The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What would you like...

Petrie · 84 · 12520

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I wonder if it means a dangerous case of desensitazion if kids grow too accustomed to violence through television (and I'm NOT talking of the deleted land before time scenes here, which I'd love to see myself, but of the really nasty stuff) or play console games. Do you think that generations to come will be more ready to turn violent because of that?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Yes, kids are desensitized these days, unfortunetally.

Non the less, I'd still like to see all those scenes that Bluth fought for.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Cool. Part of the reason I want to see them is on principle. Bluth felt strongly enough for them that he fought long and tirelessly for them.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I'm positive that's part of the reason, but where the kids pick up most of their violent behaviors is from those around them....parents, peers, community....these are more likely to produce violent actions than a tv show or video game because it's real--a video game is not. ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Exactly. Its people like Judith Barsi's father who cause violence. (Judith Barsi was the orginal voiceof Ducky who was murdered by her father.) If only he hadn't shot himself after that, then he would have gone ot jail and we would have the satisfaction of knowing that he would have been someone's plaything.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Violence is all in the mind of the viewer! I dunno if anyone heard the news of a 17 year-old kid murdering a 14 year-old because his mind was "warped" but drugs and the video game "Manhunt". The summer just gone this happened and the VG was blamed for the murder. I reckon its all head of the individual. They have to be mentally disturbed or have some serious problems if they're gonna start acting out what they see/play. I've played and seen some of the goriest and most violent games and movies and it's never given me the incentive to pick up a blade and go on a rampage! Young Barsi's father obviously had some issue that drove him into doing the dispicable thing he did...something bugged his brain.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Exactly. Saying that violent movies and VGs is a way of avoiding responisibility. If you kill someone AFTER watching a violent movie, those thoughts were already there.
Like someone IN a horror movie once said: "Don't you blame the movies, Sid. Movies don't creat psychos! Movies make psychos more creative!"

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Barsi's father was an alcoholic.  That's what did him in and why the whole tragedy occured.  I wrote a story based on it a while back.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Was it the one where Ducky's father steals her voice? And in process of trying to keep her and her friends from retrieving it, he plummets to his death.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nope, Arvens wrote a story directly about Judith Barsi.

Once I found a really sad webpage about Judith Barsi and her tragic dead. Unfortunately several redesigns were made at the page which I find took some of the original touch of the page away.  The original url (there is a link to the new url) was www.angelfire.com/tx4/judithbarsi/
The original page made me cry a bit though I hardly ever cry (in fact I sometimes think that I do not cry enough). The page had the popular melody "Twinkle, twinkle little star" as a background melody, but they had written a very sad new text for it:

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
My name's Judith,
What was yours?
I don't know what I did wrong,
Now I've nothing but this song.
Never grew up, 'cause, you see,
Years back, Daddy murdered me.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ Not exactly about Judith Barsi but I based my story on her tragedy. ;)  Did I actually show you that story because you sure seemed to know about it....  :unsure:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, you sent it to me and I read it quite a while ago already.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Cool. Can you, perhaps, post the story on the fanfiction section, Arvens, I'd like to read it.  :cry

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Thanks.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
what would this fanfic be about?? I wouldn't mind giving it a read.

-Threehorn

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's posted in the fanart/fanfiction section.  There's a link to it. ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Its the one about Ducky's voice.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth