The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Children of Maganog

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
ooc: my last post for the night, so everyone can catch up on things

Meanwhile, as the rain clouds seemed to be showing signs of clearing, and the sun's rays peaked through a group pf flyers were gliding over the valley. Though strangely not in their usual perfect v formation, but rather scattered and awkward.

They soon made their way for a landing where the adults were meeting to discuss the odd weather

Sephy, the lead flyer landed before Granfather Longneck, apearing a bit wobbly and shaken up about something

"What is this?" Asked the elderly longneck and he looked down at the group of flyers who were all just as equally tired looking as their leader

"We come bringing ill news" said Sephy, his voice cracky and sick sounding "More storms approaching. Potentially much worst than the one that should had passed over here by now."

The flyer coughed and hacked after his message and flopped down, obviously exhausted from his trip. The news brought about a comotion amongst the other grownups

"There's more..." said another flyer, this time a young female taking her leader's place to speak "I fear its much worst than just the storms."

-----------------------------------------------------

The fastbiters did their best to walk against the strong winds and the heavy rain, the clouds boomed loud with terrifying thunder. Blackclaw was not willing to give into it. He was bound determined to get his followers to the distant valley

"We need a break! this storm will kill us all!" called one of the fastbiters

"Nonesense!" called back Blackclaw angrily "Keep moving!"

They pressed onwards, the storm bellowed and the winds roared through the trees. In the distant fields they could see huge funnels bouncing about the lands, tearing up trees as they went. Debris was flying everywhere and Blackclaw had no choice but to call off hthe jouney until the storm blew over

"Find a cave! Now!" he called back at the other fastbiters "Get to safety!"

the lightning cracked recealing the massive cones that extended from the thunder clouds, and there was something else...

something amongst the horizon, a massive black body of sorts... a sharptooth. Not just any sharptooth

'The children of Maganog have arisin.' came a voice in Blackclaw's head

But before Blackclaw could ponder the meaning he was caught in the head by a flying limb, knocking him off his feet and on to the ground. He felt a hot liquid flow over is left eye... blood

he scurried trying to get up, the strong winds almost knocking him down or lifting his body up in the air... he managed to take another glance where the large sharptooth was standing... it was not there

"Get into a cave!" called a distant voice, the fast biters had already made good distance at the moment of Blackclaw's terrible injury. Blackclaw limped forward fighting the winds that were blowing from every which direction. He looked over to see the two funnel clouds form together in a massive vortex, spinning in a large spiral as they brought their chaos upon the land

Soon Blackclaw found a cave and hurried into hit, avoiding more debris, there he waited. the spinning clouds roared a terrible roar and the lightning flashes intensified. It was a storm the fastbiters had never seen before.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim returned to the cave and found Longtail gone.  She dropped the leaves on the ground inside the cave in one corner out of the way.  She then went outside and started to look around the ground for any footsteps, assuming Longtail would not try to fly in this sort of weather.  She started doing her best to try to follow the trail of foot prints.  

Ducky was playing in the water near her mother's nest in a large enough puddle of water to hold her and a few of her siblings.  

Littlefoot was looking around for some of his friends.  He had decided to look for a while before heading over to the secret caverns where Chomper and Ruby lived.  

Petrie had managed to partially doze off but woke up again to take a look outside to see how the sky was doing.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
The storm only got worse, and Zaine knew he had to do something. "That does it. I can't stand around like this. I've got to find the others. They could be in trouble!" With that, Zaine began to run out in the open, braving the intense rain and wind.

"Longtail! Denton! Where are you guys!?" Suddenly, Zaine tripped on a rock and fell onto the ground. "Oww. That really hurt!" Zaine tried to stand back up, but he had twisted his foot off the rock. "Oh great! What am I going to do?" There was no chance he could walk at the moment. Right now, all he could do was yell out.

"Longtail! Denton! Anybody! Please help me!"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Longtail, the storm is only going to get worse. We should get back into the cave." Vylor shouted above the howling wind.

"We know where a cave is that is really close to here." Argaya commented.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Quote from: AvestheForumFox,Jan 31 2008 on  12:20 AM

Korr and his gang stumbled out into an opening, long weary from their defeat and the trek from the valley. Little did they know someone was watching them from above, atop a large cliff

"Well, if it isn't the stooge gang that I've been hearing about lately." commented Meyla, a female redhorn "I wonder what foolish antics they've been getting themselves into lately."

She sighed and rolled her eyes then started her journey down a dirt beaten path to meet them. It wouldn't be long until she stood at the end of the trail the other redhorns were journeying down

"Hello, boys." said the female redhorn "Done anything amusingly stupid lately?"
Korr turned around and almost laughed at what he saw. "Well, well, if it isn't Meyla here once again...I thought you'd been eaten by now...so how is the whole solo deal working for you?" said the male Redhorn as he knew that would irritate her. He then frowned as he replied to her original question...

"I almost had the freak! I WILL kill him, and I want to go back...but those other valley fools won't even let me near the wall!" He then looked to Meyla and said "Perhaps you can be of some use...you get one last chance with us....got it?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot was looking to see how his friends were doing when he thought he heard someone yelling.  He headed off in the direction and as he got closer the voice sounded familiar.  He paused and called out.  

Hello!  Is someone there ?!?" He yelled out.  "Do you need help ?!?"

