The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I wish there were more dinosaur movies.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I mean, big budget blockbuster ones. After the original "Jurassic Park", I remember hoping for more to come, but it never did. And then I got my hopes up again after "Jurassic World," thinking that since special effects have evolved so much, more dinosaur movies to cash in on its success would be a shoe-in at this point. Alas, it seems the JP/JW and Land Before Time series still remains the primary source of fictionalized dinosaur entertainment.

Any time Marvel Studios wanted to get a "Savage Land" movie off the ground, that'd be great. I'd even take a "Turok" movie at this point.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I know what you mean. My friend and I once decided to try and watch more dinosaur related movies, only to find out that they don't really exist.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I know what you mean. My friend and I once decided to try and watch more dinosaur related movies, only to find out that they don't really exist.
It's especially baffling considering how they always jump on every other opportunity to cash-grab that comes their way. "Oh, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter" are big? Quickly let's buy the rights to some fantasy novel and do it!"

"Oh, Batman and Marvel are doing well? And they have that shared continuity thing? Quickly, we MUST make our own cinematic universe!"

"Oh, Jurassic World just shattered every box office record known to man? Eh, whatever."

Like, seriously, making a blockbuster dinosaur CANNOT be more difficult than to make any of the other costly ventures they've ever pursued.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf