The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time: The Second Stone of Cold Fire

LBTFan13 · 276 · 25333

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
A long time ago, when the earth was young, humans did not exist. Then again, neither did dogs, cats, lions, tigers, bears, or even elephants. In fact, 150 million years ago, the planet was ruled by a magnificent race of creatures known as dinosaurs.

These dinosaurs lived out life normally, just like we do today, but there were always strange events that would occur now and then, and for the dinosaurs of the great valley, the most important event that would happen to their world was also one of the scariest.

Zaine continued to run alongside the pond. He wouldn't stop, and he was the happiest he could ever be. He was running towards his parents whom he had thought were dead, along with the rest of his herd. "Mother! Father!" he yelled out to them, and from his point of view, it looked like they were running towards him as well.

Suddenly, a flash of light covered the Great Valley and blinded Zaine. A few seconds passed and he was able to see again, but he couldn't see his parents anymore. Instead, he saw what looked like the bright circle. Strangely enough, it started falling towards him, until Zaine realized that it wasn't the sun, but a gigantic rock. Terrified, Zaine tried to runaway, but he was unable to move.

Zaine screamed himself awake, his body sweating hard. He panted as he looked around. The sun had already risin up into the sky, and the Great Valley looked as beautiful as ever. Zaine breathed a huge sigh of relief. "Man, why do I keep having these nightmares?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky was playing with her siblings and her mother in the still water near where their nest was, after they had woken and eaten some early morning food.  

Littlefoot was just waking up, being woken up by his grandparents.  He yawned slowly stood up, stretching as he did so.  "Coming grandpa." He said then walked with his grandfather over to where his grandmother had started to eat.  He walked to the little pile of tree stars and started to eat the pile.  He was a bit amazed at how they knew he usually woke up hungry.  

Mim was elsewhere, eating her breakfast, or at least a very early morning snack.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine had gotten up by now and started eating tree stars off of a small tree. "What do these dreams mean? Why do I see my parents and then that giant rock?" Zaine was curious as to what these dreams meant, especially since every night he had the same one. "I know, I'll go ask Littlefoot. He might be able to help." With that, Zaine started walking further into the valley, looking for his friend.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail was in a tree sleeping, when he slipped and fell hitting every branch on the way down. As he hit the ground on his head, he moaned out an "Ow." 'Well now htat I'm awake...might as well go see what's going on...I thought I heard someone scream.' Longtail stood up and began to walk forward, and just so happen to bump into Chomper knocking him down while he was searching for ground crawlers. "Oh sorry Chomper...I'm just waking up." Muttered Longtail with a yawn.

Chomper nodded and said "It's okay...hey wanna help me look for ground crawlers?" Longtail polietly said "No thanks, I thiink I heard someone scream before I woke up...I'm going to find out who." Chomper however was more than happy to follow along. "Well let's go!" said the purple sharptooth with a smile.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Argaya and Vylor were in a clearing not far from Longtail. They heard the commotion and decided to see what was going on.

"Hello Longtail. Hello Chomper." Vylor said. He examined the tree.

"Did you fall from up there?" Argaya asked.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail sighed and said "Yeah...I fell...again! I don't know why I keep choosing to sleep in trees if I can't stay in them!" Chomper giggled a little and said "Come on Longtail let's keep going."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Where to?" Argaya asked.

"Do you have any idea as to why you fell?" Vylor asked Longtail.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail answered Vylor's question by saying "I cant see where I'm rolling when I'm asleep, especially on a thin branch. So I tend to fall."

Chomper spoke to Argya and said "Longtail thinks he heard a scream, and we're going to find it!"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Strange. We both heard a scream. Argaya, do you think that you could locate the source?" Vylor said.

"I believe that it came from somewhere in the direction of the Thundering Falls." Argaya replied.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky was playing swimmer and splasher with her siblings, her sister diver had agreed to be the swimmer in this one and had taken a deep breath to dive.  Ducky was watching as best as she could, determined to not be the one the swimmer got.  

