The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

"Y'see, I've beeen having these sleep-stories..."

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I had a really bad dream when I was a kid that involved me being hunted down and tormented mercilessly by the Haunted Mask and that I desperately needed to be saved from it. It's way too horrifying to go into details, but I was saved... by an extremely powerful double team of Kermit and Master Crane from Kung Fu Panda. I had been saved and massively protected by the power of their love for me... that monster's only brutal weakness.

The theme of the dream was the pain and fear that I was feeling at that time due to a lack of control over my Aspergers Syndrome as well as other turmoils and struggles I faced... That horrible freak of nature symbolized all of it...

Kermit and Master Crane immediately coming to my aid and rescue symbolized that even in the midst of all those dark and troubling times, I had NOT given up hope, and that there was absolutely no way I was going to give up... I was going to keep moving/pushing forward. That's precisely what I did... thanks to the two of them and everyone else who backed me up, I ended up defeating and conquering all of those demons. Now they're nothing but a distant, forgotten memory of my past.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I really wish I had dreams like that. Mine are usually a jumbled mess, probably representing the flurry that is my thoughts.

I had a dream a few weeks ago that frightened me. First, a while back-not sure how far back-I had a dream where there was some kind of party. I'm fairly certain it was a Halloween party. I don't really remember the party part. It was when the party started dying down that things got ugly. There was this guy who was being a real jerk to me. There was an argument and a scuffle that ended with me hitting him in the head with a picture. Unfortunately, it was glass and it ended up cracking his skull. Well, he died. My sister and I ended up hiding the body. The next day, the police of course came by asking us if we knew where he was. We said no. The end of the dream ended when we were at school but I don't remember that part. So, the dream a few weeks ago turns out to be a follow-up dream. I had forgotten about the whole incident. I ended up having a dream about it and the memory resurfaced. I asked my sister if it was true and she showed me where we buried the body. Needless to say that I started freaking out. It was at this revelation that I woke up, and for the next hour or so, I laid on the couch, wondering if it was all true. The dream was so real, the memory that played so believable. I fell asleep again and I ended up telling the police in my dream about it. I woke up around the time they were interrogating me. Even then, for a good portion of the day, I wondered if it was true. That day goes down as one of the scariest days of my life. The intensity at which I believed it scared me to the point where I really almost called the police. Of course, as the day went on, my fear ebbed away. I've never been to any kind of party, and after that I will never go to one.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ Dang, what are you guys doing to merit such bizarre dreams? Creepy and dark and dramatic and intense :o

Well, I remember one dream I had several years ago that ended up scaring me out of my wits that I woke up, shooting off my pillow in a blind panic.
Two children had the ability to see these ghosts that had formed a sort of dark cult thingy in order to returned to flesh and blood creatures. One of their members had strayed and was preying on humans or something really really bad like that. Basically, the black sheep of the flock. Anyway, towards the end of the dream, the misfit ghost had been recaptured by the main group and then all of a sudden, they started dancing this really, really creepy sort of dance, chanting in really low voices, and the misfit started screaming. I woke up then. all i really remember is that it really reminded me of how Zigzag the wizard died in Thief and the Cobbler...
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: StrutEggStealer,Aug 2 2013 on  05:07 PM
^ Dang, what are you guys doing to merit such bizarre dreams? Creepy and dark and dramatic and intense :o
Sleeping. :p
If I were to analyze both dreams, I would have to say they are a contrast to how I was and how I am. Like I said, I was planning to actually call the police. Let's just say I was in a dark place around the time of the first dream.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Not sure I hate having those dark dreams. They're terrible to have.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I had a rather strange yet very vivid dream this morning... I heard a voice as clear as a whistle, calling out to me, sending me some kind of message. I don't know what it was about, but I immediately recognized the voice. It was... Crane.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I was having this really great dream where I had gone on a school field trip (I don't know why but I have a lot of dreams of being back in school) and we had gone to this ... simulation thing where it simulated some kind of alien attack aboard spacecraft, very Dead Space-esque. It was fun and exhilarating, though I don't know why the school would take us on a field trip there :huh:. Plus it was a very realistic simulation. I swear a few people actually died. I remember one part where me and several others were trying to outsmart this huge alien that kind of resembled a dog in shape. It definitely didn't look like one, and it was about 4 times the size of a great dane. We were in this room trying to find out what had happened, and it burst through from the next room. We started shooting it with our space weapons, but it was a strong bugger. It ended splitting us up, chasing me through a bunch of hallways. It almost got me, but I found a room it couldn't get into. I think it was a room in which to drink tea. A friend distracted it for me, and I escaped. We ended up leading it back to the room where we first encountered it and shot it down there. That was around the end of the simulation.
When it was over, my friends and I were eating in the cafeteria, and they had a nice assortment of treats: chips, drinks, candies, ice cream, pies, and CHEESECAKES. When we were done with our lunch, I offered to buy cheesecake for them, and when I went to pick one out, they had all turned into pies!  I really wanted a cheesecake. So, I kept looking for one. Every time I would see one, I would go to pick it up and it would turn into a stupid pie! Then, it was time for us to go. :anger I never got my cheesecake. :cry
It was a very silly dream. :lol

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Well, this dream was cheerful. :p

The flyer trio were living in my place alla Toy Story. They were toys of some type, accurately portraying the personalities of the characters. Sierra was in his machismo attitude as usual. He was going to try to pull something, plot to mess with another toy then leave my room for good. Pterano was for this, but only partly, because he adored the extra attention I gave him. So while I wasn't looking, Sierra was trying to fly away, though him not being great at landing, does crash and shatters to many pieces.

I am putting him in the trash bag because there was no way to repair him. Rinkus looks on in shell shock, feeling numb by what happened to his friend. Pterano tries to comfort Rinkus but more ion a "there, there, chin up" way.

Just want to say it's been awhile since I dreamt about any of these characters.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I had an interesting dream just last night.

It started with a news story telling of a staircase leading to another land inside a Toys-R-Us. This land in fact happened to be the Mysterious Beyond. The city takes the time to tear down the Toys-R-Us, quarantining the area. And for reasons I can't explain I walked through the police barricade with my official credentials being a MOD for the GOF. Surprisingly they let me through and upon walking down the stairs I literally changed into Longtail. Once the change was complete I had to climb down a cliff wall and halfway down Littlefoots Grandmother was there. She asked me why I was so far out in the Mysterious Beyond, and the response I gave with my own voice was "I have to see this through!" She then carried me down the rest of the way and once we reached the bottom of the cliff face I came face to face with Littlefoot, Zaine, Dante, and the two Rainbow Faces from the seventh movie. And with that all of us just walked off into the sunset.

It was fun and I hope to enjoy another dream like this comes along soon.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Just pasting what I posted elsewhere:

I had a dream of a character I initially disliked (Topsy Threehorn) make snide remarks about me, I went in his face and basically went, “Hold up, I didn't hear you completely. Go ahead and say it to my face, eye contact and all.” And we were in a public place where EVERYONE could see a 127 lb something woman standing up against a dinosaur 20 times her size. He tried to dismiss me, not having the stomach to make eye contact and yet I kept pursuing him. It felt great that I could intimidate him like that and really corner him. I woke up too early though, so I didn't get the satisfaction of seeing his response.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I keep having dreams where I take my bike and leave my house to go somewhere, but then can't find my way back and it starts getting dark. I have no idea why I dream that so often, in the summer I bike ride to the park a lot but I have no problem getting back even if it starts getting dark.

I will say though I find dreams in general very disturbing no matter what kind they are. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it is such a lonely, depressing, isolated feeling when I have them and then remember them later. Whenever there is people in my dream, even my own family, they rarely even acknowledge me when I call out to them, even when they do speak i can never remember what they said, and whenever im running or in danger, everybody just stares at me lifelessly. I really dont like the feeling at all and its always a relief when I wake up from them to know that the real world still exists and I'm not alone.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
To me it sounds like your dreams might express your actual feelings about your place in the real world.

As for me, for quite some time I have been having dreams where I am at my old elementary school or high school and doing very poorly compared to the other students, so much so that my teachers are either mad with me or openly mock me.

This is the exact opposite of what actually happened. I was one of the top performing students both in elemetary school and high school, and I had some really good friends and was generally liked and respected.

I reckon it might have something to do with my quitting university and current unemployment.

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
I had a dream where I was Duncan's fiancÈe, but I left him! :lol

I've also been known to have recurring dreams of me being on a cruise ship only to have it sink beneath the waves...

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I had a dream involving meeting Michael York and his wife at some kind of resort. I was excited beyond all reason, but for some reason he just seemed grumpy unhappy. Didn't even look like either of them and his voice was different. But I kinda figured it had something to do with his cancer, subconciously.

While dealing with the weirdness of that situation, I went off to watch a live show which was even weirder than the encounter. It was ocean themed, I'm sure, and I recognized two characters that were dolphins.

It was odd and unsettling. Didn't even feel like a dream at first