The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Who knows you watch LBT? Do you watch it alone?

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
My sister used to HATE when I would watch any of The Land Before Time movies, and would tell all her friends that I liked them in order to allow them to make fun of me, and would even tell some of my would-be friends, so they would think I was weird, and that I wouldn’t have any friends at school. It was so cruel. My mom was a bully and would make fun of me as well and would say stuff like “You’re such a baby!” just because I still liked cartoons. My dad, while not a bully, was old school and was just like “You’re too old to be watching those movies!”

As I got older, I realized I can watch whatever the heck I want. I can watch more mature TV shows like True Blood, 13 Reasons Why, Breaking Bad, and Euphoria just to name a few, all of which I love to death. However, that doesn’t mean I can’t slip a few Land Before Time movies under the radar as well. While the sequels aren’t exactly masterpieces (yet I still love and enjoy many of them), the first one IS a masterpiece and is one of my favorite films of all time.

I have struggled with some very real things in my life (anxiety, depression, mental health problems, and other things I can’t say on here) and watching The Land Before Time movies honestly kind of levels me out.

Watching these movies, even if you have to watch them alone, is not hurting anybody. If it makes you happy, then you should be able to watch them as much as you want.

Nikki Lee

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I became a mommy for a lot of reasons, but one thing I was looking forward to more than anything was sharing with them my love of LBT.

But now they mostly spend time with their dad and my mom. Go figure!

My children are 7 and 5.

I still make sure to put on a different LBT movie whenever they are at my apartment.

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
When I was about 13 years old, I got into the fandom pretty hard. I would watch the movies and the episodes anywhere I could, including the family tv. During that time everyone knew I loved lbt.

Eventually, I started to get embarrassed when my sister (who is the same age as me) started to get into more mature content. This started when I was 15, and although, I was still in the fandom, but since I’m too anxious, I continue to do things in the community. Now days my family thinks I moved on, but my sister might be on to me since she saw me drawing dinosaurs lol.

This is something that’s always got me wondering, and I’m finally glad I got to put my thoughts in a post!
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
When I was about 13 years old, I got into the fandom pretty hard. I would watch the movies and the episodes anywhere I could, including the family tv. During that time everyone knew I loved lbt.

Eventually, I started to get embarrassed when my sister (who is the same age as me) started to get into more mature content. This started when I was 15, and although, I was still in the fandom, but since I’m too anxious, I continue to do things in the community. Now days my family thinks I moved on, but my sister might be on to me since she saw me drawing dinosaurs lol.

This is something that’s always got me wondering, and I’m finally glad I got to put my thoughts in a post!

I think if people are honest, they love things from childhood. I mean I am feeling called back to Power Rangers, I even see gals of my age have the Mighty Morphin beep on their cell phones. I think the segregation of childhood is over, people seem to embrace attachment to favorite cartoons, creatures, art and etc.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Everyone in my household knows I watch The Land Before Time. I have all of the movies on my computer, as well as a DVD copy of the 13th and 14th films. I usually watch it alone; but, if it's on disc, I watch it in a common area. If someone happens to be walking through, it doesn't bother me if they see me watch a cartoon.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Only my mom knows I watch LBT at the moment.

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
No one knows that I watch TLBT manly because
A: I haven't told anyone
B: It takes me back to my childhood and is a good series to watch when im sad
Still waiting for the bluth cut

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
these are all really interesting, I also forgot to mention that  I have the whole movie collection, but I haven't been able to watch anything because my computer is in the living room and my 17 year old self feels embarrassment if someone walks in. I stil do a lot of land before time related things, such as reading fanfiction, writing fanfiction, and drawing dinos.

Often, when I go on GOF, my brother will see me typing out posts and looking at threads. It's kinda funny becuase you know the browser symbol for GOF is a treestar? Well he jokingly thinks I do weed. It doesn't help my case when I tell him. "I'm on a thing called the gang of five."  And he'll say, "You're in a gang too?"  :DD

So I guess it's just my sister and my brother who know I'm still into this franchise. And honestly, I don't care if they judge me or not, It's my parents that I'm worried about.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
these are all really interesting, I also forgot to mention that  I have the whole movie collection, but I haven't been able to watch anything because my computer is in the living room and my 17 year old self feels embarrassment if someone walks in. I stil do a lot of land before time related things, such as reading fanfiction, writing fanfiction, and drawing dinos.

Often, when I go on GOF, my brother will see me typing out posts and looking at threads. It's kinda funny becuase you know the browser symbol for GOF is a treestar? Well he jokingly thinks I do weed. It doesn't help my case when I tell him. "I'm on a thing called the gang of five."  And he'll say, "You're in a gang too?"  :DD

So I guess it's just my sister and my brother who know I'm still into this franchise. And honestly, I don't care if they judge me or not, It's my parents that I'm worried about.

I am sorry your brother thinking GOF is a Cannabias forum made me ROFL. XD

Well Weed is called Ganja in the West Indies (learned this in Predator 2, 20th Century Fox film), so Ganja Obsession Forums (GOF) lol XD

Treestar looking like the Weed plant. XD

I am sorry.. made me laugh so hard.  :Mo

« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 11:28:13 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »