The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Remaking the deleted scenes as sketch?

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Looking at deleted scenes from lion king, bambi etc I realized most of them were sketched out to show . I been thinking if the scenes are lost....why not re draw them? We got Don and he isn't getting any younger . What better to atleast know what happened then from the creator himself or the people who worked in production to piece it back togther?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Just legally getting that off the ground would require Bluth to sit in the same room as Spielberg and Lucas and get along long enough for them to come to an agreement.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I think the other question is does Bluth even care anymore? It's been so long since he worked on LBT that I doubt the deleted scenes really matter to him anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be great to see the deleted scenes but unless Don sees need to re draw them, I don't think we'll ever get to see them sadly.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jan 6 2013 on  08:57 PM
Just legally getting that off the ground would require Bluth to sit in the same room as Spielberg and Lucas and get along long enough for them to come to an agreement.
Why does Steven need to be involved? he and Lucas directed it not animated it. Yeah but what if Don gets too old? the movie is in its 25th anniversary this November and the next time it would be special is 50th

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
This is what i mean. For the release on blu ray, Lion king had deleted scenes shown and look at the quality for being younger then land before time. I'm guessing it would have to be like Bambi's

lion king alternative ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y14TwUGQ3xE

lion king 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cctODMSwcj0

bambi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tJbXR10R00

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For the lion king and bambi, those scenes weren't redrawn. They were simply in Disney's archive, as possible scenes which they later deleted or changed. It's nice of the Disney company to release these scenes, however The Land Before Time belongs to Universal (which is a complete asshole company, excuse my language)... So yeah, even if those existed or were to be remade, no way that Universal would release that stuff.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
@Littlefoot7: Actually, Bluth directed it. Spielberg and Lucas need to be involved because they own those scenes.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I believe Mr. Bluth is busy working on things not related to animation right now, but this might be better as a fan project. Fans could interpret the scenes their own ways in their own drawings and compile them together.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds like it would be more of a fan project since an official one seems unlikely.  & It could be done in storyboard fashion like many animated films, and non animated films, have at least some of their scenes done in.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
hmmm i like that idea. maybe we could ...one day land before time will be known as a classic and it would be nice for future generations.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
The Land Before Time IS known as a classic now.

jesstripod@hotmail.com

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hi, I am going to try to use the animation skills I have learned so far from Algonquin College Animation to animate as many of the outcut scenes as I can.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sounds cool :)
But do you actually know the contend of all the deleted scenes?
Inactive, probably forever.

jesstripod@hotmail.com

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I do know practically all of the deleted content through extended Internet research, just not nessacarily all of what the actions look like in those scenes, I have only seen trailer content and the still photos. Studying scenes from the movie where stuff was deleted(I will watch again to make sure) all I can really do is guess what everything except for the stills would have looked like, but I will do what I can to not disappoint.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fine! :)
I look forward to see them :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Oh, thank you so much! You'd really be a hero among the GOF for doing that!

Of course, we wouldn't like you any less if you didn't. ;)

jesstripod@hotmail.com

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Awesome, I'll see if I could get the scene I'm working on posted tonight at some point.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
Wow! You did it that fast?  :o Or have you been working on it for a while?
This is something that I've kind of wanted to do myself, but it'll be neat to see what other people come up with.  :)

jesstripod@hotmail.com

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I just started today, but it's just actions so far no layout, and will only be in black and white.