The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RockingScorpion's Side Projects

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
These are some pretty good choices for this fanart project of yours. :)  (Although the only reason I'm commenting here again is that you seem to have skipped another episode: Party Pooped.)

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Chronicler on  
These are some pretty good choices for this fanart project of yours. :) (Although the only reason I'm commenting here again is that you seem to have skipped another episode: Party Pooped.)

...if you wanna act as my secretary and remind me of the stuff I forget to post, I'd be absolutely fine with that. :D

[align=center]Flutterschal

Source
(for bigger size etc.)[/align]

So there you go. :D
"Schal" means scarf btw, but I went for the german expression because it fits better in this case.

(ps. Fluttershy has mane extensions. :p )

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]The Realm of Sleep

Source

Since season 5 of MLP has a small hiatus now, I decided to go all out on one of the drawings for once.

This might be the last MLP drawing for a while, I think I'll focus more on LBT stuff during the summer. ;)

Hope you like it, and until next time :)

RS

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]Have a nice trip

Source

A friend of mine will leave the country for a year, and for his farewell party I made him this.
I wasn't sure at first if I should upload it, but well..here it is.^^

Hope you like this and until next time :)

RS

(I kinda feel like I need to make at least one more drawing before the summer ends, but I had and still have photography stuff to work on...I'll try, but I can't promise anything here.)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]The Royal Sisters

Source

MLP Season 5 continues, and so do the drawings. :D

I had to watch the episode again to pick those two to draw. For two reasons - I like the designs, especially the one on the left.

And the second reason is, that those two are totally Luna and Celestia in disguise running around Canterlot to have some fun and a break from all those royal duties. That is my headcanon now and no one can convince me otherwise. :D

(According to derpibooru they go by the names of Moonlight Raven and Sunshine Smiles, although that isn't official, the credits called them Bright Pony and Goth Pony)

Hope you like this one and until next time. :)

RS

Uncolored: link

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Nice work, as always. Also, I forgot to mention this yesterday, but I noticed this latest artwork of yours was actually featured on Equestria Daily. (there should be a bot notification in the comments on the Deviant Art page) I'm not sure if you noticed it yourself, but I figured it was worth bringing up anyway. Congratulations on being talented enough for such an honor. :yes

- Berix

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks. :)

I did notice, and actually quite a few drawings out of my Season 5 series were on EQD, usually somewhere in the drawfriend posts. xD

The last one was featured twice, once in the drawfriend, and also as a header image for a post. I don't really like to boast and so on, but that one was indeed pretty nice.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]Inspector Fabulous

Source

Dashie, are you okay? Are you okay Dashie? ♪

You've been hit by, you've been struck by
A Smooth Rarity! ♫
:D

Once again I didn't need to think a lot about the moment I would pick. I kinda knew it when I saw it for the first time.

I liked the episode, and that Noir look was pretty cool as well.

At first I also wanted to put her into the coat that goes with the hat, but then I decided not to. I made some minor changes to a lot of pictures in my S5 project, but I do want to keep it recognizable.

Also, she should've said: Objection. Just once at least. :D
If you wanna hear at least somepony saying that line, I recommend you My Little Investigations, a pretty cool game in my opinion. ;)

Illuminati Confirmed!
Illuminati Confirmed!
(sorry, just couldn't help myself. :lol )

Enough text now, hope you like this one and until next time :)
RS

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
RockingScorpion, your drawings are amazing! Oh my gosh, your very talented!

Also, for the figurines, I know some about Dinosaurs so if you have any questions I'd be happy to answer!
8 years with TGOF :yum

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks, you two. :)
@bestariana1girl: What figurines? Not sure what you mean there.^^

[align=center]Sunshine Smiles Vector

Source

I just felt like doing this vector, so here it is, there's not really a lot to say about it.
In the description on deviantart is the link to a flat version (no shading) and the cutie mark in a big size for free use if I get credit, so if anyone has a use for that, feel free, and I'd like to see the results, too. :)

This weekend we'll have one more episode of MLP and also EQG Friendship Games, and both will definitely get a drawing dedicated to it. ;)

RS

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice recent additions, I can see why EQD would feature your work ;)
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks. :)
Submitting stuff to EQD can be a bit wacky sometimes, but they do get quite a lot of stuff each day so I'm not surprised that they overlook things or forget to post them after they were approved.

Updates:

[align=center]Moonlight Raven Vector

Source
The sister of Sunshine Smiles. Again I just felt like it because I like the design (although her mane could use a bit more volume :D )
Again, a flat version plus a link to a cutie mark (not made by me this time although I made my own version for this picture). ;)

[align=center]Lunar Eclipe 27/28.09.2015

Source

I actually didn't know about this until Malte279 told me about it. It was also somewhat because of him that I decided to put my camera out on the balcony after all, even if my mom was sleeping in the room connected to it. I tried my very best to not wake her, but she woke up anyway. The only thing that saved me from trouble was that she saw me using my camera. That's something I gotta remember, even if I might not live in this house for very much longer now. :D

I'm glad I stayed up until 6 am to watch the eclipse and take these photos. I have something planned with them but it will have to wait, there is more important stuff to take care of first.

