The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Other Fanart by Ren

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I've finally decided to make a topic for any non-LBT fanart that I do.

Here's the first entry (it may be kinda big).

As I promised babidikrakenguard, here is one of the only fan drawings that I did of Disney's The Black Cauldron. It is of Princess Eilonwy and her magic bauble. The date is not a mistake; I really did sketch this out that long ago, I just now decided to finish it. I sort of had the end credits of the movie on my mind when I decided to put it on faux parchment.
She ended up looking a lot like Alice from Disney's Alice in Wonderland, but that was unintentional. I didn't use any reference.

Enjoy!  :^.^:

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This looks awesome! Being able to sketch human beings is a gift I personally don't have :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just watched that movie!! :smile
Very nice, you've captured the design of Disney females, I can see. Pardon my nitpick, She has a sort of Ariel-essence, while also distinctly being Eilonwy.
Did you do this all in one sitting? Cuz if you did, I am even more jealous, now :smile
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That is an excellent drawing. :yes  She does bare a slight resemblance to Alice, as you mentioned, but I think that is mainly due to the generalized proportions that Disney gives to many of its female characters and not due to any flaw in your technique.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
^A professional in the making. in-yes.gif
Thank you!  :smile That means a lot to me.

This looks awesome! Being able to sketch human beings is a gift I personally don't have dino_laugh.gif
Thanks! A lot of people say that they can't draw people, but it's not that hard. It just takes some practice, is all.

I just watched that movie!! Dino_grins.gif
Very nice, you've captured the design of Disney females, I can see. Pardon my nitpick, She has a sort of Ariel-essence, while also distinctly being Eilonwy.
Did you do this all in one sitting? Cuz if you did, I am even more jealous, now Dino_grins.gif
Heh, yeah, most Disney ladies tend to look similar to each other. She does look like Ariel a bit (I think it's because of the big eyes), but in a few scenes with Ariel in Little Mermaid she ends up looking like Eilonwy!  :blink: Full circle!  :lol

It's hard to remember since it was so long ago, but I think I may have done this all at once, at least the base drawing. When I'm in a really good mood I can just whip things out like that *snap sound effect*, but some days it takes longer. Like I said before I didn't use reference when I was drawing the pose, basic proportions and outfit, but I think I did go back and add something. Maybe her hair-band-thing and to check how the neckline on her dress is suppose to look.

That is an excellent drawing. in-yes.gif She does bare a slight resemblance to Alice, as you mentioned, but I think that is mainly due to the generalized proportions that Disney gives to many of its female characters and not due to any flaw in your technique.
Thank you! Alice, Ariel, and pretty much any other female Disney does has giant eyes and the same face proportions. Except maybe Snow White and Pocahontas. And Pixar's Merida.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Figured this deserved it's own post:

Here's what I wrote on Photobucket about it.
Okay, technically this is a fanwork of a fanwork. Of the MLP:FiM fanfic Unmarked by Croswynd. I looked forward to the chapters of this story more than new episodes of the show. I kid you not.
Anyways, here is the main character Novell, looking up apprehensively, unsure of what purpose his life holds.

I've had this finished for a few months, but didn't want it to be the first post of this topic for various reasons. And look! A background!  :o A smudgy and out of focus one, but I wanted Novell to be the main focal point. It's not Friendship is Magic style, but more my style.  ;) I was going for a downcast but hopeful mood with this one.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I guess the pony scared everyone away.  :o That's okay; I won't post very much pony related fan stuff anyway.

This isn't fanart, but I wanted to share this. I'll keep it as a link, since it is a video:
http://s1159.photobucket.com/user/Freckled...leanup.mp4.html
It might take a while to load, but it's only three seconds long. It is a little test that I did using a character of my own design.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Neat :) Which program did you use to animate these sketches?
Inactive, probably forever.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I actually animated these on paper with pencil, but I assembled them in Flipbook.