The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Malte's Random LBT fanart

Malte279 · 247 · 38358

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Bruton, I don't mean to be rude, or to speak for another member, but I'm sure that Malte would appreciate it if you didn't keep nagging him about this subject in his fanart thread. This is a thread for commenting on (and politely nitpicking :p) his artwork, not fussing over details of offhanded remarks on unrelated subjects.

No offense, Bruton, but you seem to be a little overly obsessed with discussing the number of times the LBT characters cry throughout the series; I've seen you bring it up several times on the forum in different threads, and speak as if you expect everyone else to know how many times the gang has been shown crying, and in which movies. I doubt that most LBT fansóeven those who have seen all of the movies multiple timesócan recount such information as accurately as you can, because not many of them care enough about it to memorize such information. For instance, the most likely reason that Malte is less certain about the number of times the characters cried in LBT XI than in X (and made a mistake about the number of times they cried in X) is that he just can't recall all of the scenes of one or both of those movies in perfect clarity; it's as simple as that.

Frankly, it gets rather annoying when you fuss over subjects like this in threads where it's not related to the topic at all (like this one). If you know all about this particular bit of trivia, that's fine. Just don't expect everyone else to have the same knowledge, or attempt to drill it into their heads if they don't.

I apologize in advance if this post was in any way out of line.

Getting back to the topic…
Quote from: Malte279,Jul 20 2011 on  12:40 PM
I used to have fullsized versions of both pictures, but unfortunately those (as well as a number of other drawings) were lost in the recent crash of my computer :bang
No way to recover them :cry
Oh dear: I forgot to respond to this months ago. I'm so sorry about your computer and your lost art, Malte. :( That's a real shame. Just a suggestion: maybe in the future it would be a good idea to upload pictures in their original size in addition to the scaled-down versions that you actually display. That way you could not only link to the full scale, but you could retrieve the original pictures if your computer crashed again (though hopefully that will never happen).

On a more hopeful note, are there any other art pieces (of any style) you've worked on in the past several months? It would be awesome to see more art from you, :) though like me, I know you've been distracted by a lot of other things lately.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Alright. I wouldn't have even brought it up here if Malte hadn't been actually listing crying scenes for once, which people hardly do

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Because most of us don't give a rat's fart about crying scenes.  And you said before yourself that you cry a lot.  Why do you attack a character like Ducky for her sensitivity, then?  She cries because she cares, and you don't hear her going around bashing others for doing the same thing.  Double-standard much?

Seriously, if you wish to drag out these absurd obsessions nobody else here shares in common, try keeping them to your topics and not ones they created for discussions other than your obsessions.

Anyway, sorry if I got us further off-topic.  This is for Malte's fanart and his feedback ;).

Bruton the Iguanodon

First of all, Ducky was weepy in the early films, but in 3 and 4 she didn't cry at all---even when hearing that Grandpa Longneck was dying she was brave and didn't cry, and this made her somehow more likeable.

But then in 5 she went back to being weepy and cried TWICE, both for reasons less sad.

In 6 she was bland as ever and din't shed a tear, whereas in 7 she was really sweet and likeable and was likewise dry eyed. In 8 she cried briefly fairly early on but was otherwise OK, in 9 she was great, in 10 she didn't cry at all, and in 11...I'm not sure what they were thinking, other then it had been a while since she last cried and they thought maybe it was time they gave her another crying scene?  :huh:  Anyways she didn't cry in the last 2 movies and only in 1 tv episode as far as I know.

Spike on the other hand was dry as ever in the first 6 filnms...and then was shown being weepy at a rather comparably inconvienient moment in 7. He got away with not crying for 3 more films but in 11 erupted like a volcano, probably from holding back for so many films.

Petrie...seemed to cry in 1, but it was uncertain, so for a while it was unclear whether he was even capable of crying either. He got away dry eyed until about the 7th film where he truly did cry repeatedly. Like Spike, he managed to go without it till 11, where he too let the taps flow freely. He hasn't cried since though, I think.

Cera rarely cries. She had that memorable moment where she breaks down by the waterfall in 1, and the understandable crying during the talk with her dad in 3. In 6, she even breaks down in front of her friends while they're looking for Dinah and Dana, but otherwise gets away tear free til 11...but it's not during the bawling bash, it's just tears of frustration at having to adjust to her Dad's girlfriend.

And then there's Littlefoot. Clearly he cries repeatedly after his mom dies, and also at least once more in the first film. 2 had him crying twice, and four had him crying repeatedly too (very understandable there as well) and at least once in 6. Since then, though, he's only cried once.

Wow, that's pretty much all the times the gang cries

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
After looking through your thread I can see a marked improvement over the years!  Good job!   :)

I do have some suggestions about the Ruby and Chomper picture, if you don't mind me saying:  
I think that if you drew Chomper smaller and had him sitting more on Ruby's chest than her stomach the picture wouldn't be interpreted as being "questionable".  I didn't see it that way on my first glance, but I can understand why it is viewed that way.  

Also, on your most recent picture, the only thing I would say to improve upon it would be to redraw the outlines to be thicker, but since you said that the full-sized versions were lost I guess you can't work on it anymore.   :cry

I hope I don't come off as too caustic  :unsure:  but I do like to critique art (in a constructive way).

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I hope I don't come off as too caustic :unsure:  but I do like to critique art (in a constructive way).
Not at all :)
I'm glad about any constructive criticism :yes
It is not through praise alone that people can improve their work. Alas the full sized version of that image is really gone for good. It has been quite a while since I last did any LBT art beyond some hasty scribbling. I haven't gotten around to do any in quite a while.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile