The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Sharptooth = supernatural?

Serris · 23 · 5802

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Sharptooth isn't supernatural, nor invincible. Plates and Bovus (my name for the Horned Sharptooth) could beat him 2 on 1.
Littlefoot's mother was also taking care of business on Sharptooth until her guard was down. He's the strongest, but not too strong.
Some sequel sharpteeth like Plates, the Allosaurus, and Bovus were given some of his abilities, and it seems Plates is an even better fighter, destroying Chomper's parents until Papa Sharptooth sent him off the cliff with a tail attack. Who knows what he could have been capable of in the state of such fatal hunger.

Sharptooth killed Littlefoot's mother because she was in defense mode for the safety of the children. It was only when after he got bit when she really took him down. I bet she could have crushed him if she chose to go on the offensive.
I don't have anything against him, whether he's a starving predator or a villain, I'm just trying to convince people that he is not invincible to things other than drowning, I can assure you.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I don't believe in superpowers in LBT, so of course I don't consider him as supersharptooth. I think - all his teleportations, jumps, invisibility, fury, etc - is results of maximum ultimate level of his general strength and power. He's so powerful when he's even on his normal "calm" mode. And these ultimate powers grow to beyond level when hew enters in "full rage" mode.

As I told, I think Littlefoot's Mother is able to beat almost everyone, because she was in her own "full rage" mode, defending single child. She and Sharptooth - they totally ignored all the pain, hits in neck, complete deadly wounds that would instantly disable any other creature. But not them.

Now I think: really, why doesn't LBT5 (and ok ok, even LBT14) sharptooth enter in the same state when they're "invisible", really, why not. Then they definitely could handle with LBT1 sharptooth when they're "many vs 1". :)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think supernatural here is meant to be paranormal. Sharptooth has a supernatural (demonic) presence but he is physical Tyrannosaurus. Unlike subsequent Sharpteeth, Sharptooth possesss an invidious presence that caused your hair to stand up on back of your neck. I read somewhere Stephen Spielberg saw Sharptooth as Satan, Littlefoot as Moses, The Treestar as the Star of David, and The Great Valley as The Promised Land.

For me, there is also some Christian symbolism, Sharptooth is drowned in water which denotes Baptism is water, Satan’s power broken when a person becomes a Christian and is baptized in water (Acts 19:1-21), out of Jesus’ side as He died fod sins was blood and water (John 19:34),  and that Jesus is the Living Water (John 7:37-39) that Sharptooth sinks in. In addition, the Gang uses a giant Rock to sink Sharp tooth which alludes to Christ being Cornerstone (Ephensians 2:19-22), and the rock upon which a house stands (Matthew 7:24-27). The fact that the Gang is Five could denote the Five wounds of Christ, the wounds that defeated Satan and Sin, in this case Sharptooth.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 02:45:57 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith