The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What would life be without LBT?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If The Land Before Time never existed, what do you think your life would be like?

To be honest, a part of me doesn't want to imagine such a thing.  You see, The Land Before Time has taught me a lot of things in life and I probably wouldn't have learned those lessons without it.

On top of that, this forum would not have existed and the friends that I have here wouldn't have helped me through the life problems I have dealt with.  Let's just say you guys gave me more courage than I expected.  This forum has changed my life for the better in so many ways.

To be honest, regardless of what it would be like, I probably wouldn't want a life without The Land Before Time.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well life would have sucked pretty bad as a kid, as LBT was one of the only decent movies out there.  As infrequently as I watch TV now, it would have been MUCH worse had LBT never came along.  That and the fact that I never would have found this forum or met any of you guys.  This forum has changed me a lot these past few years; changed me for the better I think.  It's helped push me to my limits over the years, and I'm very grateful for that.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
It would make little difference to me. It was a good series, but it isn't like nothing else good was on. When I was in the prime age demographic for the LBT series, I was a far bigger fan of the Power Rangers. Sadly, that series has ended as well.  :blink:

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I would have had a pretty lame childhood if Land Before Time never existed. These movies have been with me my whole life. They made me into who I am today. They were what sparked my creativity. I'm glad that these movies are a part of my life. I'm glad Littlefoot and the others are a part of my life. They have been more my friends than most of my RL friends. They've been part of me since I was born. And I hope that when I do have kids, that the gang can become a part of their lives too.

God, I think I almost teared up.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I wouldn't have the love I have right now and I think that's the major difference.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
If LBT wouldn't exist, I wouldn't be an artist. :( And drawing became a big part of my life by now.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Even attempting to imagine life without LBT makes me tear up.  I've always had problems with not making many in-person friends and was the quiet kid, so like Animeboye, the Gang have been considered good pals to me from the start.  I hate how a good number of folks who knew me through the years believed my love of LBT was detrimental to my life :anger.  It has been anything but detrimental.  I think it turned me into who I am today, especially my association with Cera.  She's a character I always wanted to be more of since I was a kid, but only in recent years have I grown a big enough pair to let her side of me come out more.  It was only a matter of time before I got sick of others pickin' on me.  I did not want society to turn me into a prissy stereotypical female, and having Cera and the LBT series around helped me keep my tomboyish characteristics.

My interests in writing and drawing would have never been as strong without the Gang.  I have written many adventures that I've gone on with them, as well as many AU stories about them as humans going on adventures and even the same things humans go through (things like marriage, school, work, kids, etc.).  My family believes it has been an outlet through the years for me to escape this world and get lost in my imagination.  They also believe it has helped me remain sane, and I think so too.  My writing and drawing abilities have always been considered advanced for my age, and I'm self-taught in drawing.  I would've never pushed myself as hard in these areas if it weren't for the existence of the Gang.

Also, if it weren't for LBT, the GOF wouldn't be here and I would not have the great friends I have here.  The GOF has changed me so much, including my battle with depression.  When I got over my fear of rejection and joined the GOF, the friendly and compassionate reception I received literally changed this overnight.  I finally found a group that not only could I associate with, but also one who was willing to accept me.  This really helped me get my mental health under better management.  It just felt that, for the first time, there was a group of friends who truly accepted me for who I am instead of seeing me as a weirdo or a quack.  I have also grown up a lot since joining in that I have become much better at respecting others' opinions and not jumping to conclusions so quickly about others.  

That being said, I am forever thankful to my Creator for placing me in the same age LBT was created :yes.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It would be an entirely different world order :p
It is amazing how small and insignificant events can change the life of hundreds. If it hadn't been for me watching LBT 2 when it was aired on TV in December 1998 I would have never had my LBT renaissance. This would not have affect the founding of the N54 LBT forum as I had no part in its founding, but I dare say that the place would not have grown so active. It was there that Adam and I got to know each other. I cannot speak for Adam of course, but I don't know if the GOF had been founded if it hadn't been for our contact which in turn would have taken the GOF element out of everybody's life here. I am sure there are countless other little things that could have changed the course of everybody's life here in ways which we cannot measure.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Just think how many other lives we've affected through LBT.  Malte, buying that huge LBT collection of yours gave people jobs and helped people feed their families.  Heck, everything LBT related that we've ever bought has affected people.  It even goes as far as affecting the owner and workers at GoDaddy, where TheLandBeforeTime.org domain name is registered.  It's only $15 a year, but it still affects people.

If you've ever stood in line to purchase LBT merchandise in a store, you've affected someone.  Who knows?  Someone might have run into the love of their life because you were stalled in line buying an LBT movie.  Had you not been stalled, they might have never met their future spouse.  What we do affects so many people.  It's a wonder the world can even go on like this.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Honestly, I would not be me. LBT (7) was HUGE for me as a little kid, and now that I think about it, the series made THE biggest impact on my life. I don't think I'd even know who Michael York was at all if it wern't for the series and I would still have no idea who my favorite actor was.

My art would NEVER be as great as it is now if it weren't for LBT's big influence...I just don't want to imagine what else would happen if it had never existed.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I can imagine it all right now.  This fanchise was so great back when I was a kid still going good so far,  but it would be a big gap in my life if I would have never meant talking dinosaurs infact I wouldn't have know dinosaurs actually exsisted so I thank LBT for helping me realizing that, not to mention meeting people like you guys who liking the show also.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
To tell you the truth, without LBT and would've turned out to be very different person then I am now, I wouldn't be as creative and wouldn't try writing and I wouldn't be anywhere near as mature as I am today,heck, I would've ended up like those kids who listen to rap music and talk dirty and act like the world is theirs, let's just say if I never watched the original  Land Before Time when I was four it would've affected a large part of who I am, let alone my life.

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said.

It was LBT that ignited my creative spark, eventually leading me to fan fiction writing. It was LBT with which I constructed my first real daydreams. And of course, it was LBT that got me here.

I owe it to Don Bluth and Co. for bringing me a part of my life that I'd just feel empty without. :)

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
I would go crazy. That's all I need to say. Don't even ask what would happen if AOFW (The Animals of Farthing Wood) was never made. I'd go more than crazy. :crazy

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pretty dull, at least I would still be able to watch The Secret Of NIMH, Rescuers, Animals Of Farthing Wood, Redwall, The Prince Of Egypt etc. If those were never made, then life would be horrible.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ I consider it likely though that most of us would have found something else to devote time and enthusiasm to. It is not like our lives were determined exclusively by this franchise (and there is no disrespect in saying that it's quite a relief that they are not).

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
I probably would have never become a writer. Life would suck that is until 1996 then that would be a different story.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
In direct response to the original post, and I know I speak for us all when I say this: Oh HELL no!!!

Though, seriously, I don't really know how different I'd be, but I think there'd definitely be a void somewhere in there. For one thing, LBT was the beginning of my dinosaur craze when I was a child. I don't know what I would have obsessed over for so many years without it.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
IF their was no LBT their would be no GOF, no cartoons influenced from LBT, and their would be no interest in dinosaurs among many people.

Just sayin'...

;)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, to be honest my childhood sucked epicly and LBT was my only escape from the real world, so if it never existed...I don't even want to think about it. It's too horrible! Sometimes when I think about dates and times before 1988 when the original was realised I wonder what was the world like before land before time?  And most kids will probably agree that they've watched LBT at least once in their lifetime.  I really think my childhood would've sucked more than it already did without LBT. Oh my gosh! I just realized something! If there was no LBT...there would be no GOF and I wouldn't be talking to you right now. In fact nobody here would.