The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Debate Rules

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay. Here is the idea.

We have a debate topic. Then two or more people debate the topic. The topic is purely a joke. It isn't political in any way. There are many debates.

There are two sides to a debate.

PRO - Supports
CON - Rejects

The rules:
  • No hurtful comments. If it is a debate targeting someone, the person involved in the debate must consent.
  • No racist comments or debates
  • No stupid debates. I'll decide whether it is stupid or not. PM me if you want to know if it is stupid.
  • Keep language PG-13 or lower. I'll say if it is allowed to use explicit language, but please refrain as much as possible.
Here are the debate styles:
  • Resolved, - These are the common debates. Like, "Resolved, that Al Gore won the 2000 Presidential election."
  • This or That - Two options, where one person chooses between the two. For example, "This or that: Civil War or American Revolution."
  • Through the Eyes of - Two people, and a Resolved debate is placed. "Through the Eyes of Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama - Resolved, that the US strives towards alternative energies."
  • Speed Chess - It is like a Resolved, but there can be a motion to move to a Boston Massacre, where the 4th rule can be suspended to a degree. I'll say if it has gone out of line.
Any violation of these rules will result in the offender being reported to the admins. These are meant to be fun. Please don't get in trouble. By the way, I'll come out with the first debate in another topic.

One more thing. If you feel that rules should be amended, added, or removed, post that here.