic of a sad Littlefoot looking at a treestar (I'm assuming that he's thinking of his mother in this picture.) is the one people see before the video plays.  So yeah, you're getting a lot of screen time.

Anyways, the webpage for this is now complete.  To be honest, I didn't do much.  I like to keep it simple, after all.

Here's the page for those interested.

http://thelandbeforetimewd.com/TLBT-Fanart-Contest.php

And what do ya know, Petrie is now the logo. (I change it every month.) For those that know me and my relationship with Petrie, you're probably surprised.

Anyways, check it out if you like and I'll see ya later!

Vek

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Kaelvek
I'm voting for Cecilia.M ( Ducky ) , DarkHououmon ( Littlefoot & Topsy ) and Sky ( Mo ).

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Ok, hold up for a moment here....are we voting for the artist or are we voting for specific pictures?  It seems as if the youtube commenters are voting for specific items while we are voting for the artist, regardless of what has been created.  Which is the proper way?

I won't vote till I know which way is correct (picky picky I know).

(And I'm curious who Celia M. is as well.)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 3 2010 on  05:21 AM
Ok, hold up for a moment here....are we voting for the artist or are we voting for specific pictures?  It seems as if the youtube commenters are voting for specific items while we are voting for the artist, regardless of what has been created.  Which is the proper way?

I won't vote till I know which way is correct (picky picky I know).

(And I'm curious who Celia M. is as well.)
To be honest, a part of me would prefer that you vote for specific pictures.  Especially considering how many Malte alone put in, I would feel that to be more fair.

So yeah, vote for specific pictures.

As for Celia M., I have NO clue, but I do have some hunches.  I'll see if I can track this girl down. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Me (to myself): IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! IDIOT! :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

If only I’d started work on my submission earlier, so that I would have had the time to rotate the colored version so that it didn’t end up sideways in the video! :bang :bang :bang Also, I should have been more specific that I DIDN’T want the uncolored version entered if I got the colored one done in time! :bang (It almost looks like I tried to cheat or something by submitting the same picture twice! :oops) And I should have put a title on it too, so that people knew that it was supposed to be the Gang of Five drawn realistically. :slap No wonder it’s so unpopular! :bang :bang :bang

I’ll vote later. For now I have to go and physically enact the first sentence. (Well, maybe not; I ought to conserve the miniscule quantity of brains I have left, but I sure feel like I should be in front of a wall bashing them out. :()

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Also, I should have been more specific that I DIDN’T want the uncolored version entered if I got the colored one done in time!
Me too. Because I didn't know how far I would come I submitted a very incomplete version of the latest image (without background) and then when I did get a kind of background together submitted that one too as a replacement of the earlier version but I failed to be specific.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey guys!  Just a reminder that there is one week left to vote.  So, start voting away! :)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, here are my votes:

Cera by Captain Arvens (0:24)

Ducky by Captain Arvens (0:30)

Ducky by Cecilia M. (0:51)

Littlefoot or Ali :confused by Cecilia M. (1:20)

Littlefoot & Mr. Threehorn by DarkHouomon (1:47)

Mo by Sky (1:54)

Cera, Ducky, & Petrie by Malte (2:02)

Littlefoot Tutorial by Iris (2:36)

The Gang by Malte (2:44)

Guido, Petrie, and Ducky by DarkWolf91 (3:05)

The Gang by Malte (3:12)

By the way, pokeplayer, is it at all possible to edit the video somehow so that my picture isn’t turned on its side? (If you have to use both of my submissions even though I said I only wanted to use the lineart if I couldn’t get the colored version in on time, I’d at least like for my artwork to be rightside-up.) To be honest I find it hard to look at the video when my artwork comes up. :(

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here's what I'm going to do about all this.  I'm going to run the voting part for one more week and put up an edited version of the video.

I'll be tallying up the votes from both videos when the day finally comes and the winner will still be chosen by which single entry got the most votes.

It's rather simple to correct the mistakes made.  I do have the project itself saved, so it'll be easy in the end.

I fully apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

So, the new date is the 22nd of when the votes need to be made.

Best of luck and I'll see ya later! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Thank you, very, very much. :) That's a huge improvement. I'm A LOT happier with it now. :yes (You probably didn't need to change the title in the video to state that it was edited, though.)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey guys!  Just a reminder, there's only a few days left to vote for your favorite.  Remember, all votes must be received by August 22nd.

Vote for your favorite and I'll see ya later!