The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time XV

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER TWENTY: SHOWDOWN

"Littlefoot!" cried Littlefoot's friends. They all rushed at the Sharp Beaks to try and save Littlefoot. Ptero flew at the Sharp Beaks, pushing them back.

"I haven't had Longneck in a while." said agatha, licking her lips. She opened her beak, her teeth bared, ready to strike. She moved at Littlefoot. She suddenly halted in midair. "What in the world?" said Agatha angrily. She turned and saw that Petrie had grabbed onto her. "Aha, you. Ptero's little Flyer friend." she said. She swung her wings and sent Petrie flying through the air. He landed against a rock. Petrie moaned, winded. "You should have known better than to cross a Sharp Beak boy!" laughed Agatha.

"Not Petrie!" yelled Ptero. He grabbed a rock and hurled it at Agatha. It missed her, but conked another Sharp Beak in the head, knocking him out of the air. Agatha turned to glare angrily at Ptero.

The pack was taking aim at Ducky. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Ducky screamed in a high pitched voice. She ran. A Sharp Beak flew past, his talons outstretched. She jumped aside as two more came at her. The two missed and collided. However, more were coming. She was terrified.

Suddenly, rocks went sailing through the air. "Get away from them!" The kids all turned and saw Grandpa Longneck coming. He had struck a rock at the Sharp Beaks with his tail. The other grownups came into sight.

Topps charged at the Sharp Beaks. "Get away from my daughter!" he bellowed. The Sharp Beaks scattered.

"Ptero! Petrie! Are you two all right?" asked Mama Flyer.

Spike whacked a Sharp Beak with his tail. She went sailing into the air, hitting another Sharp Beak and knocking him out of the air as well. The two landed on the ground.

Agatha snuck toward Ptero in the confusion. Ptero moved away just in time. "Get away from Ptero!" shouted Mama Flyer.

"Ah, dear, didn't Ptero tell you? I'm his mother." said Agatha. Mama Flyer gasped. "Yes, he's been lying to you no doubt. Let me have the boy." said Agatha, sneering.

"She killed my Father! She's been lying to me all these cold times! She tried to kill my friends!" shouted Ptero.

"Leave the boy alone!" said Mama Flyer, her anger rising. Ptero might be a Sharp Beak, but he didn't deserve to be sent back with his mother after she had killed his father and lied to him like that.

Papa and Mama Swimmer were aiming kicks at the Sharp Beaks. Pterano was pummeling his way through a crowd of them. Tria charged at many, causing them to scatter. Grandma and Grandpa Longneck were swinging their tails at the Sharp Beaks. Agatha saw that they had the advantage on the ground. So she decided to take the fight to the air, where only Mama Flyer and Pterano could follow her.

She grabbed Petrie. She took to the air. She shouted at Mama Flyer "Give me my son Ptero or else the boy dies!"

"Petrie!" shouted Mama Flyer in horror.

"The boy!" said Agatha, indicating Ptero with a claw. Mama Flyer didn't want to send Ptero back with his wicked mother, but she couldn't bear to lose her Petrie. She'd already lost her mate and wasn't going to lose her son too.

"I'm sorry Ptero." said Mama Flyer, a tear in her eye.

Ptero had a plan. As Mama Flyer moved to hang him over to Agatha, he broke loose. He went and bit Agatha in the leg. "OUCH!" she cried. She dropped Petrie. Ptero dove and caught Petrie.

"Ha!" laughed Mama Flyer. However, she had to move aside as Agatha flew at her, her sharp talons outstretched. Pterano came to join his sister. Agatha swung her talons at Mama Flyer again, and again Mama Flyer dodged her. Mama Flyer struck Agatha with her wings. Agatha was amazed that a Flattooth could be so strong. She struck Mama Flyer back. Mama Flyer stayed in the air, despite being sore from the blow. Pterano flew at Agatha and hit her. Agatha still stayed in the air. The others below watched the fight going on in the air.

"Hey, are you going to just stand there or are you going to help out?" Agatha shouted angrily at her pack. They came up to help. Mama Flyer and Pterano put up a courageous fight. However, they were eventually overwhelmed and pinned down. Agatha had Mama Flyer pinned down personally. She stared at Mama Flyer, evil glinting in her eyes. "Ah, you're the mother of Ptero's little Flyer friend. You Flatteeth have interfered in my affairs for the last time. I haven't eaten Flyer in a long while. This should be a real treat!" laughed Agatha, opening her beak.

"NO!" yelled Petrie. Sharp Beaks were on his tail. However, he moved toward his mother, hoping to save her.

Ptero moved at Agatha. She struck her with his talons. She let out howl of pain. She let go of Mama Flyer. Mama Flyer broke free, charged at the Sharp Beaks who were holding Pterano, and was able to free him too.

"Get him!" shouted Agatha, indicating her son. Her pack went to go seize Ptero. Ptero, however, grabbed a tree branch and swung it at them. They were all knocked out of the air. Luckily for the pack, they landed in some trees.

"YOU!" shouted Agatha angrily. She went at Ptero herself. The two moved to the top of the Great Wall. They were now over tar pits in the Mysterious Beyond. She lunged at Ptero and pinned him against the Great Wall. She gave Ptero a death glare.

"I'm not going back with you! Never! You killed my Father! I'm staying with my friends!" shouted Ptero.

"Very well then. If you won't let the pack stay in my family and keep defying me, then I have no more use for you! I should have known all along that there was too much of Sydo in you! I'm going to send you back to your father! You've been such a disappointment to me Ptero! Goodbye!" she shouted angrily at him. She raised her claws, ready to kill Ptero just as she'd killed Sydo.

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" shouted Mama Flyer. She swung a tree branch at Agatha. Agatha didn't have time to react. She was dazed by the blow and fell. She landed in the tar pits below and perished. Ptero , worn out, started to fall too, but Mama Flyer caught him. Ptero did feel a bit sorry for his mother, but she had killed his father and had tried to kill him too. Now he was an orphan. He wondered what would become of him now.

Agatha's pack, now leaderless, moved at the Flyers. Pterano, Petrie, and Mama Flyer were terrified. "Stop!" yelled Ptero. The pack halted. He was technically their new leader now. But would he go with them as the new Sharp Beak King or would he stay in the Great Valley?

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: PTERO IS ADOPTED

Ptero wasn't sure what to do. He stared at the Leaf Eaters. "I should have told you. I'm a Sharp Beak. Or part one anyway. My Dad was a Flattooth. I was afraid to tell because I thought that you'd not want me here anymore. If you don't, I can go be with the pack as their new leader." said Ptero.

"You are welcome here Ptero. We can see that you are a good kid and wouldn't hurt us." said Mama Flyer. Pterano nodded.

Ptero looked at the pack. "I'm rather fond of you guys, I'll admit it. However, my heart leads me to stay here." said Ptero.

"The choice is yours kid." said a Sharp Beak.

"I guess this is farewell." said Ptero to the pack.

"Good luck in your life kiddo." said another Sharp Beak.

"You'd have made a great leader of the pack." said another Sharp Beak.

"You are always welcome with us." said another Sharp Beak.

Ptero waved goodbye to the pack. He was fond of them. However, his destiny was to be in the Great Valley. The pack flew off.

"Where will I live now? I have no family left." said Ptero.

"You can stay here with us. In our family." said Mama Flyer. Ptero hugged her, Pterano, and Petrie.

"Your father would have been proud of your bravery today Ptero." said Pterano.

"Yes, I think this is what he would have wanted for me." said Ptero.

"Me glad that you part of me family now!" said Petrie.

"Me too Petrie. Me too." said Ptero, smiling.

"I'm glad that everyone is all right." said Papa Swimmer.

"Yes, we've had quite a lot of excitement today." said Grandpa Longneck.

"Yes, this reminds of the time that..." began Ducky's aunt, continuing her rambling. The others, minus Ptero, who didn't yet realize how annoying she was, groaned. It was lucky that it was getting close to bedtime as she was putting them to sleep.

"Goodbye." said Cera, leaving with her father and stepmother.

"See you tomorrow." said Ducky. She and Spike left with Mama and Papa Swimmer.

"See you tomorrow guys. I'm glad Ptero is staying. We're going to have so much fun together." said Littlefoot. He left with Grandma and Grandpa Longneck.

Ptero and Petrie returned to the nest. "Petrie, tomorrow I can teach you all the flying secrets that I've learned from the Sharp Beaks. You might be as good as me. Well, close." smiled Ptero.

Petre grinned. "Me'd like that." said Petrie.

"And if those Large Flyers decide to bother you again, they'll have me to deal with." said Ptero. Petrie smiled.

The two went to bed, exhausted. Ptero had found his actual family at last.

As for Ptero himself, the others would have many adventures with him. But those are other stories...

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, this one is done and ready for review.