The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

NARR8

Rustam · 14 · 1604

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
Once upon a time artist with nickname Miles-DF came to serious investors and suggested to them "let me draw my comic book with my team, and you'll put it on sale on the iPad." Serious investors scratched their smart heads and decided "well, well, a couple people will buy - just enough for us to buy a beer after work." As a result, Miles received the go-ahead for the creation of the best furry comics in the world (note - I'm not sneering now).
At first, the creators, among whom was not only Miles, but also such professional artists as Vagabond and Orphen Sirius, drew a couple of free chapters to captivate the reader. All subsequent issues were paid.
The plot of the comic strip revolves around an anthropomorphic teenage cat named Rick, who, as it later turns out, is the main character only conditionally. Here it would be necessary to write about the organization of the EXA, that abducted furries and experimented with them in underground bunkers, but this is all boring, and the first chapters try to entice the reader completely different - the fan service in the form of the overnaked parts of the characters bodies. However, the comic does not go beyond what can be called pin-up. But without it, there are enough good moments, related to the relationships of characters.

Of the female characters, I was most attracted by Jess (the kitty on the left) and Vicky (the dog on the right). Tina the lynx (in the center) did not like me externally.

In general, these villains from the EXA locked up furries and tortured them in torture chambers. Oh, I mean they put experiments. After all furries, at first glance seemed harmless, had superpowers (for example, Rick had telekinesis). Over time, from the monotonous feeding and the inability to have "relationships" with fellow inmates of the opposite gender, the residents of the furry jail go postal, and they prepared a plan for escape (they stole the keys and began to open all the cells in a row). And, although the guards had the strong furry weapons with sung darts that were supposed to pierce the butts of unruly foxes, prisoners with superpowers were stronger and found freedom. Hooray? No, it was only the beginning, but the real adventure is yet to come.

So, in our team, pretty cat Rick (cute), autistic mouse Sebastian (noncute), depraved kitty Jess (cute), pumped jaguar Shado (noncute), courageous lynx Tina (noncute), squirrel twins Hottie and Coldie (cute), Bert th fox (noncute), and also joined them later reporter Vicky (cute). Where to go this company with superpowers, and even a wanted powerful military organization? Of course, the best option would be to sneak deeper and lie to the bottom, but on the trail of our heroes rush specially grown in test-tubes furry villains - also with superpowers.

However, our heroes are not weak, and are ready to fight for their lives in every way. Even Vicky, who does not have any superpowers, can squeeze an armored special officer with a bag of papers. And tough Tina at the most unexpected moment will show femininity, taking care of confused and frightened little squirrels.

And now a moment of seriousness without jokes. Comics painted very professionally and I dare to assume that it style will please of many readers. The plot is also performed at a very decent level. I still remember how I wondered what would happen in the next chapter and ... was wrong. The plot unpredictability has become one of the advantages that influenced my becoming the fan number one of this wonderful comic.

As far as I know, this comic story can now be bought through iPad. Just type NARR8 in the search bar and run it. Comic was issued in several languages, among which EXACTLY there is English. For those who want to download it in Russian language for reference, there are these links.
Chapters 1-10
Chapters 11-22
Chapters 23-32
Forever in the past.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
cool comic rustam. seems like a very interesting read.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Not a furry at all I don't hate furries but I don't mind some of there mature stuff from Time to time. So these look like decent comics to read.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Looks pretty decent. I can certainly tell the artists behind this are skilled. Not really into furry stuff though :p
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Some of there adult stuff is good actually. The drawings themselves are done quite well and are nice to look at.

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
Last time I wrote about the Comics Subject №9, but it was not the only comic from NARR8. In parallel with Subject 9, Miles and his team were busy creating another furry comic called Prodigal Angel. This comic is considered to be "basic", because fans like it much more than "subordinate" Subject 9. Although I do not share the opinions of the fans, I also sympathize with the "Angel", despite the fact that unlike the "Subject", it has fewer good characters.
The story begins with a description of the gloomy existence of a cat named Max, who has been in a coma for several years now. Quite by accident (in fact, not, but we'll find out about this later) Max discovers in himself the unexpected gift of moving his consciousness into the bodies of other furries. Realizing what opportunities are opening before him, Max first moves into the body of his nurse - Martha the fox - in order to feel her breasts. Having played with it, our hero goes on, and now - he is already in the body of the child-fox named Phil.

Unfortunately, the new ability has a number of side effects, one of which is the need to return back to the body of a comatose after a while, so Max has to moderate his ardor.
In parallel with Max's story, we are told the story of Max's ex-girlfriend named Lucy. In her life Max seems to have disappeared and remained a memory. Although she misses an old childhood friend, she now has a new life in which there is no place for the ghosts of the past - after all, the wedding with her new boyfriend, Ray the fox. However, in Lucy's life, despite the beautiful facade, everything is not so smooth.

