The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Random startup problems

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm sorry but I have to go to bed now (It's almost 2:30am here).  Just install all 4 drivers and check your device manager.  There should be nothing with a yellow exclamation/question mark on it anymore.  If not I'll be back on in another 7 hours or so.  Gotta get some shut-eye.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay eh... Well! On installing the chip set drivers, I think, my usb mouse and keyboard didnt quite work anymore, so I had to use the powerbutton to restart the computer. They're both USB mouse and keyboard

I'm on the internet with a wifi USB stick too, so I got disconnected for a while.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay sure, sleep well.. I'll see if it is of any help. thanks a bunch!

Okay, the question marks are gone. Thanks :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let me know if you still have any problems.  If you do we'll go from there. :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 5 2009 on  03:06 PM
Let me know if you still have any problems. If you do we'll go from there. :)
Well. So far starting up hasn't been a problem anymore. Now it's just my internet which is trying to get some connection. I'm not sure what. But internet is just working fine soo..

Edit:Ok no worries, I just clicked on fix problem and all is working fine! :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay so... Since this fix I've had thesame problem about 8 times again. I'm almost thinking it has to do something with the power button. I use an extension cord that you have to turn on before being able to use it... When I have it still turned on from the last run it will give me problems. Also, if I turn on that extension cord, and the power button from my pc after that (immidiatly) it won't work either, I would have to wait a couple of seconds... Sometimes it won't even work after that!

I doubt that it's a virus or software problem, think it's something from the inside.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm sorry but maybe they do things differently over there.  Turn on an extension cord?  Are you talking about a surge protector or power strip?

If it's a power problem I don't think I'll be able to do much.  I don't even know what type of PSU you have to use in the Netherlands.  It's definitely going to be different from here.

Did you recently add a new graphics card or any other hardware?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yea that thing. No idea what PSU is.

Nope, didnt.