The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time - "Dawn"

Lillefot · 725 · 34338

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Grandpa Longneck smiled and replied "Yes it certainly is Littlefoot. Mornings like this are very special to me. It always reminds me of your mother."

Longtail, having just opened his eyes groaned as he realized that he must've fallen out of the tree again, as he was upside down on his head covered in treestars. "Oh, well..." He said aloud to himself "...at least I've got some food now!" Longtail then began to bite into the closest treestar and eat his fill.

Longtail's adoptive uncle Cyrix was down by the Thundering falls. He was getting his early morning drink, and he looked up to see Blueberry walking over to Ruby, Zaine, and the others. He smiled as he said quietly "I do wonder how he stays so calm under the falls like that?"

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
"My mother... Why is that, Grandpa?" Littlefoot asked in curiosity.
----

"Yeah, lets go for a drink, though I've already had mine!"
"After that, lets go find the others! I'm so up for a game of tag!" Blueberry said in exitement.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck looked down at his grandson and said "Because every morning, seeing her smile just like yours brought me so much joy. I really do miss her, but you are so brave and adventurous, just like she used to be."

Cyrix sat down and looked at his reflection in the water and thought about his family, and the home he left behind.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot looked up on his Grandpa.
"Was she, really? Littlefoot said with a smile. Then he looked out over the Valley again. The Valley was drying up in the bright circle's light.
"I... miss her too..." he sighed, and moved closer to his Grandpa.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mim surfaced and walked onto the shore not to far from where Mia and the others were.  She sat on the bank and rested for a while from her swimming underwater and holding her breath.

Petrie had finished his breakfast and playing a bit with his siblings, which made breakfast more fun, but longer then it could have been.  He then flew off to see what his friends were up to.  He flew to the nearest one's sleeping area to see what they were up to or if they had left to head elsewhere.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck leaned over and nuzzled his grandson and said "I know Littlefoot, but you know she's watching over you everyday to make sure you are safe and well cared for."

Longtail finally decided that after finishing his meal, to go search for his friends, or at least his uncle knowing that he might know where they were. After several moments of walking, he could see his uncle sitting next to the Thundering falls looking into the water. He smiled as he sat down and said "Good morning Uncle Cyrix. How are you?"

Cyrix was unaware of his nephew's presence until he asked his question and it startled the rainbow face enough that he slipped into the water with a splash. He quickly came up for air, and looked at Longtail with a smile and said "Well, now that I've had my bath for the day...I'm doing much better!" And both began to laugh at the joke.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
After a short period of searching, Spiral and Kariya found a rather small tree, with a fair number of good-looking treestars on it...problem was, they were both just a little too short to reach the lowest branches.

"This is one reason why I carry my stick around with me," Spiral stated.

"Well, it's not my fault the tree's that big!" Kariya responded. "Now what?"

Spiral looked around for something he could use...and found it, in the form of a decent-sized rock - Just small enough to be a good throwing stone, yet large enough to be able to knock a branch around a bit, but not break it. Kariya noticed the way her brother was looking at the rock, and wasn't entirely convinced that what she thought he was going to do was a good idea.

"You sure about that, brother? It might make a lot of noise..." she said.

"Do you see anything better around? These're the best-looking treestars I've seen since we got here...They even look good to me, and I don't even like treestars all that much..." Spiral replied, hefting the rock.

"Blasphemy!" Kariya exclaimed, smiling widely.

Spiral just chuckled and threw the rock at a branch. His aim was true, the branch giving up some of its treestars...and the rock came sailing back down towards Spiral, who snapped his head out of the way just in time.

"Why does everything seem to be attracted to my head today?" he muttered, while Kariya, being wise enough to stand off to the side, started laughing quietly. Spiral just shook his head and got back to work, trying to knock off enough treestars for their breakfast.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Morning Blueberry, Ruby said. Did you have your bath under the thundering falls yet?, she asked while picking up some treestars.                                                                      
Ecco jumped from his rock straight into the water and swam along the river like every morning. After a while he saw Cyrix with his nephew. Hmm, let me have a joke with them, he thought. So he dived as deep as he could , swam to Cyrix, who was still standing in the river and jumped up in front of him. Wuuuaahh!!!

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Woah!" exclaimed Argaya as she and Vylor arrived just in time to be splashed by Ecco bursting out of the water. "Morning! I love mornings like these. Don't you think that days like these make you happy to be alive?" Vylor said happily.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine laughed at Vylor's comment. "If that's the case, then let's feel more alive shall we?" He then rushed towards the water and leaped into the air. "Heads up guys!" He landed in the water and splashed all over the others. Zaine resurfaced and laughed some more. "Did that make you guys feel so alive?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dante sauntered out from the trees just in time to get splashed in the face by Zaine.  He blinked twice, then laughed, shaking himself dry.
"Well, that woke me up!"
He chuckled merrily...

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Spike continued to walk towards Diver, sniffing the air...  Despite Ducky's pleas, he still seemed lulled into a trance, following the treestar that Diver was holding...
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Seeing that Ducky was free Diver stopped so Spike could get and eat the treestar.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Spike happily ate the treestar, chewing away, and then opened his eyes.
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Shera laughed on seeing Dante waking up like this. She ran towards the water and started drinking. After that she jumped in. "Whee!"

Ducky saw spike finally opening his eyes. "Spike, look at the valley. It's almost gone. Aww and it was so pretty"
She sighed and walked to her pile of treestars to have breakfast.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Spike looked around at the last moments of the morning light.  It really was beautiful, like Ducky said...

"Eeyeeegh!"  He grunted in pleasant agreement.  It really was something to see.  Taking one last look, he went off to go eat some green food...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Knowing that Ducky & Spike would be leaving soon like they did mornings to go to be with their friends Diver decided to give them their space and went to the water near their nest and exhaling all her breath she then inhaled as deeply as she could then dove into the water.  She swam underwater to the deeper part of the water to look for the underwater green food that she preferred eating.

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Finishing up their morning munch, Spiral and Kariya began debating what to do next. Neither really wanted to do much of anything, but they still wanted to do something.

"Hmm... Maybe we can go see if we can find others who live here? See how things work around here?" Kariya asked.

Spiral thought for a moment. "...I don't know. What if they react badly to...this?" he said, making a gesture to indicate himself, or more accurately, his coloration, a major source of problems for the pair in the Mysterious Beyond.

"How would you know until you try?" Kariya responded.

Spiral hesitated, a cloud of uncertainty rising in his mind. Grr...Compromise, he thought. "We'll go check out the place...but we'll try and stay out of sight. I'm just...not ready to show myself yet..." he said quietly.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they'd understand," Kariya said. The two did their form of a ritual handshake: they tapped their heads together, then their tails, then their fists.

"Okay, where should we go?" Spiral asked.

"Let's head towards that big waterfall. We're sure to encounter someone near there," Kariya replied.

Hmmm...Waterfall...Spiral thought. Waterfalls were one of his favorite things to watch. "All right, let's go. Just be careful and try to stay out of sight. Remember to sign if you suspect someone could hear you."

Kariya nodded and took the lead, stepping lightly. We might meet someone new! Well, maybe not quite 'meet,' but close enough for me! she thought happily.

I just hope this doesn't end badly...Spiral thought, slipping along behind his sister.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Diver pulled at some underwater green food getting some loose, then swam up to sit on the shore eat what she had brought up.  As she ate She wondered what Ducky, Spike and theier friends would be doing, and what her friends Mia and Rhyn were doing.  Also she thought briefly about Blue-eye and hoped he and his herd were doing ok in the mysterious beyond.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
"It's not that I don't like water..."
"But seriously, how do you guys aim!?" Blueberry said.
As the other looked up on him where he was standing on the shore with his arms on his sides, they could see he was all wet, and water was dripping from all over his body.
It was silent for some seconds...
Then Blueberry burst into a peal of laughter, ran away some steps, then jumped into the water with a big splash.
"Whaaaaaa!" ... "Who's it? he said looking around. "Certainly not me!"
-------------------------------

"I know Grandpa." Littlefoot said.
Then he heard laughter coming from the Thundering Falls, not too far away.
"Grandpa, can I go play?" Littlefoot said with exitement.