The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Music Dynamic Script to Test

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was working on my update for my LBT WD Site when I discovered something.  Before I explain, I must reveal something.

For the new updated version, I am setting it up and so that it is no longer connected to LBTlover's Server.  As such, I am researching sites that will allow me to embed my files.  I have found quite a few and one just happens to be a site called DivShare.

In all truth, it's not all that great, but it's still quite acceptable for what I need in the end.  It only gives you 5 GB of Storage and 10 GB of Bandwidth, but that's plenty for sharing all of the songs that Land Before Time has to offer in both video and MP3.

You can at least organize the files and so that they can go into folders and be easier to find.

Now, with this in mind, I have found something else that I never noticed with their set up for MP3 items until recently.

If you create a folder in DivShare that has nothing but MP3 items, the server sets up the embed code for the folder as a Dynamic Music Player that has all of the MP3 files that said folder contains in a nice scroll list.

As such, I have set up an HTML page with a Dynamic Music Player of all of songs from The Land Before Time Movies as a means of testing it.  If you end up liking it more than my old set-up, I'll more than happily put it into my new updated site.

So, without further ado, here's the test page.

Dynamic Music Player Test

Test it out and tell me how you like it.  Seriously, I'd love to know. :)

Jychara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
It's working!From first to last.I already saw something like this before,it was about 2 years ago,but i don't remember where ;)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I tried all sorts of services like this and they all pretty much sucked.  That's why I made my own player in Adobe Flash and have the songs in a non-playlist format on TheLandBeforeTime.org.  To be perfectly honest, playlists like this really get on my nerves.  I would seriously consider using individual players if possible.  There are many free ones out there, though my search yielded very little in the way of decent free ones.  And of course, your website isn't coded from scratch so you don't have as much control over it as I do TheLandBeforeTime.org.  But individual players are less intrusive and give more content to your page.  I would recommend at least considering it.

As for using the little player I made, I don't think it's possible for you because of the limitations of your website.  It as a LOT of Javascript which has to go in the header.  I don't think you can do that with your webhost.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Feb 25 2010 on  12:02 AM
I tried all sorts of services like this and they all pretty much sucked.  That's why I made my own player in Adobe Flash and have the songs in a non-playlist format on TheLandBeforeTime.org.  To be perfectly honest, playlists like this really get on my nerves.  I would seriously consider using individual players if possible.  There are many free ones out there, though my search yielded very little in the way of decent free ones.  And of course, your website isn't coded from scratch so you don't have as much control over it as I do TheLandBeforeTime.org.  But individual players are less intrusive and give more content to your page.  I would recommend at least considering it.
It's not that difficult for me to continue to go with individual music players.  There's plenty of places that offer individual players that I know of completely free, so it's no big deal in the end.  This was just something I found rather interesting that I wanted others to test and see how much they like it.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile