The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT: The Musical

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Another awesome chapter looking forward to the next one.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Act 3, Scene 5

[Sharptooth’s lair, in the late afternoon.  Ducky, Petrie, and Spike are tied up, and three raptors are guarding them, along with Chomper.  One is further away from the others. He spies a longneck from behind a nearby tree into a bush. He sneaks closer. Ali sticks her head out, sees him, and shrieks.  She pulls her head in, and what appears to be Ali darts from the bush back past the tree. The raptor rushes to chase, but when he passes the bush, Ali sideswipes him, and he smashes into the tree.  Ali had never moved; it was Littlefoot that had run away, and he now returns with Cera.  A raptor charges them, and they retreat back, until all three have passed Ali’s bush.  She then jumps out and runs to the prisoners.  She frees Ducky and Spike, but is having problems with Petrie.]

Petrie: Quickly, quickly!

Ali: Sorry, yours are tighter for some reason!

[Before she could finish, Chomper and the third raptor converge and trap her.]

Cera: Ali, help!

Ali: I can’t, I’m trapped!

Littlefoot: Ducky!  Help!

Ducky: I don’t know what to do!

Littlefoot: Do something!  [dodges raptor]  Anything!

Ducky: Like what?  [She’s very stressed and not handling the pressure well]

Ali: Littlefoot!  [She’s backed up as far as she can go]  This wasn’t part of the plan!

Cera: Ducky, come on!  Do something already!

Ducky: Like what?  What should I do, oh, what should I do!

Spike: You could pull that vine.

[He points at the vine hanging out of the wall. The battle stops, and everyone looks at Spike, who sighs, walks over, and pulls the vine.  It dislodges the above boulder, which Spike bowls at the raptor attacking Littlefoot and Cera.  He falls, but Littlefoot is cut off from Cera, and the last raptor converges on him.  Just in time, Ali darts in between them, and draws the raptor towards her.  The raptor and Chomper close in, but suddenly Chomper elbows his partner right in the face, and knocks him out.]

Chomper: Now go!  Run away!

[The six, including Petrie, who had been freed by Spike, hightail it out of there, just as Chomper hears loud foot stomps returning.  He falls over, playing dead.]

Sharptooth: [enters with two returning raptors] What’s going on in here?  [sees the destruction]  My bait!  What happened to my bait!  [roars in anger.  Chomper and the three raptors slowly get up] Oh, well, it is a minor setback.  Those brats are probably headed for the Great Valley, where we’ll get them along with the rest of the inhabitants!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Great well written chapter I enjoyed it a lot.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
And now we conclude Act 3! One more Act (and song) to go! Apparently songs close out acts now, that wasn't the goal but it keeps happening and I'm p. sure it's happening in act 4 too
==================================

Act 3, Scene 6

[The Mysterious Beyond, nightfall.  The six kids all run onstage, tired and out of breath.  They fall to the ground.  Cera perks up.]

Cera: We did it, it worked!  We freed everybody!

All (except Spike and Ducky): Hooray!

Littlefoot: And Spike, did I hear you say something back there?

Petrie: Yeah Spike, you talk!

Spike: (uh huh)

Littlefoot: …you don’t want to keep doing it?

Spike: (no)

Cera: [laughs] Whatever, it’s his choice, right?

[She stops smiling when Littlefoot just looks at her, says nothing, and then walks with Ali to the side of the stage.  Dumbstruck that he still hasn’t forgiven her, she looks at the others, who don’t meet her eyes.]

Cera: Does everyone else hate me too?

[She turns and walks to the other side of the stage.  Spike crosses to comfort her.  Ducky and Petrie are left center stage.  Spotlight shortens to show just them.  Petrie can see that Ducky is still upset.]

Petrie: What matter, Ducky?

Ducky: Oh, Petrie, once again, I could have saved the day and I did not.  It is a good thing that Spike was there, because I was not smart or brave enough to pull the vine myself.

Petrie: Ducky…[holds her hand in his] me been thinking.  Maybe it true.  Maybe you not brave like Cera or Littlefoot.  But not everybody need to be brave.  [Music in background[/b]: “If We Hold On Together”]  And the reason you special not because you brave, it because you nice, and thoughtful.

Ducky: I-I am?

Petrie: Yes.  You help solve problems when others are split, you treat everybody like they most important thing in Great Valley.  And, you believe in each and every one you meet.  You help make brave people like Littlefoot find the courage to show their bravery, you let alone and friendless child like Spike join with your family, without any thought of yourself.  And that make you more important than a hundred brave Littlefoots, or a thousand strong Ceras.  Not because of your courage.  Because of your heart.

Ducky: Do-do you mean it?

Petrie: Yes, me do!

Ducky: [throws her arms around him] Oh, Petrie!

[Spotlight moves off of them and onto Littlefoot and Ali, who are watching from the far side of the stage.]

Ali: Ahh…innocent love.

Littlefoot: Yeah.

Ali: If only we could go back to that.

[Littlefoot looks at her.]

Ali: Littlefoot, I know you’re thinking about last time, ó

Littlefoot: No, I’m not.  [pause]  Look, I know it would be impossible to regain what we’d lost…

Ali: [Still watching Ducky and Petrie] Yeah.

Littlefoot: But I’d be willing to try.  [Ali suddenly turns to look at him]  We’ve both made mistakes.  And you saved my life back there.

Ali: [music starts] Littlefoot, together, good friends can accomplish anything.

Song: “If We Hold On Together”

Ali:   DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY
WITH EACH PASSING DAY
YOU'VE COME SO FAR
DON'T THROW IT AWAY
LIVE BELIEVING
DREAMS ARE FOR WEAVING
WONDERS ARE WAITING TO START

Littlefoot:   LIVE YOUR STORY
FAITH, HOPE & GLORY
HOLD TO THE TRUTH IN YOUR HEART

Both:   IF WE HOLD ON TOGETHER
I KNOW OUR DREAMS WILL NEVER DIE
DREAMS SEE US THROUGH TO FOREVER
WHERE CLOUDS ROLL BY
Littlefoot:   FOR YOU AND I

[Switch spotlight over to Ducky and Petrie]

Ducky:   SOULS IN THE WIND
MUST LEARN HOW TO BEND
SEEK OUT A STAR
HOLD ON TO THE END
VALLEY, MOUNTAIN
THERE IS A FOUNTAIN
WASHES OUR TEARS ALL AWAY

Petrie:   WORDS ARE SWAYING
SOMEONE IS PRAYING
PLEASE LET US COME HOME TO STAY

Both:   IF WE HOLD ON TOGETHER
I KNOW OUR DREAMS WILL NEVER DIE
DREAMS SEE US THROUGH TO FOREVER
WHERE CLOUDS ROLL BY

Petrie:   FOR YOU AND I

[Another spotlight turns on over Ali and Littlefoot.]

Ali & Ducky:
WHEN WE ARE OUT THERE IN THE DARK
WE'LL DREAM ABOUT THE SUN
IN THE DARK WE'LL FEEL THE LIGHT
WARM OUR HEARTS, EVERYONE

[Both groups draw closer, and the spotlights merge]

Ducky:   IF WE HOLD ON TOGETHER

I [Ali chimes in] KNOW OUR DREAMS WILL NEVER DIE

[Littlefoot chimes in]  DREAMS SEE US THROUGH [Petrie chimes in] TO FOREVER

AS HIGH AS SOULS CAN FLY
THE CLOUDS ROLL BY
FOR YOU AND I

[Spotlight fades out as Ducky and Petrie fall asleep in each others’ arms, Littlefoot and Ali just beside each other.]

================
Act 3, Scene 6?  
================

[Still dark]

Cera: [sarcastically] Look at them.  Are we supposed to get together too, or what?

Spike: (no way) [curtain]

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Act 4, Scene 1  

[Scene opens on the six kids.  It’s now morning, everyone is in the exact same positions they fell asleep in.  Littlefoot rolls over, and gets up.  Ali opens her eyes and looks over.]

Ali: You’re getting up early.  [sits up herself]  Get a good rest?

Littlefoot: Yeah, I slept all night.  It was nice, I hadn’t slept very well the last two nights.

Ali: Me neither.  I was so nervous to come to the Great Valley, I think I made it seem bigger than it actually was.  Of course, I had to leave early, before he woke up.

Littlefoot: Ali?  Tell me something. What did you ever see in that other longneck that I didn’t have?  All I remember is him telling these outrageous stories about himself and claiming they were true.

Ali: He does do that.

Littlefoot: And you believed him!

Ali: Well, it wasn’t that so much as…I didn’t want to call him on it.  [Littlefoot looks at her skeptically]  It’s true!  I just felt sorry for him.  He didn’t have any parents, he was short for his age, and nobody liked him.

Littlefoot: Can’t imagine why.

Ali: Oh, he’s not that bad, if you get to know him.  He’s just lonely.  At least you have your grandparents… your grandpa!

[Everybody is woken up.  Ali jumps to her feet.]

Littlefoot: What?  What happened?

Ali: Oh no, I was supposed to return and tell the herd to get Night Flowers, and I didn’t, and now…ohhh!  It was my responsibility, and I’ve messed everything up!

Littlefoot: Ali, what’s wrong with my grandpa?  Tell me!

Ali: I’ll never reach the herd in time, I’ll need to get them myself!  It’s early, they might still be in bloom.  Littlefoot, I need to go.  This is all my fault!  [runs off]

Littlefoot: Ali, wait!  [she’s gone.  He looks at the others] We need to get back to the Great Valley now!

Cera: Let’s go!  [All exit other side of stage. Blackout]

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I sure hope Ali is able to get the Night Flowers on time. Another enjoyable chapter; I can't wait for the next one.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Act 4, Scene 2  

[The Great Valley.  Ducky’s mom, Petrie’s mom, and Mr. Clubtail are huddled around Mr. Threehorn.]

Petrie's mom: Where’s all the food?  I’m starving!

Ducky's mom: We haven’t anything to eat, except your red tree stars!

Threehorn: Ladies, please, calm down!  The food will return, the trees will grow back!  We’ve seen it before!

Petrie's mom: Why didn’t we eat what food we had before the red tree stars?  All the green food on the fallen trees rotted before we wanted to eat it!

Ducky's mom: I thought you were going to bring us an era of happiness and prosperity!

Threehorn: I will, now calm down, things are under control!  [as he is saying this, loud foot stomps are heard]

Sharptooth: Oh no, they’re not.  [enters, with five velociraptors and Chomper.  All adults except Mr. Threehorn run in fright]

Adults: Sharpteeth!  Run!  etc. [exit]

Threehorn: How did you get in without me knowing? Who are you?

Sharptooth: We’ve never met?  Hmmm, pity.  I knew your daughter so well.

Threehorn: My daughter?  What have you done with Cera?

Sharptooth: Mind your own business.

Threehorn: If you’ve done anything to her, I swear I’lló

Sharptooth: Silence!  Speaking of which, the only reason I haven’t done anything to you is that you’re still of use to me.  Now get back to your troops!  Don’t you want to put up a fight?

Threehorn: Of course I do!  I’ll gather everyone up and chase you out of my valley!

Sharptooth: Then go do it!

Threehorn: Fine, I will!  You asked for it!  [exits in a rage]

Sharptooth: [laughs] That fool.

Chomper: Sir?

Sharptooth: Yes?

Chomper: Why did you let him go?

Sharptooth: Have you ever heard the saying “A herd of yellow bellies led by a sharptooth will always defeat a herd of sharptooth led by a yellow belly?”  Well, no reason to remove their yellow belly just yet.  [looks in the direction that Threehorn ran]  Hmm, we’d better give him some time to come up with a plan.  Not too much time, or the plan might actually be well thought out.  Armies are always easier to defeat when they’re trying to follow somebody else’s badly designed strategy.  [uses a stick and makes a sundial out of it]  When the shadow reaches here, we’ll set out.  [Lights start to fade out] Their time will be up. [Lights are completely faded out]

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Act 4, Scene 3

[The adults are huddled in a different part of the Great Valley.  Threehorn comes rushing onstage.  The adults run to him.]

Adults: Is the Sharptooth gone?  What do we do?  etc.

Threehorn: Quiet!  I’ll tell you what we’re going to do, we’re going to stand and fight!  Now we’ve faced Sharpteeth before, and just because this one has a couple of Fast Biters with him doesn’t make him any different!  We’re not going to let that Sharptooth just march in here and take our valley which has been rightfully ours for so long!  We’re going to fight back, and let’s get rid of that son of a slime-swimmer!

Clubtail: Yeah!  Follow Threehorn!

[The other adults rally around Threehorn, but as they march forward, Littlefoot yells from offstage.]

Littlefoot: Wait!  [he and other four kids run on stage]

Threehorn: Littlefoot?  Cera?

Ducky: Mama!

Ducky's mom: Oh, hello dear.  Red tree star?  [offers Ducky one]

Ducky: …Hello?

Spike: (that’s it?)

Petrie: Me wish they act like this every time we run off.

Littlefoot: Mr. Threehorn, you can’t just send everyone charging in, you need to plan it out!

Threehorn: [aside] Ugh, not another bossy know-it-all longneck!  [to Littlefoot]  Look here, son, while we’re sitting here talking, that Sharptooth is attacking, and we need to do the same!  I don’t have time to sit around here and plan!

Littlefoot: And that’s what makes you a bad leader!

Threehorn: What?  Says who?

Littlefoot: You take the first solution you think of and don’t stop to consider any others.

Petrie: You no think to store food, and now it all gone!

Ducky: You feeded red tree stars to everybody so they cannot think clearly.  [looks at her mom]

Cera: And you sent me alone into the Mysterious Beyond to get them.

Littlefoot: And you’re the reason Sharptooth got into the valley.

Threehorn: Now you can’t blame that one on me!  That was not my fault, I left a guard!

Cera: Yeah, a guard who was stuffed full of red tree stars!

Littlefoot: Do you mean Hyp?  He was too busy romancing the nearby sweet bubble tree.  The Sharptooth walked right past him and so did we!  [Threehorn is take aback]  Mr. Threehorn, the Great Valley is falling apart under your rule, and I propose we get a new leader!

[The other kids cheer.  Petrie’s and Ducky’s moms, hearing the cheering, join in for no particular reason.]

Ducky: But, Littlefoot, who should be leader now?

Littlefoot: My grandpa, of course.

Clubtail: Your grandfather is too ill to be leading anybody right now.  That would, however, mean that you are the next obvious candidate foró

Threehorn: Just a minute!  I was the last ruler, and so I get to pick who comes after me!  And I pick…Cera!

[Everyone pulls away from Cera, as if she was struck with divine selection, and a spotlight snaps onto her.]

Cera: [stunned] Me?

Littlefoot: Cera?

Threehorn: Yes, Cera, are you deaf?  Not you!  If somebody’s going to lead us, at least it’s a threehorn.  [turns away, muttering]

Cera: [still stunned] Me?

Clubtail: Yes you! Now, what are we going to do aboutó

Sharptooth: [loud offstage rumble] TIME’S UP, inhabitants of the Great Valley! Hopefully your three-pronged leader has devised a cunning battle strategy, for it’s about to be put to the test!

Ducky: Cera, what are we going to do?

Littlefoot: [very disappointed] Yeah Cera, figure something out.

Cera: I-I…

Petrie: Cera!  Sharptooth find us any minute!

Cera: I know, I know, it’s just tható

Clubtail: That what?

Cera: Well, sometimes it’s good to have a threehorn in command, someone who’s willing to take chances and never stop fighting!  But other times, you need a leader who can balance ideas and situations, and think things through.  And this is one of those times!

Petrie: So?  What you saying?

Cera: I’m saying, much as I wish I was, I’m not the right leader for this situation!  I pass leadership of the Great Valley over to…Littlefoot!

Littlefoot: [looks up overjoyed] Cera, youó

Cera: No time for that now, thank me later, you’re the longneck, start thinking!

Littlefoot: Right!  [to Threehorn]  How many people haven’t eaten any red tree stars?

Threehorn: I-uh, [looks in direction of Sharptooth] er-I meanó

Clubtail: Threehorn and I had our own food source, but we’re the only ones who didn’t eat any.

Littlefoot: Good, then I want you two and my four friends to head for the main clearing!  Quickly!  [to Ducky’s and Petrie’s moms]  You twoó[breaks off, seeing them swaying from side to side] Never mind.  I want you to gather everyone nearby and get as far away as you can!

Petrie's mom: Sure, why not?

Ducky's mom: To prosperity!  [triumphantly holds up a red tree star.  Littlefoot knocks it out of her hand.  All exit.  Blackout]

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Another great chapter! Can't wait for the next one!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes same here looking forward to the next one.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Act 4, Scene 4

[The clearing.  At the back of the stage are two large ledges, with a space in between them.  Ducky and Spike are on one ledge with a large boulder, Threehorn is on the other with another large boulder.  On the ground are Clubtail, near the ledges,  and Littlefoot, who has a pile of leaves in front of him.  Cera is hidden behind a tree.]

Littlefoot: Are we all ready?

Others: Yes, we are, I’m in place, yep yep yep!  etc.

Littlefoot: Mr. Threehorn, Spike, get ready to shove your rocks on them once we have them cornered.

Threehorn: You got it.

Spike: (yes)

Sharptooth: There they are!  [enters between two trees, with Chomper and four velociraptors]  I couldn’t find anyone; I was getting worried that you all ran off!

Littlefoot: You’re going to wish we did!

Sharptooth: [to raptors] Get them!  [to Chomper]  Chomper, guard the entrance!  Don’t let any escape!

[Raptors charge forward.  Cera, behind the tree, knocks the tree over and hits a raptor, knocking it out.  Another charges Littlefoot, but falls through a pit hidden in the leaf pile.  One advances on Clubtail, but Petrie swoops down and drops a rock on it.  It’s hit by the rock, but it’s a glancing blow, and it’s merely pushed back.]

Petrie: Ooh, me not on target!

[Clubtail, Littlefoot, Cera, and Petrie hem the remaining raptors and Sharptooth into the space between the ledges.]

Littlefoot: Now!  Push!

Threehorn: Almost there!

Spike: (uh huh!)

[Suddenly, the fifth raptor appears on Threehorn’s ledge and slashes him.  Threehorn roars in pain and collapses.]

Cera: Daddy!  [Runs offstage]

Littlefoot: Mr. Threehorn!

Petrie: Oh no!

Clubtail: Now what do we do?  This wasn’t part of the plan!

Ducky: This wasn’t part of the plan…Petrie!  [Suddenly leaps off the edge and grabs hold of Petrie, who’s flapping in the air between the ledges]

Petrie: Oof…Ducky, what youó?

Ducky: Fly that way!

[Petrie gets a few strained flaps over, and Ducky swings off and crashes on top of the raptor, knocking it off the unseen side of the ledge with a shriek. Ducky starts pushing the boulder.  Petrie swoops over to help]

Ducky: Push, Spike, Push!

Spike: (okay!)

Cera: Get out of the way!

[Cera appears on Ducky’s ledge, and rams the boulder.  Both boulders fall and crush Sharptooth and the remaining raptors.  There is a moment of stunned silence.]

Ducky: Did…did we do it?

Petrie: We do it!  [The two hug while all cheer, but suddenly there’s a rumble and Sharptooth claws his way out!]

Sharptooth: You tried the same boulder trick again?  That trick’s getting a bit stale!  Come Chomper!  [He make for the exit.  Clubtail steps forward]

Clubtail: Stand back, kids!  I’ll handle him!

Sharptooth: Try me, bone brain!

[Sharptooth knocks him to the side with one swipe, where Clubtail falls and is still.  Sharptooth limps off the other way, followed by Chomper.]

Ducky: Littlefoot!  [she and others are tending to Mr. Threehorn]  

Littlefoot: How’s Mr. Threehorn?

Cera: I’m not sure yet!

Littlefoot: Stay with him, I’ve got to stop Sharptooth!  [races off after Sharptooth]

Cera: Littlefoot, wait for us!  Littlefoot!

[Blackout.]

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
So much suspense; hopefully the injured ones will be okay. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Act 4, Scene 5

[A large volcano.  Sharptooth is attempting to scale it, with Chomper a ways behind him.]

Chomper: Sir, what are we doing up here?

Sharptooth: Waiting for Littlefoot!  Let’s see how well he does when we choose the battlefield!

Littlefoot: [runs onstage] Sharptooth!

Sharptooth: You were foolish to follow me, Littlefoot, if not a tad predictable! Yet I am glad, because you were the one I’d wanted to meet most of all!  You have always been the leader of whatever group is opposing me, but in neither our first time meeting nor today have you personally taken me on!  Well now I’m open, and exposed!  Come on, Littlefoot!  Fight me, as an equal, and we can settle this once and for all!

[Littlefoot starts climbing up.  Ali runs onstage, with Night Flowers.]

Ali: Littlefoot!  What are you doing?  Don’t go up there to him!

Littlefoot: Ali, get out of here!  This is between him and me!

Ali: Littlefoot!  You can’t fight Sharptooth alone up there!  Nobody could!

Sharptooth:  I’m not going away on my own!  If you want your precious valley back, you’ll have to get rid of me yourself!

Ali: Don’t listen to him!

[Littlefoot keeps climbing.  Ali starts up after him, but Littlefoot doesn’t see.  However, he’s hesitating, just out of Sharptooth’s range]

Sharptooth: What’s the matter, Littlefoot?  Afraid because it’s two on one?  [pushes Chomper down the volcano’s slope.  He almost hits Ali, who barely gets out of the way, but drops some of the Night Flowers.]

