The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When should we expect news about LBT 15?

Sovereign · 257 · 33255

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
What if that tweet revealing it was a joke IS actual joke?.. :/
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
What if that tweet revealing it was a joke IS actual joke?.. :/
What is this Inception nonsense? Don't mess with my head! :(
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This stuff is certainly unfortunate. I, too, hate people raising false hopes but in the end, there's not much to be added to the previous posts. :(petrie I, for one, am not too happy with another re-release after this disappointment.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
No. I just simply don't understand why they mentioned LBT. Did they just pick absolutely random cartoon universe to mention it in "joke" part of tweet?

Edit: ninjad.
There's no false hopes since there's always hope, I think.
Or else we all would just give up after LBT Series ended and there was 8 years gap.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:15:29 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's fair enough even if things are far from encouraging these days. Soon it'll be three years since JOTB and we still have no information from Universal they even consider the series to be alive. It's true that there was a 8-year gap between the TV series and JOTB but after another financial debacle, it's probable the threshold for Universal to start resurrecting LBT again will be even higher. As for the initial tweet, no one here can say, but I hope that person gets fired asap. x(cera

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
But yeah, for serious reply, I actually am surprised by the timing of this mention given that LBT is nearing its 30th anniversary, especially given that they already made a Blu-Ray release for the original film so a re-release seems a little underwhelming.

Perhaps, probably bad timing is at fault here but I'm not them so I really can't say.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
No. I just simply don't understand why they mentioned LBT. Did they just pick absolutely random cartoon universe to mention it in "joke" part of tweet?

They taunt us. Knowing full well we hang on to hope like Spike does snack.

Edit: ninjad.
There's no false hopes since there's always hope, I think.
Or else we all would just give up after LBT Series ended and there was 8 years gap.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
So I think the series is pretty much over, then? That is unfortunate.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
For now, it seems so but considering how creative studios are these, I'd be shocked if Universal never again tried to resurrect LBT. Ms. Hunter's message implied LBT still brings profits Universal so the chances that the series will continue one day are rather decent.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
For now, it seems so but considering how creative studios are these, I'd be shocked if Universal never again tried to resurrect LBT. Ms. Hunter's message implied LBT still brings profits Universal so the chances that the series will continue one day are rather decent.

I think the key is to get a new generation interested in dionsaurs. I hate to admit it, but LBT might have to take a chapter from Pixar and Illumination and start making their films in that kind of animation. LBT needs another theatrical release to really revive the franchise. They need Stephen Spielberg to executive produce, and a cast of voice overs that can be instantly recognized like in the Ice Age movies.

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
I think the key is to get a new generation interested in dionsaurs. I hate to admit it, but LBT might have to take a chapter from Pixar and Illumination and start making their films in that kind of animation. LBT needs another theatrical release to really revive the franchise. They need Stephen Spielberg to executive produce, and a cast of voice overs that can be instantly recognized like in the Ice Age movies.

Given how the original is such a classic, I greatly resent the idea of letting the series shift to CGI. Traditional animation has become a dying breed, and I would hate for it to become extinct in the film industry. We're living in a time where I would declare traditional animation to be the equivalent of an endangered species, and if they ever do make LBT XV, they'll need to understand that some changes may be needed while others won't quite be necessary. This is one of many complaints I have about how children's media feels inferior compared to about 30 years ago.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Given how the original is such a classic, I greatly resent the idea of letting the series shift to CGI. Traditional animation has become a dying breed, and I would hate for it to become extinct in the film industry. We're living in a time where I would declare traditional animation to be the equivalent of an endangered species, and if they ever do make LBT XV, they'll need to understand that some changes may be needed while others won't quite be necessary. This is one of many complaints I have about how children's media feels inferior compared to about 30 years ago.
As much as I would love for traditional 2D animation to flourish like it did during the Renaissance age of Animation, I'm forced to admit that 3D CGI animation will stay for quite a while (which isn't too bad, CGI animate films can look great given the budget) as it's just plain easier for the animators compared to hand-drawn animation and what the audience is after nowadays anyway. Not just for animated films, but to some extent cartoons as well. Heck, even the LBT sequels are partially CG-animated when outsourced.

