The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Discuss days of rising waters

Noname · 10 · 3003

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Nothing special. The only issue was the number of Petrie's siblings. They can never seem to keep a straight number, with three in this episode, eight in the 12th movie, and five at the end of the first movie. Anyway, the first and fifth episodes are referenced in this one ("the secret caverns" and "threehorns can do anything.") We also see that Petrie has some sort of insecurity issues, and has a Linus-like "sunggling stick" that we haven't seen or heard of before (and probably won't hear of again, which in my opinion, is a very good thing, as it's stupid.) We also see Tricia learn how to swim, just for filler.

By the end, the new nest has a 5-star view of the valley and a secure stone roof.  As I said, this wasn't anything nearly as good as the episode "The Hidden Canyon", but not bad either.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I feel it was okay myself.  I kinda like how Petrie overreacts sometimes.  It can get quite comical when he does that. :lol:

I greatly question where the "snuggly stick" came from.  First off, Petrie mentions that he's had it since they came to the Great Valley.  However, whenever we saw him sleeping in the movies, there was NO "snuggly stick".  There are exceptions I guess, in the cases where the gang was away from the Great Valley and didn't bring such things with them.  In some of those cases, they just fell asleep from getting worn out.  Though in the case of others, it seemed that Petrie felt safe enough to not have such things with him.

But then there are those of where we see Petrie sleeping in the Great Valley.  Particularly the last two, as they show NO "snuggly stick".  Then again, 12 may've been an exception with Guido around.  So that just leaves 11, which I see NO "snuggly stick" whatsoever.  Then again, in such a large nest, it could've gotten away from him.  Plus, the gang was often sleeping, due to them staying up all night playing with the little longnecks.

So, now that we've covered all of the exceptions, I guess it was okay to bring it up.  Still, I do not approve of it, as we never saw Petrie needing it before.

Seeing Ducky trying to teach Tricia to swim was mildly interesting.  Offered a few laughs at least.

In all, good episode, but one I probably won't be watching after I'm done giving the songs to action9000.

But, I've got to go now.  So, I'll see ya all later. :^.^:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I liked it I give it 6/10 stars. This whole"Snuggling Stick "thing felt weird to me though. I think they could have worked around it like Petrie used the snuggling stick only when he was scared or had trouble sleeping. Like during a thunderstorm or something.

Ryuukokoro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Was this one ever available for us to download here on GoF? I've been absent for a while and now I'm trying to catch up, seems I have a lot of episodes missing. lol

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Nope, and I can't find the torrent for it either. Isn't CN repeating the episodes? Can't anyone tape this one and post it here?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
I was thinking about this, and it could still work, if a few liberties are taken. Petrie claims to have had his snuggly stick since they came to the valley, and needs it to sleep. Yet we didn't see it in the first film. The explanation? His mother took it when they were separated. I imagine their nest was near the divide and collapsed. Petrie, being flightless, would have fallen while his family flew away, and been presumed dead. That explains why they didn't find him immediately afterwards. However, he would have landed on a ridge, possibly knocked unconcious. His grieving mother would have found his stick and presumed the worst. Thus, she takes the stick with her to the valley, and returns it to Petrie at the end of the movie.

As for the later films, I doubt Petrie ever planned to go anywhere that he wouldn't be able to return home from in a day. Hence, he would have never carried the stick with him, which is why it was never seen in the films.

(Alternatively he's a big liar and is just exaggerating)

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I haven't watched the episode in a while, so I'm likely forgetting some details, but I always interpreted Petrie's statement "Me have snuggling stick since we come to Great Valley!" to mean that he found the stick AFTER he came to the valley, and has kept it ever since. I was also under the impression that he only "needs" the snuggling stick when he is having a hard time falling asleep, or is feeling particularly nervous or afraidówhich, in his case, is almost constantly :p :lol. However, Petrie is with his friends most of the time when he is not at home, who are probably far more comforting to Petrie than any stick. :p Therefore, Petrie has no need for his snuggling stick when he is with them, and so leaves it at home so he doesn't lose it. (I'd imagine carrying it around all the time would probably also be an issue for him.)

I can't say I particularly liked the plot device of the "snuggling stick" myself (it seemed like another one of those freak* quirks of Petrie's that unexpectedly surfaces for the duration of a single LBT installment, and then inexplicably vanishes, never to be referenced again), but unless he explicitly said that he never slept without it (I can't remember, though; did he? :unsure:), I don't believe it presents any continuity issues.

*I mean "freak" here in the context of a surprise (e.g., a freak storm); I don't mean to indicate that Petrie himself is a freak. :p

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It was kind of funny how Petrie's siblings think of chomper, and how they are more scared of him then of the lightning.

That being said though this episode was surprisingly without substance - all they do is move Petries nest. There is no villiany or big purpose to it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Overall I did like the episode, though I didn't like the bit about Petrie's snuggling stick.  Why was it not in any of the movies?  There has been at least a scene or 2 where they do show Petrie sleeping in the nest with his mother and siblings and I don't recall seeing any snuggling stick there.

I did like the part about how his 3 shown siblings are scared of Chomper, even though their mother and Petrie show no fear of him at all.  I wonder if that means Petrie is one of the bravest of his siblings.

I also liked the bit with Tricia.  & how she was a better swimmer then Cera at the end.  Though it does make sense, Cera would never allow a swimmer to teach her to swim since she'd insist, like her dad, threehorns swim better then any swimmer, or swimming is stupid.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I haven't seen it but know what happens.

I love rain sequences in LBT. Just love em. From the one in the land of mists to the one near threehorn peak to the ones in 9 to this one. (Although this was of course a ripoff of 9)

But...what's with them suddenly giving Petrie a "snuggling stick"? How come in all the prior movies and episodes we never once saw it? How come he says he's had it since they came to the valley when clearly he hasn't??