The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Fanarts

LBTFan · 79 · 11762

LBTFan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hello.

Sorry It was a long time who I don¥t post here anything. Don¥t ask me why ok?

Here a update for this thread.

http://lbtfan.deviantart.com/art/Jump-in-the-water-161119758
http://lbtfan.deviantart.com/art/TLBT-Ducky-153208226

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Very awesome pictures.

You're really friggin' good.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
HOORAY! You're back! :DD I was worried that you had stopped doing LBT artwork.

Great to see some new pictures. (You really love drawing Ducky, don't you? :p)

It looks to me like you’ve been working on making more detailed backgrounds. That’s fantastic. :smile Certain features of the background of the “Jump in the Water” image show great improvement from your earlier pictures, in my opinion. The trees may not yet be perfect in appearance, but they look much better than the ones in your Ducky & Spike
Ducky & Spike picture, and do not appear to all be simply the same tree copied over and over again. The clouds in the sky are also much more natural-looking than many of those you drew for previous illustrations. I notice that you even put reflections of the trees in the water.

One detail of the background that does look a little strange is the mountains. While I really like how they look in comparison with the sky, the tops of them look somewhat wispy and fuzzy, causing them to almost merge with the sky. They are also so light in color that they almost appear to be covered in snow. In the LBT films, the mountains surrounding the Great Valley tend to be more of a brown tone (Of course, I’m only assuming that this scene is taking place in the Great Valley).

Ducky’s expression and pose are good, and as usual the shading is excellent, but in my opinion the shiny reflections on her body (meant to indicate that she is wet?) do not look very good. Don’t get me wrong; the reflections themselves are very well done; they just don’t look so good on Ducky. Also, Ducky’s colors are much deeper and richer than usual; I think they look better when they are lighter and a little more subdued, as in your other pictures of her. Finally, Ducky’s legs look quite a bit shorter than usual, and her feet are maybe a bit undersized.

You don’t just love drawing Ducky; you love drawing Ducky sleeping! :lol She looks adorable. :wub I love how you have her mouth open just a little bit, and how you’ve drawn her curled up against the base of that tree. I can see there’s some slight reflectiveness along her spine and on her head: that, as far as I am concerned, is the right way to draw reflections on your LBT characters. :yes Again, amazing job with the background of this image. The grass, and the textures of the rock and tree are outstanding. Personally, I think the water in the picture of  Ducky taking a shower looked better than the water here, but that’s the only thing I would change about the background here.

As for Ducky herself, one thing I would change is her foot: while she clearly has the underside of it facing the observer, part of the side should be visible as well. Maybe not nearly as much as in the other picture you drew of Ducky sleeping, but enough to show that her feet aren’t yellow all the way around. It should also be clear that the bottom of her foot is flat (You pulled this off excellently in the last sleeping Ducky picture). Also, at the point where Ducky’s tail is “bent” forward, there are two black lines that I think she would look better without. The first goes all the way across the dark green area along her spine, while the other is right behind her leg, and meets with the dark green area.

Please keep up the great work! :)

P.S. Obviously, it’s been a while since I’ve last reviewed one of your pictures (and I’ve had a lot more experience leaving feedback on artwork since then), and I realize I may sound as if I am obsessed with pointing out flaws. I just wanted to make this clear so as to prevent any misunderstanding: I give so much constructive criticism because I LOVE the artwork, and want to help the artist as much as possible by letting them know how they can make it even better. :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nice pictures. :yes  This is among some of the best LBT fanart I've seen, including your earlier works.

I'm glad to finally see something new. Pangaea is right, a lot of your works feature Ducky. Is she your favorite character?

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Wow! Those are awesome pics! Ducky looks so cute in your pictures. :wub
I can't wait to see more from you! :DD

Vek

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Kaelvek
Nice arts, but thoses pictures are familiar for me... i saw them elsewhere... hmmm... ah yes !

Chomper

Ducky

Cera

Spike and Ducky

Littlefoot

Ha, i knew it ! Coincidence ?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Far as I know, LBTFan likely used those screenshots as references.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Huh. Didn't notice that before. He must have used those shots as references. However, if you compare the pictures to the screenshots, you'll notice that they aren't exactly alike, lo LBTFan may have been looking at the screenshots while he was making the artwork, but he didn't trace them or anything, and some of the details are in fact his own. This is particularly noticeable with the picture of Spike and Ducky. In LBTFan's version, the tip of Spike's tail is pointed upwards rather than downwards, his right front foot is planted on the ground, and Ducky's head is turned more to the left. I still say it's good artwork. :yes

EDIT: Whoops; Kacie beat me to posting the comment about references. :p

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Whether referenced or traced... who knows? But I definitely know some pictures from him that are not traced or referenced...  :unsure:

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
^

I sure know what you're talking about there... :blink:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: 2007excalibur2007,Jun 29 2010 on  09:11 PM
^

I sure know what you're talking about there... :blink:
Let's just not go into that.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
^I don't really know what you guys are talking about, but great artwork LBTFan!  Using references isn't anything to be ashamed of.  I know a lot of people that do this.  I really like Sky's artwork because it's very unique and so obviously drawn by him due to his unique style, but your work is so close to that of the original artists.....you sure you don't work for Universal? :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
I know what everyone is talking about, I didn't find it on the site everyone is talking about, but I did find it through google when looking for screenshots. I was saying, "What is this?!" When I first saw it, my internet was closed soon as I saw it. Why would anyone make pictures like the ones everyone finds when they are trying to find screenshots or posters? I'm sick of finding this crap, I like the art style, but I HATE the pictures (not the ones above).

Vek

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Kaelvek
I was about to say to you to turn on the search filter, but i tested it and i can still see them -_-

I dont like those pictures too, but i really like your... normal artwork, LBTFan. If i posted screenshots that looked like your drawings its not because i mean you have no talent, i was just surprised to find your drawings in the movies and i wanted to share my little discovery. I look the artwork section of the board everyday since december 2009 in the hope to see more pictures from you in particular, and specialy to see some more with Cera, 1 is not enough !

I hope you did not stop draw or having IRL problem that prevent you to do it. And i hope you still come on this forum and you did not forget us...

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
How come i cant see any of your pictures?
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

zupahome

• Ruby
    • View Profile
You can't see anything of his pictures because he has deleted his account on deviantart. He is still online on furaffinity but with a empty gallery.

I'm really dissapointed I wanted to see as you say the normal artwork of lbtfan but as I search on is account name on google I found pictures of him.... but with the''different'' style most of the users didn't like.

Still does anyone has a pack of his ''normal'' artwork, I got really enthousiastic to see what is was like :smile .