The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 111276

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Well, this looks very promising :yes
I'll certainly be waiting to see it when it comes out, judging by what I've seen so far.
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm super excited for this! Nothing feels out of place and the animation in the settings looks really well done (was that Bryce Canyon I saw?).

I'm especially excited to see my favorite character out of the gang returning-- Chomper-- and it's interesting to see how he and Ruby are going to fit into the overall story. Either way, I'm gonna buy this the day it comes out, for sure.

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
Hm, hmm, hmmm.... Seems like it could be interesting but...Reba McEntire? Alrighty then. I won't judge it until I see it for myself but like Petrie I'm much more of a fan of the original movie. I enjoyed some of the sequels but I sure do wish we'd get one with the same feel of the first movie.... I know that won't ever happen, but I can dream right?  :p It would be nice if this is a prequel to the TV series though and we get to find out how Chomper and Ruby came to the Great Valley.

Tikikata

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberrytiki.net
Oh my gosh, it's finally happening! I'm so excited! This looks like a big step up from the thirteenth movie, too, and I mean BIG (well, not just cuz they're dinosaurs either, haha). Such great animation,  too. I can't wait!!

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Hooray! The trailer looks promising enough, but I really doubt it'll be a prequel to the TV series. And here's why: the only scene with Chomper and Ruby that was shown depicts them playing in the snow and in the first few seconds of the trailer (which are most likely to have been taken from one of the first scenes of the movie) we can see that this snowy place is indeed the Great Valley, meaning that the two will probably be there from the start. :)
As for them following the rest of the gang on their adventures... Although for some reason Chomper and Ruby are suspiciously absent from any action scenes, we can clearly hear the pink oviraptor say "We'll never make it through" at 0:24 which suggests that she and the friendly sharptooth will play at least some role in this journey. :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good observation, I didn't notice that! Well, I'd like to see these two in the whole movie so I hope you're right :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
^I still keep thinking it's Cera who said that...I might be wrong.  :blink:

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Aug 1 2015 on  04:41 PM
^I still keep thinking it's Cera who said that...I might be wrong.  :blink:
Yes, I had that impression too the first time I watched the trailer. Even made me think that they've chosen Ruby voice actress to read Cera's lines at first, but then I realised that the fan favourite triceratops was speaking in the video before that and she sounded like her normal self... No doubt about it - the line in question was uttered by Ruby. :)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah you're proably right. "Let's go" and "We'll never make it through" did have different voices....  So you might be right  :yes
Life Is Good

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Reba McEntire... Oh jeeze, a quick google search says she was in Tremors as Burt's wife! That is fantastic! This is her right here. Awesome! So I guess that means you can play six degrees of Kevin Bacon really easily now with the Land Before Time series XD

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm actually kind of surprised the trailer was released so quickly. I have a feeling that we'll see a 2015 release date not to mention it said @2015 at the end of the trailer implying a 2015 release date.

Although I'm shocked there was no mention of set release date.. Will there be another trailer soon with the release date? Will it be on the new website if and when it's set up?

Also maybe I'm wrong but I have a feeling Chomper and Ruby might have a bigger role than what is implied in the trailer, maybe they're involved in a secondary plot? Only time will tell. Anyways I will share any official news I find out about
Life Is Good

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: chomperrules1993,Aug 1 2015 on  10:15 PM
Also maybe I'm wrong but I have a feeling Chomper and Ruby might have a bigger role than what is implied in the trailer, maybe they're involved in a secondary plot?
I hope you're right. Love me some sub-plots! :D It's also good to see that Universal takes this movie more seriously than LBTXIII. Or at least that's my impression so far.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I do have a feeling that the trailer has been released too early and not officially by Universal. I would have thought the guys making the film would tell the actors when they were releasing a trailer (Felix Avitia would have almost definitely posted it to his Facebook page if he knew, and Aria Curzon didn't know about it, either), and that they would release it with another film. The only films I know of that are coming out for LBT's target audience are the new Thomas and Barbie films coming out in September. Plus, if Universal was going to officially release the trailer, why not just put it on YouTube rather than Rotten Tomatoes of all places? The timing and the way this trailer was uploaded seems rather strange to me...

Now, about the "We'll never make it through!" line. I always thought that it was Cera speaking, and honestly, I never even thought about Ruby. Now that I've gone and looked at an episode where Ruby does quite a lot of speaking, and I've listened to that line a couple of times again, I'm honestly not sure who it is right now... What throws me off is that a split second after the line is said, it shows Cera with an open mouth. I guess we'll find out when the film is released. :blink:

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Aug 1 2015 on  04:30 PM
I do have a feeling that the trailer has been released too early and not officially by Universal. I would have thought the guys making the film would tell the actors when they were releasing a trailer (Felix Avitia would have almost definitely posted it to his Facebook page if he knew, and Aria Curzon didn't know about it, either), and that they would release it with another film. The only films I know of that are coming out for LBT's target audience are the new Thomas and Barbie films coming out in September. Plus, if Universal was going to officially release the trailer, why not just put it on YouTube rather than Rotten Tomatoes of all places? The timing and the way this trailer was uploaded seems rather strange to me...

Now, about the "We'll never make it through!" line. I always thought that it was Cera speaking, and honestly, I never even thought about Ruby. Now that I've gone and looked at an episode where Ruby does quite a lot of speaking, and I've listened to that line a couple of times again, I'm honestly not sure who it is right now... What throws me off is that a split second after the line is said, it shows Cera with an open mouth. I guess we'll find out when the film is released. :blink:
I agree and even made a vid about it. My reasons were basically the same as yours
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid...100001988674701
Life Is Good

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That was sooooooooooooo cool!! The Reba Macentire as a diva flyer was great. All on all, really touching and a major improvement over Wisdom of Friends.

So...are Chomper and Ruby in it?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Bruton the Iguanodon,Aug 2 2015 on  04:25 PM
So...are Chomper and Ruby in it?
They appeared in the trailer. So yes.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks like they're in it in some way, though we don't know how much of the movie they'll be in. (eg, are they gonna go along with the rest of the gang on the journey?)

Like Coyote-A said, you can hear Ruby say "We'll never make it through" in the trailer, so hopefully they'll play a big part.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You know, I REALLY think it's Cera saying the "We'll never make it through!" line. It sounds almost exactly like her, and she and Ruby don't have very similar voices. Cera's got a bit more of a lower pitch and that matches with whoever said this line. If it's Ruby, then she might have a bigger role to play, but I'm almost definitely sure that it's Cera. If i'm wrong, I'll be the first one in the duncecap, but I'm pretty darn sure it's Cera.

Campion1

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The animation looks fairly choppy IMO. As far as Chomper and Ruby and concerned, they'll probably be guest appearances to keep focus on this new yellow bird thing. Still, I'm optimistic about this one and I'm happy we're getting something that already looks substantially better than lbt13. It's bizarre that it didn't say release for Blu Ray.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I honestly don't who said "we'll never make it through" anymore to be honest  :lol

As for how long Chomper and Ruby will be in LBT 14.... I think the new character (the one Reba's voicing) will sort of be like Archice from LBT 4 or like the mama longneck from LBT 9.

Chomper and Ruby will probably have as much screen time as Chomper did in LBT 5.

Edit: Just watched the trailer again. I am now convinced it was Cera who said the line in question. We'll just have to wait and see  :exactly
Life Is Good