The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Accepting Requests for next LBT Song to Sing

action9000 · 139 · 11408

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here's how it looks so far:

Big Water: 2
Beyond The Mysterious Beyond: 2
Kids Like Us: 1
Things Change: 4

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm torn between Beyond the Mysterious Beyond and Things Change myself.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The only concern I have about "Things Change" is that it might scare away potential new singers as it is certainly a tricky song. With the many people who already voted for Things Change though it is certain that there will be enough singers who will give it a try.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm concerned about things change myself.  I know I can do it, I just can't get high up there.  I refuse to have my voice crack up and sound like crap so it's gonna be sang pretty low by me.  I think a female member will have to sing the line "all at once things change".  I couldn't imagine a male member getting up there too easily. :P:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I couldn't imagine a male member getting up there too easily.
Sounds like a job for Petrie!  You want to give us a hand, here? :p

I'm willing to try but no guarantees on good results! :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess well just have to sing an octave lower. But our female singers may come in really great in this song :yes

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I guess well just have to sing an octave lower.
We've been doing that for every song we've done so far (at least the males have).  I don't honestly think Things Change will be overly brutal, as long as we can hold notes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
With the singers' permission I'll let Anndie McAfee know about this project though once we finish it (provided that indeed "Things change" gets the majority of votes which is not yet settled). I suppose it would be funny for her to listen to this one :lol:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Jul 20 2007 on  06:04 PM
I couldn't imagine a male member getting up there too easily.
Sounds like a job for Petrie!  You want to give us a hand, here? :p

I'm willing to try but no guarantees on good results! :lol
I could do it.  I just did a bit of practice while listening to it and there's no trouble. ;)

Song reminds me a bit of that song out of Over the Hedge.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
With the singers' permission I'll let Anndie McAfee know about this project though once we finish it (provided that indeed "Things change" gets the majority of votes which is not yet settled). I suppose it would be funny for her to listen to this one
I would be more than happy to have her hear our work on "Things Change" (providing we sing it). :yes

Do you speak with Anndie regularily, Malte?  You never mentioned much of her.

To everyone: We're still accepting votes by the way!

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
After giving it some second thoughts, I've decided to place my vote on "Things Change."

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do you speak with Anndie regularily, Malte? You never mentioned much of her.
I don't speak with her regularly and I only wrote to her a few times. In general I think I'm kind of hesitant to talk to the actors fearing that they might feel bothered by too much fanmail. But this I think would be something she might find really funny.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
In general I think I'm kind of hesitant to talk to the actors fearing that they might feel bothered by too much fanmail

I don't think she gets too much fanmail regarding her work with LBT.  We LBT fans that can actuall write are rare as it is.  Only a small portion of us even consider talking to the actors, let alone actually do it.  I'm sure she hasn't gotten too much fanmail regarding her work with LBT sadly. :(

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Big Water: 2
Beyond The Mysterious Beyond: 2
Kids Like Us: 1
Things Change: 5

Unless we get an influx of voters against "Things Change", I think we basically have our next song decided on :)

I'll still accept votes but unless I see a change in the voting trend I say we go with "Things Change".

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quite frankly we've done everything I wanted to work in.  If you want me to Tim, once you get a sound mp3 sample made, I'll do that one high line for you guys.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quite frankly we've done everything I wanted to work in. If you want me to Tim, once you get a sound mp3 sample made, I'll do that one high line for you guys.
Feel free to jump in if you want to but of course you're not obligated to.  I'll accept anything you want to send me, up to the deadline (which is unknown right now).

I'll give this poll another day or so.  Around this time tomorrow, we'll check the results. I may not be home at this exact time, but it's just a casual voting system anyway :p

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It looks like we have our song decided on! :D

I will start a topic for the "Things Change" singing project shortly.  The following members have volunteered to sing with us so far:

Action9000
landbeforetimelover
Malte
Manny Cav
Pokeplayer
Stitch

Any discussion for "Things Change" should continue in the new thread.

Thanks to everyone for the votes! B)

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Jul 23 2007 on  01:59 AM

I will start a topic for the "Things Change" singing project shortly.  The following members have volunteered to sing with us so far:

Action9000
landbeforetimelover
Malte
Manny Cav
Pokeplayer
Stitch

Is it to late to sign up for this song as well? I may have not voted for it. But I am really excited about this and I loved singing in the last song so much. So do you think you can add me to the list?

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: Dash The Longneck,Aug 3 2007 on  08:57 AM
Quote from: action9000,Jul 23 2007 on  01:59 AM

I will start a topic for the "Things Change" singing project shortly.  The following members have volunteered to sing with us so far:

Action9000
landbeforetimelover
Malte
Manny Cav
Pokeplayer
Stitch

Is it to late to sign up for this song as well? I may have not voted for it. But I am really excited about this and I loved singing in the last song so much. So do you think you can add me to the list?
If it is possible, me too, please.