The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Nano's Art Thread

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
Well, it's been a good while since I've put anything here; why not make up for the year and a half of absence with something dramatically different from the other two pieces I've put here?

Because the image is a bit big, I've put it behind a little spoiler:

Spoiler: ShowHide

The Sharptooth, in a style I wouldn't be too bothered by if it were utilized by a hypothetical remake; he came out shinier and a little flatter than I'd prefer, but I'm still like how he came out. After six or seven years of working with Blender, this is probably the most impressive thing I've created, for better or worse.

The other side of his face is very distinct from the side of his face that gets most of the spotlight here, but it's on the grotesque side and I've opted to not show it in full.

Is that model created from scratch or is that just a stock T. rex model with some modifications added to it.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I love the Stegouros design! The shapes and colors you used are definitely in-line with typical LBT style, not to mention the little guy just looks cute! :)

Also, I can’t believe that 3D T. rex hasn’t gotten much attention yet, it’s quite impressive! I can see a bit of the damaged eye on the other side of his face—I imagine it took some significant work to make the head asymmetrical! Nice choice adding some feathers to his back, too…it would definitely be interesting to see LBT updated for paleontological accuracy.

EDIT: I also have to mention that I’m impressed by how you credited your sources. Very professionally done!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 07:53:41 PM by RainbowFaceProtege »

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
Well, it's been a good while since I've put anything here; why not make up for the year and a half of absence with something dramatically different from the other two pieces I've put here?

Because the image is a bit big, I've put it behind a little spoiler:

Spoiler: ShowHide

The Sharptooth, in a style I wouldn't be too bothered by if it were utilized by a hypothetical remake; he came out shinier and a little flatter than I'd prefer, but I'm still like how he came out. After six or seven years of working with Blender, this is probably the most impressive thing I've created, for better or worse.

The other side of his face is very distinct from the side of his face that gets most of the spotlight here, but it's on the grotesque side and I've opted to not show it in full.

Is that model created from scratch or is that just a stock T. rex model with some modifications added to it.

Pretty much everything on display was made from scratch, though I used Scott Hartman's Stan skeletal
Scott Hartman's Stan skeletal as a reference when doing the model (I forgot to credit him, whoops - better late than never I suppose).

I love the Stegouros design! The shapes and colors you used are definitely in-line with typical LBT style, not to mention the little guy just looks cute! :)

Also, I can’t believe that 3D T. rex hasn’t gotten much attention yet, it’s quite impressive! I can see a bit of the damaged eye on the other side of his face—I imagine it took some significant work to make the head asymmetrical! Nice choice adding some feathers to his back, too…it would definitely be interesting to see LBT updated for paleontological accuracy.

EDIT: I also have to mention that I’m impressed by how you credited your sources. Very professionally done!

The facial damage goes a lot further than just the eye; the idea is that, while Littlefoot is responsible for his eye specifically, he's been in a lot of fights with other rexes and, as a result, his face was gnarly even before being partially blinded. If you look at the teeth and gums on his "bad side" that are visible in the shot, you should see what I mean.

Also, don't worry about his tail, it hasn't bothered him in a long time  :ChomperImAwesome

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
I'm not particularly sure what exactly prompted this, but after capping off Level 3 of a specific Blender tutorial, I felt the urge to throw this together in a couple of minutes.

Overly shiny Sharptooth enjoying coffee and a donut.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Oh my Subgod... XD

Sharptooth here looks pretty harmless.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------