The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I am SOOO Pissed right now!!!

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
When I was 7, I had the first 3 Land Before Time videos recorded on one VHS tape. That tape has remained at my parent's home since then. Since my reintrest in Land Before Time, I wrote them a letter asking that they send the tape to my dorm, which they did yesterday. Tonite, I finally finish all my studies and essays, and ten minutes ago sat down to watch one of them.

I soon find out that, with the excption of the first five minutes of Land Before Time #1, the whole thing has been taped over by a freakin 4-hour nature documentary from 1997. My parents obviously thought it was a blank tape, and wiped out three movies that I'd watched over and over the first seven years of my life.

I am really, really, really pissed right now. I'm probably not supposed to post something like this here, but I honestly don't care right now.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Didn't you label the tape? That's what we do at my house.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
It was labeled. It said "Land Before Time I II and III" right on the side.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My only guess is that your parents probably thought you weren't interested in the tape anymore and thought you wouldn't mind having it taped over. But I understand your frustration. It's one thing if it wasn't labelled. But if it had a label right on it, I don't see any reason for them to have missed it.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'm just not in a very good mood right now. I'd worked hard to get my studies done, and I wanted just for a moment to "relive my childhood" if you know what I mean. Not to mention the fact that I can't really waste money right now buying non college-related things like movies. I'll get over it. Thanks for understadning DarkHououmon. At least there was somebody to vent to.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Feb 11 2008 on  03:26 AM
Thanks for understadning DarkHououmon. At least there was somebody to vent to.
You're welcome.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
LettuceBacon&Tomato, i'm understand your feelings. Once i have lost a record on VHS tape by the same accident, that was really important to me as a memento. :(

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Looks like the film was removed from youtube...I was going to suggest going there to watch it.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I know how you feel.

I lost an old Warner Brothers tape due to a 5-6 foot drop and I was unable to find that tape again. It was even worse when my mom hinted that it might be discontinued to to "racist content". I was so mad. Fortunately, I was able to fix it and it plays.

I also lost an LBT III tape very recently.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The old Looney Toons, were not Pc, they showed men crossdressing and insensitive commoentys like "maroon" which is a deragatrory term for a black person.  But that is what made them great. The wisecracks, that cliches, the inapropriateness.  the ioccasional songs, the slapstick comedy... as you can tell I grew up watching those ols\d cartoons andf they have a special place in my heart..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Thanks for understanding everybody. I'll get over it, there are worse things in life. Like Kor said, sometimes you just need to vent your frustration somewhere and it goes away. Thanks for tolerating my relentless tirade.

pteranofan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Yes, that would be very frustrating. I've been in situations like that before.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Yeah that would be annoying...but to tell you the truth Lettuce Bacon Tomato, I've had that happen so many times here at my own home that I've learned to do one thing....asked for my won VCR player, and then after I was done recording a show I'd horde all the tapes in my room so this couldn't happen again!

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I know how you feel, it happened a few times here but lucky none of the first LBT collections of pre recored LBT has not been over taped to destoryed

LBT 1 is on the oldest tape I know of in this house. It was recorded somewhere in 1989-1990 when Dad did aload of records of children programs that are sit 1 billion times better then most of the rubbish they put on now. And we still got them lucky. Somewhere in the collection of... erm... over 40 VHS tapes I think... not very sure.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
That's a bugger when that happens  :( Still, guess this would be the opportune time to get LBT on DVD seeing as that's the way to go nowadays.  :^.^: My first LBT tape happens to also be a recording. In fact, I've still got it and it still works! Still, I prefer to watch them on DVD now...the quality's a lot better both visually and audibly.

Tobe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
You owned the film, right?

This is what torrents are for.  You have at least 2 people that can witness that you had the film and it was destroyed.  TORRENT those beasts!  

*censored for promoting P2P*

~Tobe

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Feb 11 2008 on  09:21 PM
Still, guess this would be the opportune time to get LBT on DVD seeing as that's the way to go nowadays. :^.^:
Every cloud has a silver lining, I guess.  <_< Again, thanks guys for your support. I'm serching Amazon and it seems like they've got some Land Before Times on sale cheap. Though I'm still debating whether I should spend my money on something like that, seeing as how college is expensive enough already.

The other thing I'm a bit bummed about was that I was planning on continuing that discussion with Malte, on whether Littlefoot is a good leader, once I'd actually watched the first movie. Now that it's gone I've got nothing to say on that thread. Malte's probably wondering why I haven't responded yet.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
YOu can pm him and tell him why, unless he's seen this thread.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's why I've bought the DVDs. I really didn't get this problem recently. And yes, overwriting anl LBT recorded movie on a VHS must suck. -_-