Ali: Oh no!  [Chomper starts climbing up]

Littlefoot: Ali!  Don’t follow me!  Get down!

Ali: I can’t let you fight him alone!

Sharptooth: But indeed he shall, now for more than just his own life!  [slides down a bit, grabs Ali, and inches his way back to the top of the volcano.  Ali screams.]

Littlefoot: Ali!

Ali: Littlefoot!

[Sharptooth pulls the remaining Night Flowers out of her hand one by one and throws them into the volcano.]

Sharptooth: What are these pathetic petals?  We won’t be needing them!

Ali: Littlefoot!  The Night Flowers!

Sharptooth: Well, Littlefoot?  You were so good at coming up with a plan to defeat me last time!  Anything coming to mind?  [leans Ali over the edge of the volcano]

Ali: Littlefoot!  [Chomper has crawled back up and stands behind Sharptooth]

Sharptooth: I seem to recall that your last plan also involved putting one of your female friend’s life in serious jeopardy!  But the swimmer got lucky!  Do you trust luck to strike twice?

Littlefoot: You know what, Sharptooth?  I do!  Because that’s who I am!  I’m trusting!  But you’re not!  As a matter of fact, I can only think of one person you’ve ever trusted without a doubt!  And the funny thing is, you shouldn’t have!

[Suddenly, Chomper lunges forward, and grabbing Ali, throwing her down the volcano slope to safety.]

Sharptooth: What’s this?  Chomper!

Littlefoot: You were right, Sharptooth!  This is two on one!  But to be honest, I don’t think I mind at all!

[Littlefoot and Chomper strike as one and push Sharptooth into the volcano.  He lets out a terrible roar as he falls through the crater to his death.  Littlefoot and Chomper quickly run down the mountain to Ali.]

Ali: Ohhh…

Littlefoot: Ali, are you all right?

Chomper: Littlefoot…I need to tell you something.

Littlefoot: What is it?

Chomper: Well, back at Sharptooth’s lair, I spoke to Sharptooth after you and Cera ran off, and, Cera didn’t want to tell Sharptooth everything she did.  Sharptooth had threatened her.

Littlefoot: Thanks, Chomper, but after thinking it over, I figured as much.

[Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike run onstage.]

Cera: Littlefoot!  Are you okay?

Ducky: Where is Sharptooth?

Littlefoot: It’s all right, we won’t have to worry about him ever again!

Petrie: That what you say last time…

Littlefoot: How’s your dad and Mr. Clubtail?

Cera: Well, they’ll both be a bit shaken when they wake up, but they’ll be all right!

Littlefoot: That’s great!  Everyone’s okay!

[Spike picks up a Night Flower.  Ali notices.]

Ali: Littlefoot!  Your grandpa!

Littlefoot: Oh no!  How many Night Flowers are left?

Ali: [Gathers the Night Flowers that were dropped when Chomper almost hit her] Only a couple.  I hope there are enough.

Littlefoot: We’d better get there right away!  [All exit.  Blackout.]

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Amazing chapter with great suspense nice job with this one.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
And here's the final scene! This musical was a lot of fun to write, and I'm super proud of myself for maintaining a new scene a day (sometimes more!) until the play was over.

Special thanks to ADFan185 and LittlefootFan1990 for keeping me motivated to write these scenes on schedule, I hope you enjoyed the ride :yes

-------------------------------

Act 4, Scene 6

[The site where Grandpa is lying, in very bad shape. It is not even evident whether he’s conscious or not.  Grandma sits beside him.  The five, including Ali and Chomper, run on.  Chomper stops a bit before everyone else and hangs back.  Grandma looks up.]

Grandma: Oh, Littlefoot.

Littlefoot: We’ve got the Night Flowers, Grandma.

[Ali and Littlefoot step forward.  Grandma takes the flowers from Ali and places them in Grandpa’s mouth, who slowly starts to chew.]

Littlefoot: Come on, Grandpa. [Ali steps back to the far end of the stage, opposite Chomper.]

[Music change, more uplifting bit of James Horner’s original score.  Grandpa groans and slowly gets up.]

Grandma: Dear, don’t strain yourself, you need youró

Grandpa: I’ve had more than enough rest, all I need is to be back on my feet.  [gets to his feet]

Littlefoot: Grandpa?

Grandpa: Littlefoot.  I think you got me the Night Flowers just in time.

Littlefoot: Grandpa!  [runs over and hugs him]

Grandpa: And Ali, I’ll make sure to tell your herd how helpful you were as well.

Ali: Thanks, Grandpa Longneck.

[Grandma and Grandpa step back together, and Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike take center stage.]

Littlefoot: I couldn’t have done this all without you guys.  No matter what, you always stood by me.

Petrie: It no just us.

Cera: No matter what we did, you always stood by us, too.

Ducky: We all stood by each other, yep yep yep!

Spike: (yeah!)

Song: “Bestest Friends (reprise)”

Cera:    THOUGH AT TIMES WE’VE STRAINED OUR BOND
   THROUGH THICK, THROUGH THIN AND MORE
Ducky: TOGETHER WE HELD ON
Petrie:   ëCAUSE THAT WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR.

Cera:   WHATEVER COMES OUR WAY
   BE IT LARGE OR STRONG OR TALL
Petrie:   WE STAND HERE BY YOUR SIDE
Ducky:AND FACE IT ONE AND ALL.

All three: AND WE WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR FRIENDS
Cera:   NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE
All three: JUST AROUND THE BEND
Ducky: OR VERY, VERY FAR

All three:
   NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO
   WHEN YOU’VE REACHED YOUR JOURNEY’S END
   NO MATTER WHAT
   WE STILL WILL BE YOUR FRIENDS!

[All lights on stage shrink to a single spotlight encompassing just the five kids, who share a group hug.]

Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky and Petrie:
   YOUR VERY, TRUEST, BESTEST FRIENDS!

[Final curtain.]

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I've enjoyed the ride alright! Can't wait to see what else you have in mind for a story or a play.

Edit: By the way, thanks for the mention in the last part of the musical.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I did as well awesome job with the story. And thanks for the mention that I have you motivation to keep going.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(this got so few reviews, why?  :confused )

Okay, so I finally had the time to read and review this so prepare for a lengthy review of each scene. Respectively, I think there will be more than just one post since I have a habit of exceeding the emoticon limit here on the GoF on such occasions  :angel

Let's start with the Prologue.
  • first scene:
    First of all a general comment. Did I really just read drug use? :lol: I wonder how that will have a role to play in this, considering that I've got hints planted in my story too. The synopsis makes me curious for sure!

The introduction was quite good. You kept it in the movie's style. Instantly gave me some familiarity. In general, I think you managed to follow the typical structure of those movies quite well, entering the movie with an easy-going scene of the gang playing games (I like that you went beyond the usual grunt sounds of Spike and actually gave him some sort of voice here so that people can hear his thoughts too ^^spike) and then introducing the main problem of the movie (which is probably Threehorn being Threehorn again :lol).

Based upon your description, the storm didn't seem too bad though that description lacked detail. This is a result of the story being written in script format though so that should be okay.

You seem to go for a DuckyxPetrie romance, huh? Interesting :p Well, let's see how the situation developes (uhh, escalates?) further, shall we?

• second scene
    Ah, I think I know what you may have meant with "drug use" :smile

So, Spike is keeping his promise not to tell Ducky that Petrie loves her but Ducky has noticed something already. Maybe she suspects it?

Cera agrees to her father's plead after he manipulates her. I'm not sure if Cera would really go as far as actually betraying her friends by following her father blindly... but you wrote Mr. Threehorn's part excellently. This is just so in-character for him :rolleyes And Cera falls for it.

• third scene
    Well, this was a pretty good argument over there :smile Cera was caught by her friends and now the gang is split up... Cera is probably mad at them all, Petrie will be sad about Ducky not coming with him (poor Petrie...), Ducky is just confused about things and Littlefoot is mad at Cera and, possibly, Petrie too. So mad that he doesn't even want to talk...

Onward to the first Act then...
  • first scene
    You can always count on Ducky to keep a cool head when there is tension in the group... well, I'm surprised how few changes the song needed, I almost felt like singing-along :DD Either way, Cera and Littlefoot come to different solutions... plus Cera just walked into a death trap, lovely :rolleyes Wonder how that'll go...

• second scene
    Dang, that was some speech of Threehorn :blink:

The sickness of Grandpa was never truly healed? Well, I suppose then it will never be and the ultimate result of this is clear... though he might receive some help from Old One's herd soon... now that makes me wonder... are we going to see Ali again? :p

• third scene
    Well, this one was short but delicious... so to say. At least everybody agrees on rescueing Cera... I don't know if t hey're tall enough to fight a Fastbiter yet... but I'm sure they figure out a way, they always do :yes

• forth scene
    Uhh, this is mildly confusing. Which is good. Nothing wrong with keeping the readers in the dark :smile

• fifth scene
    Oh wow, that was quite awesome. The plot is slowly thickening for sure :smile

Chomper enters the stage (in this case, literally) to rescue his friends from the same fastbiters. And he has news... important news. I wonder if they will be able to inform the Valley in time...

Anyway, great job writing Chomper's part of the song. Those words are working really well the way you chose them, yep, yep, yep :)

• closer...
    haha, Petrie is being funny here... and he only listens to Ducky... :idea
Inactive, probably forever.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Act 2, here we go!
  • scene 1
    Whoa, I should have known...
    Chomper discovers that an old foe from the Mysterious Beyond is taking the opportunity to settle a score with Littlefoot and his friends.
    Note to self, read more carefully :smile Anyway, I think it is a great idea of yours to introduce him again. If you ask me, surviving that only increases his reputation as being the toughest Sharptooth around... although he is right when he says that it is kind of laughable to lose against a bunch of kids. Well, he is cunning. He uses the same trick they used on him. Bait. Do you still know where your daughter is now, Threehorn, do you?  :nyah

• scene 2
    Ha, knew it! Ali was gonna be in this too. I'm a little surprised to be honest that she was allowed to go on her own. It would have taken only one fastbiter to stop her on her way...

Threehorn is now in charge (what an evil plan, wow! Calling a meeting without them. :lol:) and Grandpa is very weak... not a good situation. And Ali's loyalities aren't too clear either... Littlefoot seems to be all she cares about after all. I'm not so sure if Littlefoot will like hearing that she preferred to help him instead of his sick grandpa :unsure:

• scene 3
    Good boy, Chomper! (though I wonder if Sharptooth would have any use for a kid like Chomper...)

• scene 4
    He actually believed in Chomper being useful? Wow, Sharptooth must be desperate  :DD

I wonder though why he wants to help Threehorn getting his red treestars... does he think it will be easier to attack then? Most likely.

• scene 5
    Oh wow Cera managed to escape with Littlefoot but the others are caught instead. The fighting scene was quite intense and now there is the question... where are Chomper's loyalities? :unsure:

For the next scenes, I expect Cera and Littlefoot to have a good talk and Ali to join them. Meanwhile, I wonder what Chomper will do with his three captives...

• scene 6
    Poor Ali, she really doesn't get a very good welcome from anyone :lol

Well, Littlefoot and Cera aren't smashing their heads at each other but they're not collaborating either it seems. That's not how to rescue friends in need... Littlefoot doesn't even want Ali to help.

Oh well, maybe the song gave them a bit of reason back :p
Act 3, all good things are 3, right? ;)
  • scene 1
    Wow, that was awesome, dude! The way you write Sharptooth is absolutely amazing... and Ducky now has a very serious matter to think about. What a scene, the best so far I'd daresay  :lol

• scene 2
    Hmm, Ali baiting the fastbiters? Would she be able to outrun them? Anyway, at least Cera and Ali remember their old friendship while Littlefoot seems to be mad at her because of Rhett (I'd assume?)

• scene 3
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeed for everyone  ^^spike No seriously, the plan is quite interesting and cunning. I wonder if it'll work... and they didn't even notice that Cera didn't bring those treestars... :rolleyes:

• scene 4
    Oh dear :lol Things are so totally messed up it's even funny! Poor Grandpa though, he's left without any strength...

• scene 5
    Aww, action-packed scenes always come so short in script writing (which is not your fault at all, don't get me wrong :p) Either way, it looks like Chomper pulls a Severus Snape on Sharptooth, playing the bad guy while actually trying to help the good... secretly... even though that requires harming them in order to not be discovered. And the plan worked after all... and Spike was actually useful for once  ^^spike Ducky clearly wasn't though...

• scene 6
    I think this one just beat the first scene of Act 3 as my favourite... Petrie's speech was so amazing (I wish this scene was actually animated and dubbed right now  ^^spike ) and... let's just say that it would make my day to see this combination perform IWHOT for real! I hope our two couples will hold on together quite literally too... not Cera and Spike though :p
Inactive, probably forever.