The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

First Pokemon, then Ponies, now Dinosaurs

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks again, guys. ;)

Dalekdino: As I said before,
Her proportions are a little different in general, but the most changes I made to the head.

It is supposed to show her when she's a little older than she is during the movie.

And also, her belly is turned in the direction of the viewer, that's why you don't see more of her back. ;)

Just to make some things clear here. ;)
Or did you mean that you just don't like my altered design in general? That would be totally fine, because of personal preferences 'n stuff. :D

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I only have a preview today, but I decided to show it because it might take some time to finish this, one reason being that I'd need some sort of equipment I don't exactly have to get the outlines as perfect as possible.^^

[align=center]Blinking Animation - Preview

Source
(for bigger size etc.)[/align]

Yeah, some outlines still jump around a bit, but once I'll get what I need to finish this, I will.
At least, if nothing else gets in the way. Photography is still a priority of course. ;)

Hope you like this preview, and until next time. :)
RS

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I pulled an all-nighter, and while I originally planned on making it a traditional animation (and I still will do that), I just thought, why not digital as well.

So yeah, I pulled out the original file, started drawing the frames and here we go:

[align=center]Blinking Animation - Digital Version

Source

I did some more stuff during that night (it was an MLP-Fans-get-together for episode 100 and yep, some of us stayed up all night xD) and one thing I did I will show in my other art topic right after I made this post, the other stuff I did (photos) will have to wait a bit longer (gotta show them to my teacher first)

I have planned to start the work on the traditional animation this week, but there is a lot of things I need to get done as well, so we'll have to see.

Hope you like the digital take on this, and until next time. :)

RS

edit: oh I almost forgot (as usual, hehe) - have some behind the scenes stuff: Animation Shenanigans

Messing around with frames 'n stuff. :D

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Good to see you post something new after all a while. This is good stuff, in the frame were her eyes are shut, she looks angry.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks. :)
And yeah, single animation frames can look weird sometimes. LBT has them too, even in the first movie. When you see those, you just think: someone actually made this, looked at it and decided that it is good. :D

I don't really have something new today, but I do have something, at least for everyone here who uses Firefox as a browser.

[align=center]Yep Yep Yep - Firefox Theme

Link to install the theme.
[/align]

Yup, a Ducky styled Firefox Theme. The rest of the gang sure will follow when I find the time to create them as well. ;)

She might not fit on every browser in a perfect way, but I tested this multiple times and like this was the best I could manage do get it. They do always have to approve new images you're adding first, so it definitely takes a while, and yeah..^^

Hope you like this (and are able to use it if you want to).

And I also would like to see a few screenshots of you using the time because it might help me to make future themes work better than this. :)

RS

Oh, one more thing: if you wanna change the font your browser uses for the tabs and everything because the theme makes it harder to read tab names for you, there are add-ons for firefox that allow you to do exactly that, I'm sure. The only one I found makes FF look like a version that's a few years older as well, so..yeah, there are some out there that are better to do this for sure. ;)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Let's dig this topic out again after quite a while. :D

First thing (and that one actually exists for quite a while already) I made an Ali Theme for Firefox, you can find that here.

And the reason why I'm making this post is this one:

[align=center]Hello There

Source

The moment when you realize for the first time that not every creature in this world is friendly...:D

This is based on those storyboard sketches that were posted somewhere in this forum a while ago. Said storyboards can be seen here if you haven't seen them yet (bottom of the page and the next page): http://landbeforetime.wikia.com/wiki/Speci...=20150713232452

Hope you like this one and until next time. Things are planned, but time is also needed and photography has top priority right now. ;)

Uncolored version can be found in the description on deviantart.

RS

edit: Also, that snake never appeared in the movie, so the colors are picked by me, these are not the official colors. ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Littlefoot is so cute in this one! :DD

The colours you picked for the snake are a good choice as well as having the idea to draw this in the first place :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comment, Ducky123

I might not be absolutely satisfied here, but I finished anyway.

[align=center]Ducky - Character Test

Source

Yes, I know, the head is not perfect and yes, I know the eyelashes are missing. The last one was done on purpose at least.

Hope you like it and until next time, whenever that may be.

RS

edit: uncolored: click!

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Hmm. As I said on D art she just doesn't look right without eyelashes. And her face looks quite creepy... Just been honest..

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I can't really recall how often I told you that the missing eyelashers are a personal choice.
As for the rest, well at least I tried. That's all that matters.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: RockingScorpion,Sep 4 2015 on  10:32 PM
I can't really recall how often I told you that the missing eyelashers are a personal choice.
As for the rest, well at least I tried. That's all that matters.
I know its your own personal thing. Im just not used to seeing Ducky or Ali without them....

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Well, I do understand your disappointment (like I said in the 'How are you feeling?' topic, I wasn't satisfied with my fanart sketch, either), but I don't think it's a bad attempt by any means. Ducky is a really difficult character to draw and her face is especially a big pain in the tush, even more so if you're drawing from memory. Also, I don't really agree about the missing eyelashes. Every artist has their own personal style and makes their own choices, and I like yours as it is, eyelashes or no eyelashes. :yes

Sure, this isn't perfect, but I think you've done a great job on her body and when it comes to the head the only advice I can give is to keep practising! What I used to do was use screenshots of a character and draw from that a few times. Then, I would try and draw something without using any references, look at a screenshot of the character I'm trying to draw, and point out any mistakes I made and improve on them in future drawings. The only way from here is up! :DD

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I know how it feels to fail at art. Some of my drawings needed up to 3 attempts until I was somewhat pleased with the results and that was using a reference! You've tried drawing Ducky out if your head and you used a very tricky pose on top of that! I know it is disappointing but don't let that spoil your motivation for creating art. I think it is very good that you finished it anyway and show it to people despite the odd-looking face of Ducky (not due to the lack of eye-lashes, I don't mind that ;)). We all make mistakes every now and then, we're by no means perfect  :exactly

That being said, it's still a pretty decent drawing since everything else looks quite on spot :)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well it sure has been a while.
I'm done with photography school, so I do have more time on my hands now. There have been some kind of LBT "Fanart" updates, even though they weren't posted here ( :)littlefoot ) but I have something else planned, which might just end up as the biggest project I've done so far. I will make an own topic for that as soon as I can present some results, but for now, here's just a preview of sorts:

[align=center]Lttlefoot Vector Style Test

Source

I won't say what it is for exactly, I just will say the number 28 and that it'll take quite a while. Make of that information whatever you want. :D

And until next time then

RS

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hmm, maybe I should live up to my nickname (The Most Evil Swimmer  ^^spike ) and spoil everyone? Nah, I won't :p

The shading looks really nice. You used a high contrast of each shade here and I think it works well :)

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks, Snik. :)littlefoot

I decided to move the LBT Top Trumps topic to the project section, however, I will post the standalone arts in here, in a slighty bigger resolution as well. :)
So...

[align=center]Spike Vector Style Test

Source

I don't know anything I could say this time, sooo...
hope you like it, and until next time. :)

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I wish I could draw this good; your art looks like it was done by a professional; very impressive.

:wow