The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Children of Maganog

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
It was late evening in the dark lands. A gathering of raptors of many different herds were being ushered towards a large area amidst the volcanic wastelands.

Rivers of bright hot bubbling lava flowed on either side of the meeting area and the island that formed the area was connected to a massive stone platform that raised high above the great gathering. Bones of many long dead dinosaurs littered the area.

Soon, Blackclaw steped forward out on to the ledge of the great platform. A vengeful smile crossed his face. He had spent the past few sun cycles negotiating with pack leaders into joining his sinister plans.

He stood proudly, as one who lead a great army, his image lit red from the ever flowing bright lava streams and the massive volcano that was spilling the lava far behind the stone platform.

It was a sight never before seen, a gathering that had never been done. Blackclaw was becoming a lord over his own kind. A Lord of the Fast Biters.

It was time...

"My fellow kindreds" He said finally, his voice loud and booming. All eyes were upon him, anxiously awaiting the unheard message

"A time of a great feast is at hand!"

With these words, the fastbiters cheered

"I have spoke with your leaders. I have told them my discoveries and my plans. It is now my honor to share the same information with you."

Lightning flashed from a distant thunder cloud, lighting the rolling clouds in a brilliant display and the low boom of thunder followed after Blackclaw's words

"I have found a valley. A land the leaf nibblers call a safe haven. They think we're too dumb to find our way in. They think that those walls will protect them forever... Well, my friends, I have news for them. that green valley of peace shall soon be covered in their own blood. Our time has COME!"

Another cheer. Some began to chant and stamp in rythim. A battle beat it seemed and Blackclaw could feel his pride sink deep with each loud beat.

Soon Torgo and an elderly fastbiter joined his side, Blackclaw turned to the elder

"I shall soon lead you and everyone else to the feast. Our journey starts at dawn. Go now, tell your pack to get plenty of rest."

The elder nodded and turned to leave

"The master did not approve of this" said Torgo to Blackclaw

"Torgo... for the last time, that was not your master... that was my fool of a father speaking from beyond the grave... Now if your against this, Torgo, then your free to go back to your dead master."

"N-no.. if if the Master didnt approve, then I... I have to try to stop you"

Blackclaw laughed "You'd make a wonderful jester, Torgo. I'll keep you around for my amusement."

Blackclaw continued to laugh as he turned to leave. Torgo looked out over the gathering who were still chanting and stamping. Torgo stood and listened. He heard something beyond the lands... something unsettling, a strange and terrifying roar that boomed with the thunder of the distant storms. The loud racket of the gathering far below made it impossible for them to hear it, but Torgo heard it. and it sent chills down his body.

He remembered all too well, the warning of Kragoth's spirit

'The Children of Maganog have arisen'

The roar sounded again, Torgo quickly left the platform and ran for hiding.

---------------------

Denton awoke with a loud scream, a terrible sleep story concerning his recent encounter with the fastbiters was bothering his every moment of sleep.

He looked around breathing hard. It was raining hard outside the cave that he had chosen for refuge

He was lost...like usual... He felt dumb for wondering off like he normally did, but knew he'd be found again

Thunder rumbled outside with a bright flash of lightning

'Maybe I'd better wait for this storm to be over with before venturing out.' he thought to himself

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine never really slept that night. He was too busy thinking about Korr. I wonder if I'll ever run into him again. Maybe some day I'll go looking for him and talk to him. There still is some good inside of him, I know it.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
ooc: Denton's gone missing, man.. he's not with the group xD sorry for the confusion

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
ooc: oh whoops. sorry bout that. i'll edit my post

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim had taken the time to care for Longtail till he healed.  Likely others helped also, or would come and visit him till he was well enough to move on his own.  

Ducky was having fun playing in some of the sky water puddles near where their nest was.  She was glad they had moved their nest earlier.  That was never fun, but once it was over it left one with fun mud puddles and sky water puddles to play in.

Littlefoot was eating a very soggy breakfast with his grandparents.  He was thinking if he wanted to go and visit Ducky, she was bound to be having fun in all the sky water puddles and mud, or go to the secret caverns and stay with Chomper in there and get dry for a while, if Chomper was there and not out somewhere.

Petrie was in his mother's nest watching the sky water, hoping it would stop so he could go out and play with his friends.  

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine decided to find some place to eat breakfast. He couldn't find his friends anywhere, more that he was too tired at the moment to look. He was kept awake because Longtail and Korr kept switching through his mind. He also thought about the soothing female voice he heard right before the incident with Korr. "Who was that voice? Longtail might know, but I don't want to disturb him now. I'll go and see him later." With that, he started to eat his breakfast.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail at that moment however was pacing around his uncles cave bored out of his mind. He knew it was raining outside, but he wanted to be out there in it. It had been four weeks since the incident with Korr, and his wing was feeling much better, but Cyrix forbid the flyer to leave the cave until he or Mim returned.

Longtail gave a heavy sigh, and decided against all odds to walk into the sky water and find his friends...

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Denton lay looking out the mouth of the cave, waiting... waiting... waiting for the storm to blow over...

Surely his friends were having fun without him, and he thought of this enviously even to the point of suspicion

'Surely they havent forgot about me. Surely they'd notice I'm missing... maybe that's it, maybe they grew tired of trying to find me all the time. I'm such a bother...'

He sighed and laid his head on the cold stone floor of the cave

'And what of my mother? I bet she's worried sick about me.... oh why do I always have to be so curious?!?'

'Perhaps you cant help it, kid... stop your whining! It's really starting to depress the spirits!'

Denton's eyes widened, the voice came from his mind, and it was a frightfully familiar voice. it was in fact the very voice of Kragoth, the fastbiter he encountered weeks ago.

'Listen here, longneck. My son is being a complete idiot. I'm planning to use you to foil his little demented plans and to make his life a living hell... so deal with it, and get used to me being in this tiny brain hole you call a head.'

"AAAAAUUAAAHHHH!" screamed Denton, he jumped to his feet and started running around like a confused wild boar.

'Stop that! Hey, stop it you little brat! I'm warning you!'

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!" screamed Denton, and he rammed himself into a wall accidentally in his dumb attempt at an escape.

He wobbled about and fell flat on his belly from the dizzy spell caused from his collision

'Stupid kid. I told you to stop!'

------------

Korr and his gang stumbled out into an opening, long weary from their defeat and the trek from the valley. Little did they know someone was watching them from above, atop a large cliff

"Well, if it isn't the stooge gang that I've been hearing about lately." commented Meyla, a female redhorn "I wonder what foolish antics they've been getting themselves into lately."

She sighed and rolled her eyes then started her journey down a dirt beaten path to meet them. It wouldn't be long until she stood at the end of the trail the other redhorns were journeying down

"Hello, boys." said the female redhorn "Done anything amusingly stupid lately?"

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim had gathered some food and was heading back to the cave where Longtail and Cyrix stayed.  She had planned on gathering enough so they could stay inside till the rain stopped.  

Ducky was still playing, swimming and crying in happiness while she played with her brothers and sisters in the rain puddles near their nest.  She wondered what her friends were doing but assumed, since they were not swimmers, they may be trying to find a place to keep dry.

Littlefoot finished his soggy breakfast and told his grandparents he was going to see what his friends were up to.  He promised them if the rain got harder he'd go to the secret caverns and stay with Chomper and Ruby till the rain stopped.  

Having not much to do Petrie got his snuggling stick and was trying to go back to sleep.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Vylor and Argaya were searching for Denton. They had grown since their departure into the Mysterious Beyond. They were not fully grown longnecks, but they were still larger than Littlefoot, if only by a couple of inches.

"Do you think we should turn back and look for him when the storm dies down?" Vylor asked. He was cold, wet, and unable to see from the lightning and rain.

"We shouldn't, but we should stop for now. It would be impossible to find Denton in this weather." Argaya replied.

Quickly, they found a cave to rest in.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante had been searching for Denton when the storm broke, and he too ran into a nearby cave...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail had been wondering for some time now and wasn't able to find anybody...now wet cold and alone...he thought it would be best to find shelter from the sky water, but the only problem was where? 'I don't dare go back to my uncles cave...especially if he came back and found I was gone.' 'I could go see how Petrie is dealing with this sky water.' thought Longtail to himself

But Longtail sighed as he said aloud "But Petries nest is too far for me." He then looked over and saw a cave that looked nice and dry, so he took his chances. 'Although knowing my luck it may have a sharptooth living inside or something bigger than me.' thought Longtail with another sigh as he walked forward towards the cave.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
ooc: Acciental double post.. proceed to next .. sorry, and thanks

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"What are you doing in my head?" asked Denton... he and the voice of Kragoth had been arguing for some time now "I want you out!"

'Just do as I say, kid and I'll leave you in peace when my business is done.'

"You tried to eat me before, why should I let you do this?" asked Denton, annoyed at Kagoth's voice.

'I spared your life. Now shut up and lets go find your friends, they too will serve a part in my plan.'

"I refuse! Get out of my head NOW!"

'Very well, you leave me no choice but to take drastic actions. Turn around, brat, I'm coming right behind you...'

"Huh?" said Denton and he turned his neck to look around, there in the blackness of the cave were red slanted glowing eyes, a strange ecto like mist was wirling about the area and taking shape. Forming itself into a ghostly fastbiter

"I'm feeling quiet hungry for a hunt, even in spirit form." said Kragoth's disembodied voice. The image of coarse frightened Denton

"Boo!" said Kragoth, and Denton took no time scampering away as fast as he could out of the cavern. Kragoth's ghost took chase

Denton dove forward into the forested area, jumping over large roots and ducking below low hanging limbs. He hurried as hast as his fou feet could carry him, Kragoth's laughter echoed in his head as the spirit form gave chase to the young longneck

'That's it, kid, keep running! Run as fast as you can!'

Denton panted heavily, his breath giving out on him and his limbs sore from the heavy excersize. He turned only but a few times glancing at the spiritform which seemed to be gaining on him

Sudenly, Denton stumbled into an opening area, finding himself amongst a familiar face

"Longtail!" called out Denton and he fell face forward into the dirt, sore and terribly out of breath. Kragoth's spirit was nowhere to be seen, only a cold gust of wind followed Denton and Kragoth's voice resided in his head

'Very good, kid... yes, VERY good!'

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
ooc: augh.. Sorry, GVGuardian,got Longtail's name mixed up with another characters =P

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just as Longtail was about to enter the cave he saw Denton come to a crashing stop in front of him. Needless to say he was worried and immediately ran over to Denton to help him up. As he did however he asked "What's wrong? Why were you running like that? Are you hurt?" Just then Longtail felt the wind go by and shuddered and when he re opened his eyes, his right one was its yellow tint again.

He then asked Denton "Is someone here?"

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
'Say no, kid.

"Um.. I uh..."

'I'm warning you...'

"Uh, no... I... I was just spooked." said Denton finally

he looked down with a sigh but then raised his head looking up at Longtail "I've been lost for so long... days upon end... has nobody ever bothered to notice?"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Vylor, did you hear something?" Argaya asked.

"I think I heard someone shout 'Longtail!' The voice sounded like Denton, if that is what you heard, yes." Vylor replied.

The two longnecks ventured from the cave and saw Longtail with Denton.

"Denton! We were looking all over for you!" Vylor exclaimed.

"We didn't know you were that close to us." Argaya said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail almost laughed in Denton's face, but managed to keep it under control as he said "Are you crazy? The whole valley has been looking for you non-stop...if they didn't have to sleep and eat we might have found you sooner, speaking of which how did you get lost way out here anyway?!"

Longtail however sighed and said "The only other valley resident I know who would be crazy enough to go into the Forest of Darkness, which is where you were by the way....is me!" He then smiled and said "Come on...let's get you home...the others are going to be so happy I found you...or...did you find me...now my head hurts...lets just go." said longtail as he turned to leave

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine tried to find cover under some trees from the rain, but it wasn't that helpful. The leaves were drenched to the point of leaking, and he stared up as the rain continued to fall. "Great, this tree doesn't block the sky water at all." This would be the time where he would find shelter with his herd, that is if his herd were still alive. "I just hope the others are ok, especially Longtail and Denton. I haven't seen either of them all day."