Carefully thinking everything over, Max decides to use his unique ability to fight crime. And he does it! Max's co-writer becomes his faithful nurse - Marta the fox, to which our hero begins to wake up tender feelings. But the script writers of NARR8 do not slumber and the newly-born couple starts to get involved in various minor incidents of Mexican TV series: the doctor starts to guess that something is being hidden from him, then Martha's colleague decides to harassment to the pretty vixen. Clearing up everything, of course, Max.

Throughout the plot, the fans built theories about who Max really would like: Martha or Lucy. On the one hand, the faithful nurse, who becomes Max's best friend, on the other - a childhood friend, which can not be simply ignored. I was not a fanatical supporter of any one pair, so I chuckled to watch the arguments of the "Angel" fans from the both sides.

As usual, you can read this comic in English from your iPad. But if you are only interested in pictures, you can download this comic book in Russian for free through these links.
Chapters 1-12
Chapters 13-25
Chapters 26-33
Forever in the past.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
awesome I'll look through those today they look like good reads

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
Last time we stopped on the fact that Miles-DF was at the head of the team drawing wonderful comics Subject №9 and the Prodigal Angel. But this is not the end of the story. Miles had a girlfriend named Yulliandress - also a professional artist. Miles did not put her to draw a cruel "Subject" with scenes of violence, and gave a small separate project - a children's comic about the adventures of forest animals. It was called Pandas & Boom (Pandaboom).

The plot is unpretentious: one morning on the threshold of a squirrel named Boom appears a wooden box with an unknown load. Checking if there is a suspicious tick-tac from the inside, the Boom opens the parcel and discovers in it two frightened pandas that by chance miraculously managed to avoid the fate of becoming a living commodity in the greedy claws of smugglers by exotic animals. Kind and compassionate Boom leaves the lost animals at her home, rightly judging that two fluffy bears with the intelligence of six-year-old children will not survive in a harsh forest. So that start their unusual adventure.
A little bit about pandas. Sophie is a pink panda with a leaping hormonal level. She angry at the slightest occasion and fails, then rushes into tears, realizing his helplessness. I love this character trait of hers. Or even not, I ADORE it in big letters. :yes

The second participant of the bearish duo is the blue panda named Hector. Calm and obedient boy, who does not create any madness, like his sister Sophie. Completely positive character, whose role is to become an example for young readers.
And finally - Boom the squirrel itself. Metropolitan, inhabitant of the Mysterious Forest in the third generation. She knows everything and knows how to use it. Has a property as a wooden house with all amenities. She wears a smart black cylinder, which looks very stylish on her.
Later, Bum, Sophie, and Hector are taken under the care of an adult raccoon Laurie (not sure if I translate her name correctly). I love this character very much, because Laurie is like Toriel in the Undertale - she never scolds children and does not yell at them. And if the children still stain freshly washed clothes or drop her favorite vase, Laurie only says "oh" and closes her eyes in silent regret.

Pandas and Boom are not the only inhabitants of the Mysterious Forest. In addition to them, eagles, wild boars, beavers, etc. living in the forest. Pandaboom was drawn to imports to American readers, so the fauna in the comic is predominantly American. With all these beasts our heroes interact, and with some even manage to make friends. With slender foxes in the picture below our heroes did't pal up - Sophie suddenly realized that she adhered to the ideas of a bodypositive and that she did not need a sport.

Comics does not consist only of runaways in the forest, but carries an additional educational and cognitive function. In the course of their adventures, children will learn what gravity is, who are aborigines and even what plants can be watered with tap water, so that they grow faster.

Well, I'll show you my favorite shot. The restless trio searches for information in the library, along with their established roles: Sophie - nagger, Hector - obedient boy, and Boom - cutie pie.

Alas, the comic suddenly broke off in the middle. After the closure of Subject №9 and the Prodigal Angel, Miles decided that it was time to close the shop - as a result, the 22nd chapter of the comic was the last. But as always I stand guard over the safety of my favorite comic and upload for you all the issues of Pandabum in one archive (on Russian language).

Chapter 1-22

If you want to relax and admire to cute animals - be sure to download and read. Despite its seeming "childishness," the comic is worthy to pay attention to it, especially if you are not indifferent to the furry.
Forever in the past.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I read a couple chapters/episodes of "Prodigal Angel". They're pretty good and well made. It's not a furry preference or anything though when I say that. I mean that it's just a good comic, and not that it's better as furry.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Nice artwork I admit though I don't really read comics these days, furry or otherwise.  Someone has taken the time to design it well so credit where it is due. :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I do agree with you a lot. The comics are very well put together and have an interesting plot...I don't know if I'll read all of Prodigal Angel though.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I skimmed through it and the drawings are nice to look at

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You said that multiple times ADFan...

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
At least I'm trying to Lion through it all been busy