The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Zero's Other Artwork

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Good afternoon, everyone! Glad to see you here. This place shall be the home of some of my drawings, paintings, sketches, that are not necessarily related to the Land Before Time franchise. Constructive criticism is always welcome! My drawings will be posted as replies to this topic.  :DD

Here's the fist one I'd like to share, titled 'Distant'.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 10:29:52 AM by zero-point »
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Awesome!
Well, since this one also includes unidentified dino, like in your other drawings... You could post them in your previous thread.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sneak on Mar 19 2018, 12:11:55 PM
Awesome!
Well, since this one also includes unidentified dino, like in your other drawings... You could post them in your previous thread.
First of all, thank you very much! :DD

Secondly, I've been thinking about creating a thread for my other artworks for a long time, so I finally decided to go for it!
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
What kind of pencils(?) do you use to make these beauties? (didn't I ask before already? :D)
6/14
0/26

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sneak on Mar 19 2018, 12:34:45 PM
What kind of pencils(?) do you use to make these beauties? (didn't I ask before already? :D)
I use mostly a mechanical pencil with 2B leads, 2B, 4B and 8B pencils for shading, usually.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(had some time during office hours, so figured I would stop by)

Very nice!  :) The roughened appearance of the dinosaur's feathers is complimented by the jagged trees and light foliage in the background, hinting at a landscape that is simultaneously sparse and bustling with hidden dangers. Though I find myself drawn to the dinosaur's focus on something unseen in the distance.  Is he the "threat" looking upon potential prey?  ...or is he the prey?  The best art does exactly what this drawing does, and leaves it to the observer's imagination.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the kind words! :DD

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
creepy...
why there's second eye hole? Oo
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Distant", as all of your works, looks really awesome! I truly love the atmosphere in your pictures as the lighting and the rugged landscape comboed with the very gloomy colors really works here once again. As for the raptor itself, his or her brief glance at the moon creates a mysterious feeling to the whole scene and I can't help but love the way you manage to make the feathers look so amazing. :) However, I think that making the eye a bit more detailed would have made the raptor's longing or predatory look more effective. It's good as it is but this is pretty much the only thing that caught my critical eye here! It's great to see more art from you after a while. :yes

As for the skull, it also looks pretty cool! The details in the right part of the picture make the bones look almost three-dimensional, which is quite impressive. Great job again! :D

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks, everyone! And thank you Sovereign for your review as well! :DD

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I very much like the way you draw your backgrounds, especially the night ones, due in large part how effective you are with your shading. Your detail with the scales and feathers are great as always.

The skull looks awesome as well. I don't know a lot about actual anatomy but there is a good amount of detail that was put in.

Great job with both of these. Looking forward to seeing more! :DD

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you very much! :DD

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quick little drawing from memory. :DD
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 10:29:58 AM by zero-point »

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Epic!  :wow I'm impressed you drew it out of your memory!

I like your style!

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very nice!  :wow Please forgive me, but as it is April Fool's Day, I couldn't help but imagine the dinosaur saying "Whasss Uppp!" with that expression.  :p That humorous mental image aside, I love how the details work together in this image to convey action in the dinosaur's expression.  One can tell that he has been suddenly roused by something - perhaps a threat or perhaps food.

Or perhaps he simply saw Chomper and was asking him "Whasss Uppp!"  :OhYou

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the kind words everyone! :DD

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As I told on discord already... you NULLED it lol :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks pretty cool as usual. :) The expression is well done and the overall look of the drawing is once again spot on. It may not be as impactful as some of your other works due to the lack of background but the picture itself is really nice. Good job! :DD