An additional photo where only half of the moon is covered can be found in the description on deviantart. ;)

That's it for now, hope you like it and until next time. :)
RS

(is it just me or is the image this forum usually has in the background not there anymore? Just leaving this here in case someone who can look into this might read it and I don't think we have a bugreport topic...or do we?)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Time for some updates, I'd say.

[align=center]BOOKS

Source
So I guess even the biggest bookworm can get bored by them from time to time. I say, you have a castle now, Twilight, get yourself a bigger library. :D

[align=center]Vampire McIntosh

Source
He's all ready for Nightmare Night.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone shows up in a costume like that next GalaCon. :D

[align=center]We Make Our Mark - 5 Years MLP:FIM

Source
What a fitting episode for the 5th anniversary of a really great show.

During my time in the fandom I made amazing memories, found real friends for maybe the first time of my life and so much more, and I wouldn't give up on all these memories for all the money in the world.

What are your best memories from your time in the fandom? And how did you like the episode? Feel free to chat in the replies (if you are a part of the fandom that is). :)

It has been a really great time, so...onto the 10 year anniversary! :D
I really liked the episode. Finally. They deserved that.

That's all I have for now, more stuff is coming, but I can never be sure when. I really got some photography stuff done until one week from now, so yeah.^^

Hope you like the update and until next time. :)
RS

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Funny images, well done.  Brings back memories of the episodes.    :lol

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks, Kor. :)

Time for a new update post. I gotta say - this will be a bigger one.
Because of this I also won't say a lot about the pictures this time. ;)

[align=center]Pony.Exe stopped working

Source
(for those who don't know: these are just the parts a flash animation mlp puppet is made out of. )

[align=center]Lyra Marker Test

Source
Just tried out markers for a change. Not perfect, but this was a first time, without professional markers.

[align=center]Bon Appetit

Source
Rocks, mhm... :D

[align=center]Flutterbat

Source
I like Flutterbat's design

[align=center]Don't need something sweet to bite...

Source
Fluttershy's expressions are way more telling than her words at times.

[align=center]Flutterbat Icon

Source
You can already see it as my new avatar (made for that in the first time) but here it is a bit bigger as well. Didn't originally plan for this, but after doodling something yesterday, I kinda liked the outcome and decided to make something out of it. :)

That's it. I wen't a bit crazy this week. The last three pictures were all finished during the last 4 days and the icon was done from scratch. Then there's also all that photography stuff I'm doing at the moment.
The next time will be quite busy as well, with my final exams coming in. Luckily I don't have to think about those over the holidays. :D
Even if I won't draw anything else, the MLP Season 5 drawings will happen, as long as the season still lasts of course. ;)

RS

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
This should be the last update I'll make regarding any kinds of fanart in this forum, so here we go. :)

[align=center]Pinkie McPie

Source

[align=center]Adagio

Source

[align=center]This Again

Source

[align=center]Friendship is Magic

Source

[align=center]Onward to New Adventures

Source
With the picture above my season 5 series has ended. You can find full hd wallpaper versions of that one in the description, and the whole project here if you're interested. :)

[align=center]Fluttershy Art Style Test

Source
I'm currently developing an own art style, however, this is not the final version yet. I will still change some parts, mostly the wings and the face/muzzle though.

[align=center]Buckle up 'cause we're about to fly!

Source

This is it, the last fanart I'll made during this year (probably, you never know but there is more important stuff to do atm). It is a scene from the lyrics of this song. The whole album is pretty nice btw, for some of the songs you don't really need to be into MLP as well. :)

Here are wallpaper versions of this picture as well for the occasion. :)

I wish every single one of you a merry christmas and a happy new year. I hope the one almost being over was a good one. :)

(uncolored versions for all of the picturs linked in the descriptions over on deviantart for those who are curious ;) )

This might be the last post I'll make in this forum for the rest of the year, we'll see. In case it is - see you all in 2016. :)

RockingScorpion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice works! You keep stunning me :p

I can see the changes you're trying to make. Keep it up, your style looks nice :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I had intended to remind you to update this topic once Season 5 ended last month, but I just kept forgetting. :oops

Anyway, your artwork is still impressive, as always. My personal favorite has to be the one featuring that Back to the Future reference. (In fact, I've noticed that the name "Pinkie McPie" seems to be what everyone uses when mentioning that brief gag, so that art piece of yours couldn't have been better named. :) )

- Berix

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Great work, I do hope you keep doing it next year.   :)