The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Introducing The New thelandbeforetime.org Website!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Hey y'all!  I've been working long and hard recently on the newly redesigned thelandbeforetime.org website and I'm glad to say it's finally nearing completion.  There's still a lot to do in the background and features for me to experiment with, but the general website is up.  Thelandbeforetime.org is a radically redesigned social networking platform that allows users to sign up and share LBT related material found around the internet.  

Members can share and upload photos, videos, and music.  They can share links publicly with the entire community or with their "friends."  The new website sports a Twitter-like micro blogging platform (with the same familiar 140 character limit).  And a new "pages" feature allows members to post longer posts made for fanart and fanficitons.  All submissions support member comments so you can get feedback on the material you post.  And each member profile has a mini shoutbox so you can send small messages to other members.  

All of this is wrapped up into one unique package.  And that's not all.  Thelandbeforetime.org can be expanded to include other pages and materials.  Meaning that all the materials included on the old thelandbeforetime.org website can be posted again.  

But the most important aspect of thelandbeforetime.org is that it's a COMMUNITY based website.  Any member can add and comment on material.  Why not head over and check it out?

Website  

Frequently Asked Questions

Anything posted to the website will be featured on the homepage for a limited amount of time.  The homepage sports the latest submissions and activity by all members.  If we can get this website active, it will become a bustling center of activity.

Let me know what you think!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fixed the double topics, don't worry about it. Everyone is experiencing double posting problems.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
This is so cool! Great work, lanbeforetimelover! If this forum had a rep feature, you'd deserve a bunch for this. It looks really spiffy! :celebrate

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll be joining and posting a few things there later today.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry for posting a second time, but what is the file size limit you have set?  I tried to upload a file but it was rejected due to file size limitations.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh you made the thelandbeforetime.org? Sweet anyway the website really easy to use. Keep up the good work. :DD

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 2 2012 on  12:29 PM
Sorry for posting a second time, but what is the file size limit you have set? I tried to upload a file but it was rejected due to file size limitations.

I got a really big image. So it work fine for me.

I just upload a image. The same image should come up underneath. Use your mouse to click and drag which part of the image you want to have and you should be done. :DD

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 2 2012 on  11:29 AM
Sorry for posting a second time, but what is the file size limit you have set?  I tried to upload a file but it was rejected due to file size limitations.
The current upload size limit is 32MB.  I just increased it to 200MB but I'm not quite sure if it will work.  See, the code is a little messy and there are several places where you can specify filesize limits (i.e. .htaccess, proprietary PHP files, etc.).  I recommend compressing the filesize to 32MB or under though.  Convert videos into .FLV format for good quality and the ability to stream.  One user uploaded a .avi file and you can download it, but streaming isn't possible sadly. :(

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I tried uploading an FLV file like you suggested, but it never got set up for streaming properly.  People can still download it, but they can't view it in the main site.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jul 2 2012 on  09:35 PM
I tried uploading an FLV file like you suggested, but it never got set up for streaming properly.  People can still download it, but they can't view it in the main site.
I just reuploaded it and it streams fine.  If you notice the logo representing your upload, it's a gear.  That means it's an unknown filetype.  When I reuploaded it, the logo turned into a movie and it can stream now.  Perhaps it was your file name.  If you had any strange characters in it like " ' , ?, % , & , etc." it may have messed it up.  Either that or the upload was incomplete.  Please make sure the title of the file you're uploading doesn't contain any special characters.  You can title it anything you want when uploading, but the initial filename shouldn't contain anything weird.  Here's a link to the file I reuploaded:

http://thelandbeforetime.org/file/view/161/test-video

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

buffypii

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/buffypii
Wow! This is really cool!
I just registered!

Can't wait to see how big the community gets :)

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quick question...

I just joined, and when I tried to upload an avatar picture, I got as far as selecting a pic. The text showed up next to "browse" but when I hit "upload," all that happened was that the text disappeared! Any way I can fix this?

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
This sounds very interesting... Kind of like a LBT Facebook! :lol

I'll have to sign up sometime! :D

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Fyn16,Aug 13 2012 on  05:20 PM
Quick question...

I just joined, and when I tried to upload an avatar picture, I got as far as selecting a pic. The text showed up next to "browse" but when I hit "upload," all that happened was that the text disappeared! Any way I can fix this?
It's probably a browser issue.  I tried to make the site as compatible as possible, but some older versions of Internet Explorer or Google Chrome may have minor issues.  I uploaded an avatar for you (which you can easily change) so there isn't any problem with your account.  I highly recommend either Google Chrome or Firefox (most recent versions of each please).  They really are great browsers.