Ducky was starting to head to where her mother was since things were getting a bit much, and she was getting a little tired anyway.  

Mim was attempting to follow Longtail's footprints when she thought she heard something.  She paused and closed her eyes to try to tell where the sound came from.  She got an idea, despite the wind and started in that direction.  She hoped Longtail was ok where ever he was, but it seemed someone needed her immediate help.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante ran towards another cave, when he ran into Longtail, Vylor and Argaya.  
"Hey gang!  Good to see you!"

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Help the likes of you?" scoffed Meyla "Ha! I'm not that niave!"

she stuck her tongue out childishly at Korr and turned away from him with her nose in the air

"Whatever you losers have been up to is not of my interests... After all, I was kicked out of the herd for wrong reasons. Why should I help the one who caused the ban?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail looked up over Denton as Vylor and Argaya called out to them, and said to Denton "Ya see...eveyone has been looking for you." Then he asked aloud..."Which way is home...I would like to get out of this sky water!"

Korr smiled and said "It seems to me you don't have a choice...it's either help us...or stay out here and starve!" he then said "Those valley fools won;t let any of my herd into that valley, but they haven't met you yet...if you go in my place and bring him to me....yeah...that might work!" Korr looked over to Meyla and simply smiled again.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Getting home is out of the question. A cave will have to do for tonight." Vylor said.

"I'll lead the way to one that is right by here." Argaya said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine heard Littlefoot's voice. "Littlefoot! Over here! Please help!" Zaine tried to stand up again, but his injured foot wouldn't allow it. He tried screaming out again, but nobody came at the moment.

This isn't good. I don't think Littlefoot can evade this storm. What now? Zaine then did something he never expected to do.

"Korr!" he began yelling. "Korr!"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim and Littlefoot neared the area they heard the cry for help coming from.  

"I"m coming."  Littlefoot called out.  

"Is someone hurt?" Mim called out likewise.

Ducky and her siblings and mother were heading to a place where they could get some shelter from some of the worst parts of the wind and rain.

Petrie hugged his snuggling stick and watched the storm hoping his friends had found safe and comfortable places to get out of the storm.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
In the time since Meyla had confronted him...it had begun to rain and with it came a howling wind. And this time Korr could swear he heard someone calling to him... 'It sounds....it sounds like that green longneck from before...Zaine!'

"Just follow my lead Meyla...and maybe I'll let you be my mate..." said Korr with a sly smile.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I have a bad feeling. There is evil afoot. An enemy is not far away from us." Argaya said, suddenly alert.

"It is familiar, but I can't discover who it is." Vylor added.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine knew he couldn't just stay out there for long, or he would be in big trouble. I have to get out of here. Zaine still couldn't get up, so he used his two front legs to slowly oull himself from his location. He pulled himself along the soaked grass, scraping his knee a little in the process.

"Korr!" he continued to scream. "Where are you!?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Korr's ears picked up that sound again and he then said "All of you stay here and guard this entrance to the valley." He then turned to Meyla and said "You are coming with me, and when this is over you will be able to rejoin the herd, you have my promise!" Korr then began to run back into the valley looking for the sound or voice he could hear on the wind.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Meyla fought with the wind which was blowing fully in her face when Korr made his suggestion She didnt entirely quiet catch his words but heard something about an opertunity to rejoin the herd if she helped. She however did not catch the part about being a 'mate'

"Alright!" she called back, the wind nearly drowning out her voice "I'll help you if it means letting me be with my family again!"

There was a flash of lightning from the clouds above and a crack of thunder. The storm was so sudden and unexpected.

------
ooc: LBTfan, hope you dont mind.

Where Zaine stood he could see the far stretches of land and the massive rolling thunder clouds as they dominated the skies. His search for Kor had lead him into these dark lands. The wind whipped around him, intensifying as the clouds loomed near. Bits of it spun about like short grey/black tops made of clouds.

The thunder rumbled and the rain started to sprinkle, Zaine saw in the distance five looming figures, tall and mighty. Sharpteeth...

No ordinary beasts these Sharpteeth were, much larger, their bodies apeared rough and bony ith thick scaley hides. They loomed at least nearly a mile away, too far to had noticed young Zaine from where he stood.

They were... massive

Terrifying to even look at. And one bellowed out a mighty roar, eirie and as booming as the thunder from the storm.

They were moving east, Zaine was facing the south watching them in their trek

Soon the rain fell heavy and veiled the images from the tiny longneck

ooc: Congrads, Zaine, your the fist to witness the very sighting of Maganog's offspring =)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim and Littlefoot saw each other while they were looking for the source of the yelling.  

"Were you calling for help." Mim asked.

"No, I thought you were." Littlefoot said.

"I wonder who it was.  With this wind he could be close or far away." She said.

Ducky and Petrie were in their respective places.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I sense it again. Only closer. I think it is Korr, but I can't be certain." Vylor said.

"I sense something else. It is huge, and dark. It is wicked to a degree I have never felt before." Argaya said.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine was shocked at the army of sharpteeth he saw. "Oh no. They must be readying an attack on the Great Valley! I have to get back and warn the others." The wind picked up immensly, and one of the trees branches fell ontop of his tail, pinning him to the ground. Zaine screamed out in pain, and then noticed another tree branch falling towards him.

"KOR!!!!!!!!" He screamed out as the branch fell closer and closer.