The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saddest movie you have ever seen

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What is the saddest movie you have ever seen?  Mine would have to be Titanic.  THere are several reasons for this but I will not go into detail because I'm sure most of have seen Titanic and can guess what they are.  So, whats the saddest movie you have ever seen?

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
Godzilla vs Destroyah would be mine. see the movie then you'll know why.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's a really hard question! Hehe. Not quite sure, hmmm.

Titanic was indeed a VERY sad movie, though I don't know if there were other ones that affected me more. I'll have to do a bit of thinkin :P:

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I never felt sad from watching a movie.  Although in "28 Days Later" when one of the solders was about to rape Salina, Jim came in and smashed in the soldier's eyes.  That way he cried made me almost feel sorry for him.  Knowing how painful it must have been.  :(   But that was only one time.  And besides, he was about to molest Salina, so he did deserve to die.  But I didn't expect him to die THAT way.  XD

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
While I cannot name "the one and only saddest ever movie", I find that "The Green Mile" is very sad indeed and really gives you something to think about. Movies dealing with the death of one or few individuals in particular are usually much sadder than the movies including many deaths, but fade out the consequences.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
One of the saddest actually comes out of the animated realm....if you can find it, I think you'll see that Martin Rosen's "The Plague Dogs" is one of the saddest animated films you'll ever watch.  It's grimy, not sugar-coated, and truthful.

Live action...hmm...probably all the sad films are the ones I had to stop watching just because I couldn't do it (mostly war films).  It's been a while, but perhaps Schindler's List was one of the saddest, even if its slightly not accurate.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I don't have a singular movie that stands as the saddest I've ever. Here's the list:

1. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of King (I don't cry at a moves often and this one made me do so several times.)
2. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (First movie to move me to tears in a long, long time.)
3. Finding Neverland
4. Signs
5. The Land Before Time
6. The Green Mile
7. Saving Private Ryan
8. Glory
9. Princess Mononoke
10. The Watcher in the Woods

("Titanic"? That was sad?)
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Before I start I gotta say I cry at a lot of movies so let's start with the list...........

1. Fox and the Hound.

2. Where the Red Fern Grows

3. Saving Private Ryan

4. Land Before Time

I've cried at so many I can't remember any of the others.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Few movies ever actually made me cry. Personally I fully understand why The Lord of the Rings: The Return of King could do that. I'm very much into the lord of the rings, both the book and the movie.

Tinysaurus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Possibly Star Wars: Episode 3. Padme's funeral scene, especially. :cry2

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Doh! How could I forget Lord of the Rings: Return of the King? :slap Yea that movie always gets me choked up at the end of it. Hehe

One of the saddest ones I've seen is also one of my favorite ones :D, Cast Away. Just recently I decided to watch that in my room and I cried my eyes out! I dunno, just towards the end is really sad. :cry

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wilson!!!!!!!!!  Yeah, that part was kinda sad.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
It sure was. Never thought I'd weep over a soccerball.   -_-
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The first film that ever moved me to tears:
Not Titanic.
Not the Green Mile.
Not Signs.
Not Cast-Away.

This may surprise you, but the first movie that moved me to tears was:
Spider-Man. The First one.  Just Something about that movie, and the story between Parker and Mary-Jane, especially in the last half when it really developed.  I think it was because of how close-to-home this movie hit at the time.  Tobeysan may know roughly what I'm talking about, here.  You've seen Spider-Man, right Tobeysan?  This movie Literally had me crying (not hard, not so anyone around me noticed) and was the First time a movie had done this to me. Truly amazing; both spider-man movies still do this to me, but unfortunately, I no longer have the DVDs of them in my home. They went with my mom, along with the rest of her movie collection.

I wish I had taken a picture of that movie collection.  That was a Big movie collection! :lol

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I love both Spiderman movies!  I am a big fan of the comics and video games too.  :P:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm personally not so much into the movies. The comics, video games, and the 90s cartoon series, on the other hand, will always remain hardcore favorites of mine.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It takes a lot for me to cry at at a film, but I cried at: LOtr trilogy
Titanic
 Passion of the Crist
 All Dogs go to heaven(upon learning of the death oif Judith Barsi)
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Do'h! How could I forget about "The Passion of the Christ". Oh, regardless of my being a Christian, I've only seen it once, inthe theaters, but stil...  :cry

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Everyone keeps telling me how sad of a movie "Passion of the Christ" is. I must go see it!

LOTR was very sad :( I always get really teary eyed at the end :cry2 Oh wait, I think I already mentioned this :rolleyes:

I'm personally not so much into the movies. The comics, video games, and the 90s cartoon series, on the other hand, will always remain hardcore favorites of mine.
Kinda funny, I'm exactly the opposite. Well I actually haven't read the comic books, saw the cartoon series, or played the games. But I don't really like seeing the "cartoon" series of a movie (Even though the cartoon came out first, if I see the movie first I wouldn't want to see the cartoon :lol:)

Also that's interesting Action9000 with Spiderman, but that was indeed a sad movie :( I actually cried on Stuart Little :lol (Hey, I was young! :lol:)

I saw this movie once in my living room where this teenager was like really tempermental and stuff, and he ended up getting kicked out of his house. I have no idea what the name of the movie was but it broke me down to tears.  :cry

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Everyone keeps telling me how sad of a movie "Passion of the Christ" is. I must go see it!

I'll tell you this now, LF, I've seen it and it can greatly tramitize your mind if you're not careful.

These are the sadest ones I've seen:

The Passion of the Christ is a very sad movie, graphically realistic, and incredibly accurate with the Bible. (In fact, I recall the writer saying that he studied the first four books of the New Testament, which tell the story of Jesus, very carefully to make the film as accurate as possible.) If you go see it, I pray you can handle it.  For I, a morman, could barely handle such a thing. *shudders* Even though it's been a couple of years, I still get horrible nightmares from it. (One's so scary, I can't fall asleep for hours.)

Titanic is quite the tragic romance story.  For a 3 hours and 18 minutes production, it indeed deserves all 11 of the academy awards it won. :o It was very sad how Jack died near the end.  Oh, and you may not believe this, but Rose did die at the end, of basically old age.  What we see at the end is her soul's point of view of going up to heaven and reuniting with Jack after over 80 years.  In the end, it is so sad, yet so beautiful when you really think about it.

Finally, Cast Away.  I still end up feeling very sorry for the poor FedEx guy.  He crashes into the sea and ends up on an abandoned island, where he tries everyday just to survive.  Semi-vicious waves make it incredibly difficult for him to leave the island.  After spending 4 years on the island, he escapes and returns to civilization.  Yet, he had now lost everything.  The love of his life had remarried and had a kid.  How sad it is to lose everything you care about like that.

Those are the saddest movies I've seen, yet not a single one has made me cry on the outside, but my heart has cried for them deeply. :cry2 :cry