Littlefoot continued to eat his breakfast.  He wanted to have a good large breakfast before he went off in search of his friend so they could spend some time playing instead of playing and eating.  

Mim had finished her early morning snack and took a few leaves in her hand and decided to set off to see what sorts of things were going on in the area.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine kept walking until he found Littlefoot eating. He smiled a little and ran towards him, unaware of a twig on the ground. He tripped on it and started rolling really fast towards Littlefoot. He managed to scream out,

"Littlefoot! Heads up!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looked over at the voice.  He wasn't sure what to do but knew he had to help somehow so he ran over to try to do his best to stop Zaine or slow him enough so he could stop himself.  

Ducky and Mim were doing much the same as before.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine felt himself slow down to a complete stop. He looked up and saw Littlefoot ontop of him."Wow, thanks Littlefoot. I'm sorry or tripping on that stick and almost running you guys over."

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Denton slowly came too, awakening to the bright circle which was now high in the morning sky. He had stayed up all night listening to a grown up tell stories of old times in the valley.

Denton's mother was nearby grazing on some tall trees, she looked over at him after hearing him yawn and stirr

"My dear child, you're such a heavy sleeper" she said and she lowered her head to give a gentle nudge and a lick

"Aw mom!" said Denton not wanting the lick bath right at that exact moment

Sudenly he heard some noises in the distance, the other children it soiunded like

"Can I go meet my friends, mom?" asked Denton

"Oh, I dont see why not." smiled his mother "Just dont go beyond the great wall or out of the valley"

"Like I'd ever want to" mumbled Denton" he smiled at his mother and then galloped away to meet his friends

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot smiles, "I'm just glad you are ok.  It can be easy trip with all the twigs, rocks and stuff." He said, thinking of it happening to him and his friends a few times at least whole playing games, and running from sharpteeth.  

"You eaten breakfast yet?  You can join us." He said.

____

Ducky saw Diver coming up and quickly dived to one side, and Diver missed her and got one of their brothers instead.  She laughed as she swam off a short distance, more in the mood to play some splashing with their mother and a few siblings who were playing that instead of splasher and swimmer.

Mim came up and sat down, watching the young swimmers playing as she ate the few leaves she still had in her hand.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
"Sure, I'd like that." Zaine did have a little food, but he figured eating with Littlefoot would be a little better. Then he realized what he was going to ask him.

"Littlefoot, can I ask you something?"

"Have you ever had a strange sleep story, only not just once but many times in a row?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
LIttlefoot nodded, "I have a few times.  The last time I think was when my grandparents and I went on a journey to where a bunch of other longnecks met and... we did something amazing there." Littlefoot said.  Not saying much of what they did, or that he met his dad then.

Ducky continued playing with her siblings and mother while Mim finished eating then gathered a few sticks, parts of vines, and leaves, some grass and such and started on making a nest.  She figured why not practice now before it was needed then to need one and not have practiced.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: lbt/cty_lover,Jan 16 2008 on  06:31 PM
"Strange. We both heard a scream. Argaya, do you think that you could locate the source?" Vylor said.

"I believe that it came from somewhere in the direction of the Thundering Falls." Argaya replied.
"Better get going then." said Longtail as eh walked towards the falls, with Comper close behind, Chomper then mentioned "I'm hungry, can we look for ground cralwers on the way please?" Longtail laughed and said "Yes of course we can. Just use your sniffer." "Okay!" was Chompers only reply before he began to sniff the air and the dirt for the scent of any crawlers in the area.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Denton soon came to where Littlefoot and Zaine were

"Hey guys, what's new?" he asked as he came into the clearing

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: LBTFan13,Jan 16 2008 on  02:59 PM
neither did dogs, cats, lions, tigers, bears
Lions and tigers and bears? OH MY  :o ! Lol, I couldn't resist  :P:

Petrie flies in
Petire: Me saw another flier coming to valley! It coming quick...not look to good...