The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Approved Scenes of The Land Before Time on YouTube

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, well, well!  It's about time Universal started getting their crap together with allowing footage of the original on YouTube.  All thanks to a site called Movie Clips.

For those not in the know, Movie Clips is basically a site that houses Trailers, Previews and clips of old, new and upcoming movies.  It allows others more insight into the films they enjoy and are curious about.  Also, if you watch the footage at hand from them, you generate revenue for the ones who are making the films.  Of course, such movies need to get approved for this treatment before they can be put up.

5 months ago, the original 1988 classic, The Land Before Time got approved for this treatment.

10 clips have been put up on YouTube by them for your enjoyment.  Biggest thing, they are now in HD.  We get to see a sneak peak of the treatment the movie will get if it goes to Blu-ray, which by the results I am hoping becomes a reality in 2 years for it's upcoming 25th Anniversary.

Anyways, here are the links.  Enjoy!

Littlefoot is Born

The Death of Littlefoot's Mother
The Death of Littlefoot's Mother

Flyers and Cherries

Littlefoot Meets Ducky

Littlefoot and Ducky Meet Petrie

The Gang Find Spike

Finding Green Food

Littlefoot to the Rescue

Petrie Saving Ducky

Finding the Valley

Also, should you go to their site, Movie Clips and search "The Land Before Time", you will find they have plans for 5, 7, 9 and 10 to be given the treatment as well.  Let's abuse that "request" button and make it happen.

We've put up the fight with Universal on this long enough. :)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
One of my YouTube videos got matched with Third-Party content from them.
Also, I do love that the scenes are in HD. A little preview of what could be if The Land Before Time were given a high definition release.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's neat to see those in hd, thanks for the links.  If this goes well maybe some other movies and such will be allowed this same treatment.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
HD, that's awesome! :D *goes watch some*

I want it on bluray, now...

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It aired in HD on HBO sometime in 2006, although chances are it might have been upscaled. If that is not the case and it was in fact a restored version, it should be released. Also, I've noticed a difference in quality between the DVD and TV airings, more specifically the ENCFAM airing I have been seeing. The colors in the Encore Family airing are well saturated and toned, where the DVD (at least mine) has washed out looking colors, and picture and audio quality were excellent in the TV airing. I think an actual restored version is out there, waiting for a release. Universal owes us that after the terrible 2003 Anniversary release.