The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

New Gang of Five Emoticons

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
For the first time in a very long while the Gang of Five is getting a few new emoticons and for the first time ever they come in land before time style:
:)littlefoot  x(cera  ^^spike  :sducky  :(petrie
Thank you very much, RockingScorpion, for making these for us :yes
They are really beautiful!

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks Malte, my pleasure, I had a lot of fun picking out expressions and making them. :)littlefoot

Here they also are in somewhat bigger versions, for anyone who would like to see them:

As a start I wanted to cover the entire gang and some basic emotions like happy, sad, angry. But I certainly don't wanna stop there, and that's where everyone in this forum could contribute to this:

If there is an emoticon you'd like to see here, just post an image of the expression and what it is supposed to mean in this topic.

The bigger the image, the better. Extracting them out of small images would work if there is nothing else available, but it's somewhat more difficult.
I'll pick the ones that I think would fit the most, and I'm just one person making all of these, so we definitely won't end up with 20 different emoticons for background longneck number 25 (I know a forum where that is actually the case, but the pictures come from a lot of people so yeah :D).

So if I don't use the expression you chose as a future emoticon, don't be disappointed, as I said, I'm only one guy and there's only so much I can do in my spare time. ;)

For the beginning, I'd say covering the expressions of those yellow emoticons we have atm with LBT characters would be a good start.

So...yeah, that's it. Hope you enjoy this little extra. ^^spike

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ha! These are fantastic! Thanks and great work! :)littlefoot  :DD

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
LOL at the Ducky one.  :DD  has a look like "oops I just wet myself." XD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What about animated ones?  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Animated ones in that kind of style would only be possible if it's very simple, anything else takes quite a while. What all of these already can do are eye movements, that is pretty limited, but maybe in some case it'll be all that's needed.

The last time I did a smooth animation that's just an eye blink, I made 12 traditional sketches, then turned those into the digital frames, so I could basically make about 6 to 12 unique (but unanimated of course) emoticons in that time, so it's probably not going to happen.

But hey, never say never. :)littlefoot

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Awesome.  I don't know why I never thought of that.  Adding new emoticons is a great idea! :)littlefoot

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
These are so cool! I am going to use them too often ^^spike

I see you're asking for expression suggestions. Would you like the example images to be screenshots from the TV show and movies?

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone, glad to see that they are well accepted :)littlefoot

@darkwolf: yep, screenshots would be what I need, movies preferred since the tv show animation lacked quality a bit. A good site to find stuff would be this, the most complete archive of lbt movie screenshots out there, :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm definitely up for more emoticons in the style of our beloved dinosaur friends! :)littlefoot

Also, if this takes off, maybe a few of the side characters wouldn't be a bad idea. ^^spike

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'd really love one of Chomper looking hungry, or licking his chops, or something of that nature! :p

Really great emoticons, btw, RockingScorpion!
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
This is great RockingScorpion, thanks!  :)littlefoot

Are they all vectorized? Did you draw them yourself or did you sketch over screen shots of the movies?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
They're all all vectorized, yep. And yeah, I went for screenshots, I could've made them from scratch probably, but after 13 movies pretty much all expressions should be covered, so I didn't see a reason to do so (also I'm lazy :p )

pokeplayer: sure, some side characters would definitely be possible, it doesn't have to be the gang and no one else

vonboy: if you got something, send it in. :)littlefoot

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
All us designers/creative types are lazy, it's what makes us great  ^^spike

I'm a bit busy at work for the next few weeks, but if you need help starting February I'm available. Do you use illustrator?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Omg! These are adorable! Thank you RockingScorpion  :)littlefoot
8 years with TGOF :yum

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
These are awesome RS :)littlefoot
These will certainly be popular for a long time to come. I would also love to see emoticons for Chomper and Ruby too. ^^spike

Great work though keep it up mate.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Great job, RockingScorpion! These new emoticons are great.  :)littlefoot

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Nice one, RockingScorpion! These new emoticons are awesome!  :)littlefoot

I wouldn't mind helping out in this if you want, but the problem is that I don't think I have the means to vectorise the images, so I'm not sure if I'll be very useful if I just draw over some expressions for you... Still, the offer's there if you want it.  :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

ddmkm122

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Credit where its due--I really do like these! :)  Surprised we've never bothered to do this in ten years of existence.