The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Great Plague RP Discussion thread

Ducky123 · 192 · 19164

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The RP will start on Friday!!!
I think it is clear now who takes whom...
Kor will play as Cera and I will take Tria unless someone else wants her :)

If there are any more questions, suggestions or disagreements let us now :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
uhm... let's say afternoon for me and the European people... so evening for you MurMur and morning for the US people

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Very well.
But what to do if several people decide to post at the same exact moment? This may cause "conflicting storylines", and this is something to be avoided.  :)

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Friday morning for those in the US? In that case, I might miss a little of it at the begining. I have a test that morning. I should have my computer with me, so I can jump in as soon as my test is finished, though.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very well.
But what to do if several people decide to post at the same exact moment? This may cause "conflicting storylines", and this is something to be avoided. smile.gif
Good point, MurMur. I recomment everyone to look into the 'online users' list. If someone is posting you'd see it there. You also can look whether other members are reading the thread though that's not a very good criteria..
If it happens, you might edit your post..

Well, if all of you try to be on when it starts then we might have this problem  :lol
I really don't want the RP to be too fast since some members don't have so much time like others(me for example)
something around 10 posts per day would be enough I guess :yes
I hope I can hold my promise to start it in time :)

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I think that 10 posts per day is too much. Some people won't be here all day to post 10 times, while others will be. This may cause "game usurpation" by quick-posters.  :)  I recommend 1-2 posts per day. This is a slow game, after all.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
you might be right, MurMur... but 1-2 would be too slow if you ask me... I just don't want to do this too fast... if a certain character is needed we'll wait until the person posts.

For example:

Narrator(Ducky123): While the adult argued, the kids played Swimmer and Splasher. Petrie's the Splasher.
Petrie(The Anonymous Person): I get you, hehe.
Littlefoot(Nahla): Don't be too sure 'bout that, Petrie.
Ducky(Ducky123):

So if I'd be away for two days or so you'd wait until I post. Though in some cases other characters can say the same things...
However, in this case Ducky would be the best choice to reply...
Ducky: You will not catch me, no, no! I am a goooood swimmer, I am, I am.
and so on...

It depends on how the RP goes... in the case above we only need short dialogues, but in other cases some longer posts would be better, especially if actions or long explanations in dialogues are needed...

I hope you got what I mean..

anyway, the amount of Roleplayers alone will slow down this enough... if it's too fast lt me know and I'll slow this down somehow... :)

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I understand. Still, people shouldn't go overboard with posting. We don't want to scare away slow-posters, because otherwise they will quit, and the game will collapse.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Can someone be my backup for Littlefoot?

I'm having major computer problems right now so might not make it sometimes.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Can someone be my backup for Littlefoot?

I'm having major computer problems right now so might not make it sometimes.

If I myself don't miss to much because of my test, I wouldn't mind filling in for Littlefoot if you can't make it Friday. Sorry to hear about your computer problems.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think that's a good idea, Loyfe :)

It's sad that you have trouble these days, Nahla  :( Somerandonfangirl and Me miss you on Skype ..

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
I'm very excited about this! I'll hopefully be able to get on this RP ASAP. See you there.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, we can be careful to not post to fast.  With the number in this rp it may happen if we're not careful.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright! The RP has started(name's 'The Great Plague, a new adventure')

I'm really happy that we are so many roleplayers  :wow 10 to be exact.

If there are any things to discuss like plot suggestions or questions about the RP itself ask here, not in the actual RP, also if you need someone to fill in due to lack of time ask here. If the pace is too fast let me know so that we can slow down the pace(again: I think 10 posts per day should be enough)

Another possible question might be whether it's your characters' turn or not. If you're not sure about that you can ask here as well.

If there's more we have to take care of let me know :)

Said enuff! Let's have fun :smile

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Sorry for not joining the game right now. I need to wait for some time, so I can watch how the story unfolds.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
no problem... Ruby could be in the mud pool while the gang plays Sharptooth Attack :)

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
If you notice any errors in my posts, please let me know. :)