The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2425 · 147096

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I like Dragons
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I like mongooses and penguins.  I collected penguins during my Happy Feet craze.  I must have about 40.

I have a few mongooses too.  Those are harder to find.

(I collect the stuffed animal kind for both.  Actual mongooses are kinda illegal to bring in and I haven't brought down the EPA and such yet so I still can't bring in actual ones.)

ThunderClaw

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://thunderclawshocktrix.deviantart.com
Quote from: The Lone Dragon,Feb 2 2015 on  08:48 PM
I like Dragons
Well you and I are dragons so that's not all that surprising  :DD

(yeah... no sadly Im not dragon irl  :cry but on line I can be one  :smile )

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I get nightmares if I follow the news too much.  For example, I have terrifying dreams about fighting IS if I read too much about their latest antics.  I haven't even seen the beheading videos because I refuse to.  I'd never sleep again, or at least for a very long time.  I try to limit exposure to the news and only choose which headlines seem okay to read about.

BTW, I refuse to call IS "ISIS" because the Egyptian goddess Isis was like the Greek goddess Athena in many ways.  A goddess associated with love and justice should not share a name with the spawn of Satan.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm Chomper obsessed and spend hours on end trying to find a way for him to live permanently in the Great Valley.  I think my "Time of Choosing" two part series finale theater films should do it.  (If LBT ever has a theater movie again, Chomper MUST be in it.)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
As some of you may know I'm British. I've been a dinosaur fan since the age of 3, and a Dr who fan since 6. Also some interesting self trivia I thought I'd share which fellow dino nuts may like.. I live in Lancaster the same town in England where Sir Richard Owen, the man who came up with the word dinosaur, and brought us the natural history museum was born.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I like many different types of humor, but my speciality seems to go into the dry/dark/quirky side of the spectrum Just things that are thoughtful, terrible, weird, yet brilliant.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
By that type of humor, that's dark yet funny, do you mean like Shaggy cutting the cheese when he's in the suit of armor and alerting the monster to his presence and also causing a flame on a torch to shoot out around the gas?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I think farting is classified as potty humor, not dark humor.

Back on topic, I am an amateur animator (not very skilled in the department so don't expect anything too complex from me) and did do some simple animations before. I had managed to do a music video animation, but it's unfortunately lost forever. I did do two random animations for the first time in a long time.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Is this dark humor:

Atto and Nigel had finished talking to the Longnecks. They returned and came across Littlefoot and his friends. They stared at Chomper, for they had never seen a Sharptooth before. "I've never seen a creature like that before." said Atto. "My neither." said Nigel. "What kind of Leaf Eater is that?" said Atto.

"It's not a Leaf Eater." said Littlefoot. "What is it then?" said Nigel. "Something you don't believe exists." said Littlefoot. "A way to get Mr. Threehorn to behave?" said Atto. Littlefoot laughed hard. Cera frowned at Atto and Littlefoot. "No, Atto, a Sharptooth." said Littlefoot.

"Hello there." said Chomper. They could see his long pointed teeth when he spoke. Their eyes also moved to his clawed hands and feet and the razor sharp edges attached to the back of his feet. They turned and stared at his red eyes. Their mouths fell open.

"Look, Littlefoot, I know we've been a pain to you at times, but please, tell your friend here not to eat us. We'll be really good!" pleaded Nigel. "Chomper here doesn't eat Leaf Eaters like us." said Ali. "Chomper? It has a name?" said Atto in shock.

"Yes, Littlefoot named me that." said Chomper. "I don't taste good! Eat Atto here! He's more your type!" said Nigel in a panic. "No, eat Nigel. He's more filling!" said Atto, his eyes open in terror. "I'm not eating either of you." said Chomper.

"But Sharpteeth are supposed to rip us apart and pick their teeth with our bones." said Atto. "Ew! Imagine picking my teeth with something as yucky as your bones." said Chomper. Littlefoot's friends laughed. Atto and Nigel looked terrified.

Chomper obviously isn't going to harm them, but they are terrified and his comment ˆf "Ew!  Imagine picking my teeth with something as yucky as your bones." is what I was wondering if that was dark humor.  The rest was just provided for context.  

It was also a joke based on something Hyp said in film 3 to the effect of "By the time you guys move that rock, those Sharpteeth will be picking their teeth with our bones."  It was to suggest that no Sharptooth would actually do that and that Hyp had been a bit odd.  (Humor at Hyp's expense too.)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here is an example of dark humor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlozEKPYBPo

To best summarize, dark humor usually takes things that are scary or disturbing, such as death and violence, and presents it in a humorous way.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Mar 17 2015 on  07:57 PM
I like many different types of humor, but my speciality seems to go into the dry/dark/quirky side of the spectrum Just things that are thoughtful, terrible, weird, yet brilliant.
I've always been fascinated with that side of the humor spectrum. Whereas my humor tends to lean more towards the wry/witty/generally spunky side. It's like "Too much happiness, I'm surprised my brain hasn't exploded yet" :3

Well, I never really discovered this until recently, but I really, really love Planaria flatworms! :lol:
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like all kinds of humor.  I'm just naturally slapstick due to my accident proneness.  I'm also very good with deadpan humor, where the stunned reaction you get out of the other person is the most hilarious part😉.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So, are you more likely to like, say, Ducky's aunt being a Bigmouth in more than just species name and the kids talking to her and she first talks about what they are interested in "When she first met a Sharp Beak" and things like that, but later she starts to go on and on about how her father raised them, how she gathered stuff to build her first nest, and things like that, to where the kids are really bored and Littlefoot is worried that he's gonna be so bored that he's gonna die of boredom and be prematurely reunited with his mother, and then the kids talk to her and distract her while other kids sneak away, until Ducky is just left and Ducky talks to her and sneakily walks away, and Ducky's aunt just keeps talking, even though nobody is there?

Or, would you like it when Littlefoot and Rhett were, trying to see who is cooler or whatnot, would have a farting contest, but would overdo it and cause an avalanche (they were in mountainous areas and also in their teens) and Ali would groan at both of them and say "Men!" and shake her head?

Or would you prefer that Spike would fart in a cave and some Sharpteeth nearby would wonder if they did it?  

Or are you thinking of where some kids would talk to an older, and nice of course, Chomper, and say "Don't Sharpteeth rip us apart and pick their teeth with our bones" and Chomper would reply "Ew!  Imagine picking my teeth with something as yucky as your bones!" and the kids would be alarmed, while Littlefoot and his friends, who knew Chomper was just joking around, were laughing at them?

Or are you looking for a situation where Littlefoot and Ali would be married, their kids would ask how the two met and fell in love, Littlefoot would reply that he married her as she was his third cousin and that he would have married his second or first cousins, but that they got eaten by Sharpteeth, and Ali would tell him to cut it out before she fed him to the Sharpteeth and Littlefoot would say "Geez Ali, can't you take a joke?"?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Two things.

1. Why are you asking this? You seem to be a little obsessed with asking about sense of humor, and I don't know why. Is this for your stories?

and

2. This is getting a bit off topic. This thread is for stating facts about yourself, not interviewing people on what they would find funny. Please make a separate topic about this and state why you are curious to know this stuff.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I tend to be one of two extremes: really disorganized and "just don't care" or "HOLY SHOOT I GOTTA GET THIS STUFF DONE RIGHT NOW!"
Actually, I can say that for a lot of things about my personality... weird... O_o
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: StrutEggStealer,May 22 2015 on  06:41 PM
I tend to be one of two extremes: really disorganized and "just don't care" or "HOLY SHOOT I GOTTA GET THIS STUFF DONE RIGHT NOW!"
Actually, I can say that for a lot of things about my personality... weird... O_o
Okay, that is weird, cause I'm pretty much the same way.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I lately have been doing quite a bit of music composing and arranging, mostly acapella style stuff.

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I play hockey (ground not ice). I have ever since I was 11. I play as goalkeeper and recently I've earned the respect of my new club that I'm playing for. I love the sport and I am really good at goalkeeping. I have received the coaches award on multiple occasions and have been in the final a few times (and on the bottom of the ladder as well)

This was the first sport where I learned to lose gracefully without going into a rage. I had a very bad temper especially when it came to losing but now that is a thing of the past.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?