The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5633 · 288990

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Junior gritted his teeth, his face still read from a combination of anger and humiliation. Then he remembered.
‘Believe in yourself.’ That’s what Rogan said. Well, ignoring that sure as hell didn’t do him any favors. What more harm could be done than by heeding it?
He looked up at his father straight in the eyes across the portal—across the vast depths of space—or the first time since this dressing down began and opened his mouth.
“Whatever happens, papa, I just want you to know: I love you. I screwed up, but I hope you still love me too. That’s all I ever hope for.”
---
From the Diary of Dr. Roy Curien

January 13th, 1998

The strain Sampson nicknamed ‘The Hangedman’ is coming along smoothly: tomorrow we will begin vertebrate lazerus trials. Unfortunately, the ‘The Chariot’ is still causing a lot of problems and will likely need a few more weeks before getting even close to that point. I’m not sure Daniel can afford to wait through all these delays… the doctors said he’s lost almost thirty pounds just in the last month. I don’t have forever to modify these sequences. They must be ready by the end of the year at the absolute latest.

As I had feared, a few of our staff left shortly us after viewing our computer models for the complete mutations. I quietly arranged for their silence and allowed them to leave. Lord knows, if my son’s life wasn’t on the line, I would have done the same. Nobody wants to be in the business of making monsters like these.
My benefactor, Caleb Goldman, has been asking a lot of detailed questions about my work lately. I always knew he had a research background, but I hadn’t thought he’d still be so up to date on current genetic sequencing techniques. He seems to understand my research better than most of my own workers!
Part of our agreement is that I hand over all my findings and formulas along the way. He and I have long had a history together; our two families have historical ties going back many, many years. But some of the things he says to me… What wound has humanity placed on him, for him to hate it so? As I start to see theoretical resurrection to turn into  reality before my eyes, the more I worry just what he plans to do with my formulas once it is finished…
Mr. Thornheart has asked for some material as well. Just like my boy, he has a terminal illness—what kind of man would I be that I would deny someone else the resources to avoid the same fate I desperately try to keep Daniel from? But I don’t trust him at all—I plan on keeping as much away from him as I can.  Even Caleb has tacitly admitted to me in private all the reservations he has about the man. His family also has deep ties to ours. I wish it didn’t. As much as Goldman’s ideas of humanity and natural order unnerve me, Thornheart’s ultimate motives are far more naked and far less… “romantic” than Caleb’s.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Don;t get mushy on me Junior! thats goody-goddy stuff! BUt.. i do love you boy, as i love all of my kids. now.. dont ever pull a stunt like this again understand? now get back on that treasure hunt Wendy said you were on, i want some gold in my claws when you get back. Bowser Out" Bowser said, allowing  Juiuor a small smile, before the portal vanished. stripetail went over and pat the koopaling prince on the shoulder " i'll give you a minute to collect yourelf ' stripetail said kindly '  diddy1 you can come back in now ' stripetail said-
 dixie  Reentered and held the door open for Diddy.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Junior felt a flutter in his heart, and smiled back just before the portal to his father closed. He was glad he had listened to Rogan—his dad may not always gel with how he truly was deep down, but he did love him deeply all the same.
That point was highlighted by Diddy immediately throwing his arms around the koopa and tearing up on his shoulder while Junior, at least on agreeable terms with how his meeting went, blinked in shock for a moment before worriedly hugging his boyfriend back.
“That was awful, Junie,” Diddy heaved, instinctually slipping into using the most private nickname for Junior he had—one he usually only ever spoke to Junior when they were alone. “Awful. I’ve never seen Donkey act so distant from me…”
Bowser Jr. hugged the kong patiently, wanting to make sure whatever he said next was said in just the right way. That was what was the one positive thing about moments like these: when someone was this distraught, they usually didn’t expect you to answer anything immediately. They just wanted to let the pain out.
“… So what’s the problem? That means you didn’t have to smell him!”
Diddy lightly punched him in the chest and chuckled through his sobs a little.
“Dork,” Diddy said as he kissed Junior on the cheek. He didn’t stop hugging him—he needed this moment of closeness to the boy he was so fond of.
Junior simply turned to Stripetail. “Thanks for helping us out, Stripey,” Junior said while offering a tired smile. “I owe you for doing all this for me and Diddy.” He looked over to Wendy. “And thanks for keeping quiet about us, sis.”
“Y-you too, Dix,” Diddy said, starting to get a handle on himself.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 04:33:09 AM by LoyfeCycleProtector »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Wendy and dixie king embraced the boys ' you know we love you,  dorks ' Wendy said. " even if you drive me batty sometimes Junior. ' come on Diddy, you think i'd let DK blast you without backup.   Thats not what girlfriends do, and yes i still consider myself your girlfriend, even if you've become turned on to  romps inside a large koopa shell. " Dixie smirked.
_ well boys , you're completely welcome.' Stripetail said. both of your doubles will be released from jail- I've paid Jerry's bail anonymously Diddy, he'll be released in the morning. And Junior that healing elixir i gave Bowser to give to Marcus- will have a slight side effect of wiping his memory. so  they wouldnt be able to get anything from him anyway " stripetail said. ' so your secrets are safe until such time as you choose to divulge them. "
_
You think of everything, Master Wizard Flurrie said " " Well,  of eough that it seems i think of everything, dear Flurrie " stripetail said. " I think after that little ordeal, O think a big meakl is calkled for. Where do you want to go boys? My coinpurse is open." I'd really like a pizza ' Dixie said, from hugging Diddy.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Ms. Swimmer and Mr. Bigmouth had assumed their magically given Dramosian forms. Mr. Bigmouth took the form of a light green Dramosian with the name of Ka'huatoa and the occupation of "AV tech" for Dramosian Adventures -- a Dramosian channel dedicated to covering extreme sports around the galaxy. Of course, the company and channel were fictional. Mere shell corporations funded for this operation. Ms. Swimmer took the form of a brilliant silver Dramosian named T'thaalua. She was the camera operator for the same fictional company.

Mr. Bigmouth kept a specially encrypted signaling device on his person at all times. It was to be activated once Nick Wilde's part of the plan was ready to go.

-------------------------

(Winterville Tavern, Spire of Winter)

The tavern was busy with many people simply relaxing or chatting as well. In addition, to try and replenish the ship's coffers and to avoid alienating Hoolefar's government owing to the enormous amount of people who came with the ship and the sheer amount of real estate it took up, Captain Carson had allowed the ship to be used as a tourist attraction.

And it was quite popular with many of the crew regaling the tourists with tales of their adventures or showing off some trinkets they acquired from their travels. 

Of course, the tavern was popular as well with its inexpensive and delicious food. Even the Mawashiian outdoor kitchen got good business.

"For you, Mr. Wilde! It's the communications officer." One of the Orangutan workers shoved the phone into the Fox's hands before he headed back into the kitchen.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Junior and Diddy hugged them back, glad this situation was well and truly done with. Hopefully, anyway.
The boys perked up when they heard that someone else was buying.
"Pizza sounds great!" Junior said and Diddy nodded. "Oh and, uh, in light of all the money we now owe, can we have our first check?"
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 08:10:04 PM by LoyfeCycleProtector »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Certainly boys  stripetail said pulling out two cards ' these cards have 100000 doollars loaded onto them. you can spend that money any way you want.  after the 75000 deductions for bowser and the 5000 for marcus , Juniot you have 20000 left ' stripetail geatured and the card read 20000' ' Diddy you also have 20000 left after paying donkey and jerry ' stripetail said handing the cards over to them. " i'll automatically put your pay onto those cards come payday> so you now 20, 000 to spend. sPend as you like." He smiled.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Eric, Aimee, and Shakila finally reached the Spire of Winter after meeting a shopkeeper who didn’t get a happy ending.

“So, did the Captain explain what we’re supposed to do for quartering?” Shakila asked Aimee. “Are our old quarters still available?”

“Oh! You can room with me until you sort that out!” Eric bounced up and down happily. ‘I’ve never had roommates before, we can braid each other’s hair and play board games and leave a dry-erase board on the fridge where everyone can write down what groceries we need!”

Shakila immediately used her gun barrel to shatter the window of the nearest dormitory and opened the door from the inside. “Oh, what a bummer, guess we don’t have to do any of that Eric!” she replied hastily. “Looks like our old room, which is this room, is still available for us!”

Eric’s face slumped. “Ohhh, that’s really sad. Well, I suppose we can still schedule board game nights, I’ve got Settlers of Katan Legacy, and it’s pretty fun even though I opened all the packets you’re supposed to save until the rules say to unseal them.”

“Actually, Eric, me and Aimee are really tired, I think we need some time to settle into our new lives aboard the ship,” Shakila hastily ushered him out of the room before he could protest. “Oh my god, he has to be the most annoying person I’ve ever come across,” she groaned the second she locked the door, forgetting he could still hear through the broken window.

“Shakila, this isn’t even our old room,” Aimee pointed out. “It said right on the placard this room belongs to someone named Ziegler.”

“Well, they’re not here right now, right?” Shakila sat on the bed. “And look at this place, bed’s made and I don’t even see any luggage. They clearly aren’t using it.”

“But there’s only one bed,” Aimee protested. “I’m not sleeping with you.”

“We’ll think of something, my god,” Shakila groaned, collapsing backwards onto the pillow. “I wasn’t lying when I said I’m fricking exhausted, last thing I want is to get grilled about logistics. Now I’m taking a cat nap, you can worry somewhere else.”

Aimee rolled her eyes and left to see if she could find the on-ship bar.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 08:40:40 AM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Junior and Diddy high fived each other. "Alright! Let's get that pizza!"

---

The phone wasn't picked up until Usso was talking on the answering machine. He suspected that might be the case-- Mrs. Marbet had grown very reclusive after her son was born.
"Usso! Hello!" Marbet said on the end of the line. There was a sound of something being whipped. "I heard you were out on some big adventure. We've been so worried."
Usso gave a half-wince, half smile into the phone speaker. "I'm sorry for worrying you guys-- I'm fine."
"They're feeding you well?" she asked kindly. "You're not miserable?"
"They're treating me well out here," Usso said as he gripped the cloth of his jacket that lay over his heart. He had watched both his mother and father die horrible, violent deaths in the Zanscare war. Mrs. Marbet was the closest thing he had to a mother anymore. And she seemed to know it. "I-I really am sorry for leaving you all on such short notice, I know you could use my help with the baby around."
There was a muffled sniff at the other end of the line that made Usso's heart sink. "Oh, I'm doing just fine over hear," came the cheery response from Mrs. Marbet. "The baby is a big handful, yes, but Shakti and Suzy come by sometimes to help out. But even then, I wouldn't be much of an ace soldier if I couldn't handle one little kid around the house." There was a light laugh at the other end of the line. "Oh, but enough about me, I want to hear what you're doing out there! Shakti doesn't even know. NONE of us do."
"I know, and I'm sorry for that it's just... just a little hard to explain it all," Usso said. "But I AM doing well, I promise."
"Are you sure? I know you brought the V2 with you. I just guessed that means you were doing some kind of military detail."
"... Kind of," Usso said as he held his forehead. "It's just guard duty. I'm not asked to go and seek out anyone to fight. I wouldn't even want to."
"Is your CO giving you trouble?" Usso clenched his teeth as the response 'No more than Oliver did' bubbled up and he crushed it before it could leave his lips. "Oh no, he's very nice. Very wise-- I wish you could meet him. There's a lot of folks out here I wish you could meet. So many interesting people from all walks of life."
"...That does sound interesting," Mrs. Marbet said, a note of sadness in her voice. Haro had stopped bouncing and chirping behind him, noticing Usso's grip on the phone was getting shakey. "Mrs. Marbet?... Y-you're not, uh... Y-you're not feeling too lonely, right?"
It was a question he had planned not to ask. He didn't want her know how much he worried about her. There was a slight pause, and the sound of something being wipped. Another muffled sniff.
"No no no, your little farm is just down the road. I'm never really alone out here."
Usso bit his lip. "... I could come home," he said. "I-if you need it. If you ARE lonely. I know raising the baby alone must be so hard without Oliver." There. He said it. He felt like he had to: the only chance he had at an honest answer was if he was being honest himself.
Mrs. Marbet answered with a slightly shaky voice. "I-it is a little hard, I won't lie," she said, and this time she gave a sniff that she didn't bother to hide. "Maybe I am lonely some days... well... maybe more than just some. But I know what you're doing with all this money you're sending in. I couldn't ask you to come back just for my sake." There was a sad laugh at the other end of the line. "I'm not even sure you coming back would help, if you know what I mean."
A few tears fell down Usso's face. "But... what you CAN do," Mrs. Marbet said, her voice starting to break, "Is promise me, from the bottom of your heart, that you'll come back to us in o-one piece. Can you do that, Usso? And promise to keep it? I... I don't want to lose anyone else." There was a slight sob at the end of the line, and the sound of a baby starting to cry in the background.
"We've lost so much. I don't... I don't think I'm fit to lose anyone else. Please. Promise you'll come back alive. Even if it means having to run from a battle to survive."
Usso wiped tear that were now streaming freely down his face. "I-I'll come back, Mrs. Marbet. I promise. Nothing b-bad's gonna happen."
"... I guess that's all I can ask for. Stay safe, Usso. Call me if you ever need anything, I'll do my best to help."
"I will. Thanks, Mrs. Marbet."
"My pleasure. Goodbye. See you soon, I hope."
"Bye."
Usso hung up and cried openly while Haro looked on, puzzled.

---
From the Diary of Dr. Roy Curien

February 9th

Vertebrate trials have been very stressful on the staff. We started with lizards, then mice, then bats, then moved our way up to primates. It’s not that the tests have been unsuccessful: quite the contrary. They’ve been astoundingly successful: almost anything dead we inject with these genes as well as a few factory cells to house the protein synthases will come back to life.
But they don’t come back to life gently. Both of our working strains seem to instill extreme aggression into any multicellular organism that is revived. The instant they come back to life, they shriek and snarl and try to attack the researchers with terrible ferocity. Given that they have substantially increased physical strength after the resurrection, this has become a serious safety issue for our technicians. One of them was mauled pretty badly. It has everyone spooked.
We’ve begun the habit of doing automatic injects with a robot arm behind heavy plexiglass. Thankfully they don't seem to show any aggression what so ever towards each other—even if they were predators and prey of each other in life—so we’ve been able to house many individuals together in the same pens. The plexiglass also helps hide the shrieks. And the smell.

We’re also preparing for the inevitable full sequence resurrection of The Chariot. One of our techs brought up a novel solution to keeping the Chariot both protected and less upsetting to look at for the rest of the staff. He has a hobby of welding together historical armor, and he offered to come up with a suit that would bind to the Chariot’s theoretical dimensions. Today, he showed me the final design. I wish he made a design that didn’t look so sinister, but it will do well enough for how little we planned to leave the thing alive. The gas mask was a good design choice—with how high its body temperature will be, its mere body heat could end up being an actual fire hazard, even when we have it completely restrained. It should at least be a step up from what it would end up looking like without any covering on it. We’re bleeding talented staff—as silly as it seems, anything that would put my worker’s minds at ease is welcome. Even a suit of knight’s armor.
I saw that my tech had also scratched out a drawing for something else one the back of the design sheet he handed me. Some kind of weapon. When I pointed it out, and he said that was simply a weapon from his own collection: a historical axe-like polearm from Russia called a bardiche. For how big the Chariot is, it would be able to weild it like a hatchet. He claimed he only put it in the design as an artistic flair.
I told him to bring this bardiche of his to the mansion anyway. Obviously we’re not going to let the Chariot get anywhere near a deadly weapon like that for the short time that we’ll have it alive, but I can think of a few other uses for it. It would certainly help in cutting up some of these bodies we’ve been sneaking out of the cemetery.

And, of course, partial sequence human trials are coming up soon. We can only hope for the best. I don't expect it, but I can hope.

We’ve also successfully gotten two of our other strains to sustain cellular restoration Type-6803 and Type-0028. It was a bit less exciting than when we had gotten the Chariot and Hangedman strains to work, but there was still cause for celebrations. Our techs all agreed that we should name them the same way we had before. Sampson brought out his deck again, and soon we had two names: The Hermit and The Fool. Since Type-6803 was based on spider DNA, and spiders tend to be loners, we gave it The Hermit name, while the sloth based Type-0028 was given the name of The Fool. I suppose we’ll run through every name in the tarot deck at this rate. It doesn’t matter, I suppose: the important thing is that the two strains work, and can begin invertebrate testing with spiders and leeches.

I haven’t been sleeping well. I imagine a lot of us aren’t. But while my staff probably have nightmares of zombies and the awful test subjects we’ve been concocting under the mansion, I dream of Daniel’s death. It’s the same dream, over and over, and each time its feels so real.
We must succeed with this research. We MUST succeed!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 06:23:15 PM by LoyfeCycleProtector »

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nick Wilde eagerly took the phone and was quickly able to get into the voice he had whenever he pulled off one of his past business ventures. "Matsui, how are you?" he asked the communications officer on the other end of the line. "You're sounding as lovely as ever. Say, it would work out great for all of us if you let me be a translator and have the events broadcast in Zootopia. That would bring great ratings. And, if possible, could I advertise my pub?" he all said very charmingly.

"Let's get to the lunch spot, shall we?" Oliver asked his friends,"I'm getting hungry." The kitten's mind was filled with images of many different meats. All of which he could go for right now.

Kiara strutted up and down the beach like there was a runway for models already set up. "Do you boys like what you see?" she asked, eager to hear their takes on the Kovu-based attire. She had a gut feeling the response would be positive.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
alright Nick, ease off the charm. Save it for the dreadzone officials, you'll need it " Matsui said " If you want to sponsor some of the official broadcasts then go ahead. it will cost you though,  theres no such thing as free advertising on Dramos, everything is paid for.  You can be a translator just do a good job. we take professionalism seriously here, Mr wilde. no goofy stuff' Matui said ' your lodgings are  at  dreadzone comfort inn on floor 4. just ask for the Key. good luck Nick" matsui said.
-
 luca was walking atound the  shopping cednter of hoolefar looking for something to buy for the kids. hmm " i'll need to get something for Oliver" she went through her coin opurse and frowned ' Dart.. i dont have much money left, only 100 coinss' she sighed ' well, might as well go see if they have anything for sale." she said as she jhewaded into a nearby store. 
_ tiger guided the 4 kids to the nearest resteraunt. ' table for 6 please ' Tioger said ' we'll have 2 stragglersa come in late." he said to the waiter who led them to a booth and gave them menus.
-
 The guys gathered around the volleyball court, clapped as cheered as Sima and Kiara showed off.
-
 Arlene and kitty plowed intio the pyramid sticking their heads out like sphinxes.
 Vushu began the seciond part f the ceremony ( there were 3 in in all) by having the new recruits rtap each other on the shoulder with staves as she read incantations. the sticks wre not light either, and were meant to test  physical strength and endurance.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Well, let's see what they have here..." Dr. Zanasiu was in the shopping district of Hoolefar. Everything from food to tourist goods and clothes were available. He raised his eyebrows as he saw a magic shop.

Curiosity overtook him and he entered the shop. The scent of incense, wood and dust permeated the air. Most of the goods were scrolls with mysterious runes on them. But there was a section that was labeled as being for non-magicals. The Human entered the section and was confronted with a variety of jewelry, staves and even weapons.

What caught his eye was the the rack of greyish pills inside glass containers. A sign atop them proclaimed that they were "lodestone pills gauranteed to stop passive and mind magic". Dr. Zanasiu picked up one of the bottles. To his surprise, they were much heavier than expected.   

------------------

(Dreadzone)

Vox was in his office tallying up the proceedings of the recent fights. Of course, Chong would get a cut of the cash but there was so much that it didn't really matter.

He smiled and spread out his arms wide. "Gentlemen," he said, addressing the executives. "It appears that our partnership with Chong has proven to be most profitable. Indeed, we're sitting at half a trillion bolts!"

One of the executives quickly tallied something up and showed it to Vox. "Excuse me, that was just live ticket sales alone. Coupled with the merchandising and collectables that Chong has been turning out along with the subscriptions, we're easily over two trillion."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 02:28:37 AM by Serris »

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Jing King and Tigress unlocked the door to their room at the hotel in Dreadzone. "For a place that's not exactly friendly, these accommodations look fine," the panda noted. There were many tvs to watch the fights that were taking place on and around the planet, and a mini-fridge and bar.

"Hmmm, looks like they have something I can use for a canvas," she smirked, "So I can make more drawings of Po when we're not working." She stored the ones she had with her in a drawer.

After letting the guys get a good view of them, Kiara turned to Sima. "How about we go for a swim? The water's nice," she told the sumo lioness. She made a running start towards the end of the beach.

Meanwhile, in their respective arenas, Carmelita and Neyla were brought out to fight once again. Carmelita still had her shock pistol, Neyla, her whip.

"I'll reduce you all to dust!" Carmelita vowed through gritted teeth. She was determined to make those who captured her pay when this was over.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Hoolefar)

The bottle of lodestone pills in question had nothing that gave any clue as to the ingredients, only boasting about "all natural minerals" and a warning not to consume more than one pill per day. Dr. Zanasiu picked up one of the surprisingly heavy glass bottles and carried it up to the countertop.

The clerk rang it up and Dr. Zanasiu paid with some bolts (he'd converted his money to bolts previously). "So, what's in this stuff?" the Human asked.

The Hoolefoid who was currently behind the register simply gave a smile. "Sorry, that's a trade secret. But I can promise you that these pills will block passive spells, mind reading and mind control."

The Human paid up and put the pills into his satchel. He made a note to have the science bay analyze them.

---------------------------

Dr. Kerzach was taking a break from sand fencing and enjoying some pineapple juice at a open air bar. Two burly men sat next to him. A vague unease settled over the Cassowary and he got up to go to the bathroom.

The two men got up and followed him.

What followed next was an extremely loud brawl inside the bathroom that ended with one dead bounty hunter, a destroyed bathroom covered in blood and three other hunters bundling the Cassowary into the storage compartment of a repulsorsled.

---------------------------

A group of three Spirarian personnel entered Stripetail's room. The one in the middle was clearly one of the science personnel as he had the insignia of the science and engineering corps on his uniform. He was carrying a briefcase that was chained to his belt. The two men flanking him had rifles at the ready.

"Lord Stripetail," the middle officer said. "We have a delivery of some magical goods. The science section has been hard at work combining space-age materials and techniques with magical items." He then then unchained the briefcase and opened it.

Nestled inside the foam were a set of five wands -- all of which were encased in black carbon-fiber reinforced resin, one had two metallic plates at the rear -- and what looked like a miniature cauldron that shone with a dull metallic luster. There was also a piece of paper that read:

From left to right:

Wand #1 - synthetic single crystal diamond core grown in a 150 Mth magical field, coated with an ion deposited 30 nm thick layer of Weyardian orichalcum encased in a carbon fiber reinforced epoxy shell

Wand #2 - carbon fiber reinforced epoxy with multiple embedded 50 μM strands of Weyardian orichalcum

Wand #3 - synthetic single crystal diamond core doped with Weyardian mithril and grown in a 150 Mth magical field encased in a carbon fiber reinforced epoxy shell

Wand #4 - synthetic single crystal diamond core doped with Weyardian orichalcum, grown in a 150 Mth magical field and attached to Weyardian orichalcum magic gathering plates at rear. Crystal assembly is coated with a 50 nm of gold via ion deposition. Encased in a carbon fiber reinforced epoxy shell

Wand #5 - laser cut Skylander sapphire core set in a Weyardian orichalcum-gold alloy, encased in a carbon fiber reinforced epoxy shell

Cauldron - Machined from a single block of platinum-iridium alloy.

"We look forward to your feedback and advice on these items. Good say, sir." The science officer saluted.

-------------------

(Dreadzone)

Mr. Bigmouth and the rest of the crew were handed press kits by the Dreadzone personnel as they were ushered to their rooms.

Ms. Swimmer blinked slowly as she laid eyes on the room. The furnishings were understated but incredibly tasteful with shiny matte black surfaces evocative of marble and gold highlights. Exotic plants served as a accent to the room. "Wow," she said. "They really went all out."

Mr. Bigmouth opened the press kit. Inside were some pieces of armor or weapons from the previous fights. They were all encased in plastic and had a certificate of authenticity and a little bio about the fighter. Of course, there were also cosmetics and food. The Saurolophus looked at one of the horn polishes that was in his kit. It was an extremely expensive Dramosian brand that boasted about containing "enchanted diamond dust".

Apparently, the kits were all custom made for each and every press group.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 03:46:08 PM by Serris »

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Dr. Ziegler looked approvingly at the shiny golden staff and gun encased in her press kit. "I'll feel wasteful using these on the battlefield, but my do they look nice," she nodded approvingly. "I guess I need to get into the mind of a gladiator."

Dr. Hapsburg scoffed playfully. "Ou'rageous. Who'd ever heard o' using gold ter make a weapon? Ye wouldn' catch me inna hun'red years wi' one o' those--" he broke off as he opened his own presskit to see gilded variants of his own firearms. "Holy cripe! Wouldja look a tha shine on this thing?" he gasped, grabbing his new nailgun. "These are comin' wit me!"
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:33:42 PM by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thank you Gentlemen " stripetail said taking out the first wand and running his claws over it. " this must have taken the department several weeks to create the condition necessary to create and power these wands. Truthfully it has been several thousand years since i used a wand, i prefer my trusty staff, But I will definitely try these out. The weynardian elements provide immense magical power, even touching a wand like this would be very dangerous for a lesser mage. the magic in these wands are palpable." he said running his claws over one then the next ' each has their own aura, the mythril one, for instance can create armor and weapons that are nearly completely resistant to wear and tear, and not even a bullet could penetrate amor  created from the wand. ' he reached in his pockert and pulled out three smalls bags of gold ' a tip, for all 3 of your gentlemen. have a drink or two on me ' Stripetail said, " thank you, and keep up the good work. '
 One of the hunters gazed at the blooded, unconscious bound and gagged Kerzach with a snarl. ' bastard is lucky this chong wants these blokes alive for his fights ' " He pulled out a communicator ' Subject 87- Kerzach, is been captured and  is en route. Have a cell ready for him, and our pay. Ornac is dead, the bastard slit his throat with a sharp  shard from a bathroom sink.  our next targets include 103- po, 135, bentlry, and 201 sly.  we'll make contact as soon as they are in cuustody. dispitach team 12 , out"
-
 We actually have loadws of drinks here Tigeress said, pulling out some expensive looking bottles ' hmm' most of this stuff seems to be imported friom Dranmos. " The dragoness said.
 Dixie and Gabuna entered theior rooms and theor mouths feel open at the opulent surroundings ' wow, these Holovision folks must make a fortune" Gabuna said " all about buying good press" dixie said as she looked at the gift bag left to them, inside include things like Scale fliers. mints to make fire turn different colors. cynder-W and Cynder-S entered , looking at the room they would share with Gabuna and Dixie.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Hoolefar)

"Thank you very much. Actually, the hardest part was growing the synthetic diamonds. It takes 150 hours to grow the diamond cores. And only 5% of the cores are wand quality. We are in the process of converting the failed cores into jewelry and other magical items," the scientist said. "Our next project is forging something we found on Weyard known as stardust. Analysis shows it to be an iridium alloy that was exposed to the intense magic and radiation flux of the planet's sun. Currently, we are using the fusion furnace in the industrial sector to work with it. We shall keep you up to date." The scientist saluted and left the room with his guards.

It was then that a message from the Vaalbarans and Weyardians was received. They had settled on their new planets and with the help of the numerous supplies and vendors of the Polaris Galaxy, they'd be terraforming it to suit their needs.

--------------------------------

"So we part ways now?" Sveta said as she and the other Weyardian guests met with Captain Carson. There were shuttles to take them to New Weyard.

"I am afraid so, Queen Sveta," Captain Carson said. "However, I must thank you for your assistance."

"It is us who should thank the seer," Amiti said. "For he has saved Weyard and its treasures. But regardless, we shall keep in touch, no matter how far apart we are."

Tyrell shuffled his feet. "Yeah, all the mushy stuff aside, I had to admit, it was a great adventure going with you guys." He then smiled. "Oh, beat the s--- out of that bastard Chong for us, will you?"

"It would be our honor." Captain Carson and her group of Spirarians all saluted and the Weyardians returned the salute just before they boarded the shuttle that would be piloted by Captain Carson to New Weyard.

-------------------

(Dreadzone)

Shouts were heard as the auctioneer displayed a tasteful black marble plinth with a smoldering piece of wreckage with the distinct thunderbolt roundel on it. "Do I hear five million bolts for our living F-22's tail fin?"

Someone shouted about a bid and soon, a bidding war erupted.

--------------------

Meanwhile, in the next room over, a much more subdued conversation was had with one of Drobot's bladegears being sold. The projectile itself was scorched and twisted, evident that it had been used against Amaria, striking her metallic wings.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 Stripetail activated the mewsage and the image of the Weynardian leaders- with the exceptionof King wo _ appeared before him " so I take it this means you are preparing to settle on the new world then? I wish you all the best of luck " If you rever ned me , use the communicator i gave you Sveta. I'll reach you as soon as i can' Stripetail said.
-
 Chong led Hailey over to a a large area where several huge ships were docked and were listed for sake ; chong was looking for a warship with top notch defenses, one that could tear other ships into pieces within seconds. these were all very expensive, of coutrrse, but chong had garmers so much money from the fights (nearly 7 billion bolts) that he could afford the best.
- You know that Toger i technically a god, right?' Kitty said to Arlene/ ' so basically, he cant be charged for anything under mortal rules. ' So beating people up, pulling down their pants, robbing banks, whatever. he cant be touched." so how many, er worshippers of Toger-God are there?" about 70 or so . but they do have a church, with masses every Sunday  nd therees an all you can eat buffe t on wednesdays. The mice thee make Excellent food,.' Kitty said.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 12:59:09 AM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A food cart came over towards Tiger, Kitty, and Arlene. "Can I get you fine felines any food?" the bear operating the stand asked politely, "You especially look hungry sir."

"Indeed I am," Tiger nodded, then he looked down at Arlene. "How about you and Oliver become believers?" he asked with a friendly chuckle. He enjoyed being considered a god back home.

Jing was setting up the listening device she used to hear what came from the bug placed in Po's room. "Shall we listen in on my beloved future husband's exploits while we wait for the next phase of our assignment?" she asked Tigress.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"We are preparing to settle on new world," Sveta said. She held up the communicator. "Communicator will be in central place in New Weyard  for all to use in the event of emergency."

"We shall keep in touch," Amiti said with a dip of his head.

"Well, I guess it's goodbye for now," Tyrell added.

Karis said nothing but bowed to Stripetail in a gesture of farewell.

With their farewells said, the group boarded the shuttle and the vessel slowly lifted off and headed into space.

--------------------------

King Wo walked along the corridors of the ship he had taken residence on. As the ship was a Dramosian royal vessel, the crew treated him as befitting his status. His dour expression changed as he saw news that New Weyard was now habitable and Kaocho was being rebuilt.

He snapped his fingers. "Servants!" he barked. "While I enjoyed the luxury and beauty of this vessel, it is time that I return to my people. Fetch me a craft to take me to this New Weyard." Of course, he wisely left out saying that this ship was much nicer than the Spire, seeing as the Dramosians might not appreciate an ally being insulted in such a manner.