That said, a traditionally animated reboot will be baller, but is less likely to happen than a live-action Land Before Time.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
As much as I would love for traditional 2D animation to flourish like it did during the Renaissance age of Animation, I'm forced to admit that 3D CGI animation will stay for quite a while (which isn't too bad, CGI animate films can look great given the budget) as it's just plain easier for the animators compared to hand-drawn animation and what the audience is after nowadays anyway. Not just for animated films, but to some extent cartoons as well. Heck, even the LBT sequels are partially CG-animated when outsourced.

That said, a traditionally animated reboot will be baller, but is less likely to happen than a live-action Land Before Time.

Is there not a new method of animation go convert 3D into 2D or in the very least make it possible to animate 2D as easily as 3D? Or has the techonology to make 2D as easy to animate not been invented because of the lack of demand?

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Since we're on the topic of 2D animation versus 3D animation, I'd actually like to point you guys to a short film released by Disney not too long ago, called "Paperman". It's a perfect blend of 2D and 3D animation and I think it looks beautiful.

If LBT is going to need a theatrical reboot to reel in new fans and keep the franchise alive, I think animating it like "Paperman" will ideally be the best way to go. It's the best of both worlds, so to speak.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Interestingly the Land Before Time Facebook page has been active lately

https://www.facebook.com/452388161554400/posts/2159593800833819/

https://www.facebook.com/452388161554400/posts/2159595557500310/

It probably doesn't mean anything but it's worth sharing
Life Is Good

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
While this news is nothing much of concern at the moment, I'll admit that the content posted is a bit different than what they usually do. While their older posts usually share movies, promote other content, or share releases of new LBT DVDS and LBT related content, their recent posts are out of nowhere kind of. First asking people if they remember that specific movie (Journey to Big Water) and then posting a Journey of the Brave picture seems a bit inconspicuous. Like, maybe a possible hype up for the 15th movie perhaps? Who knows, I'm just speculating and I haven't looked too deeply into their posting history, so they might've done something like that before.

Eh, what is everyone else's thought about it? :thinking

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Doesn't see signs of coming LBT15. (as well as uncut LBT1) But I will never lose a hope. :)
6/14
0/26

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
I'd like to hope at least something small is happening. The LBT series on Universal Kids has an audience again, and that makes me wonder if they do indeed have something in the works. Perhaps they're trying to build up a crowd to increase sales later? Lol.

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Returning to the forum after my hiatus, I guess I will reply to this first.

It is strange indeed that they would start posting on their Facebook page again out of nowhere. Does this mean we are going to get news of upcoming LBT content? Likely not at this point. But is there still a slight possibility? I think it is there.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 09:01:30 AM by Hypno »
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I doubt it'll happen. I only want to see another movie if they put some serious thought and character development into it.

Of course the people who run this franchise probably don't know there's a bunch of nerds who go over every little detail of it and want to see more PG-13 kind of stories haha

Seeing a more mature LBT is about as likely as seeing a Rated R Star Wars film from Disney. There is a pressure on the industry to sanitize so as to ensure all ages can see it. Its about the money. For myself this is not an issue, I prefer TLBT post the original, I enjoy the witty songs and lighthearted story telling with sense of adventure. If I want mature content, I have the Jurassic franchise.

What I do contend with is the dumbing down of the characters and songs post LBT X. It went from lines like “eggstasy” to “doobie flappy whoopy blue blue.” I was pleased Journey of the Brave was less preschoolesque, but it is a long road tell we return to “It Takes All Sorts.” (LBT IV).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 05:57:21 AM by Gentle Sharptooth »