The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Really, YouTube!? Really!?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
YouTube, I don't know when it's going to be, but one day you will destroy everything you built.  Something's going to break you, everyone will leave, the site will die and you will have no one to blame but yourselves.

YouTube has messed up again, everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3S7opQyA5I

Seriously, if it wasn't for those I'm subscribed to, I'd leave, no question asked.  Once those I'm subscribed to get wise and leave, I'll leave.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
A really concerning thing about this is that any review on YouTube could now be considered copyright infringement, as how do you review something without using the product's name?  If anything situations like this is why the United States needs a "loser pays" legal system where the loser of a legal case pays all of the legal fees.  Such a system would help to discourage situations like this where a richer company can afford to make frivolous claims as they know that they will hurt the other person more even in the event that they lose due to legal fees.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
They're just protecting users that's all no need to get bent out of shape

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: ADFan185,Nov 8 2016 on  09:06 AM
They're just protecting users that's all no need to get bent out of shape
How so? How is this Trademark Infringement Takedown policy, where a video can now be taken down just for having a similiar name even if it has nothing at all to do with someone else using the same name (like in the video, the 'infringing' Food Chasers was not doing the same thing as the app Food Chasers, if I heard right) "protecting users"? How exactly is this helpful?

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
This just makes it way too easy to remove videos that people don't like by abusing the copyright system.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's kinds sad YouTube takes the side of the other person with the same name.

retrorobby

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.retrorobby.com
This doesn't surprise me at all. I had a feeling that they would do something like this. Youtube/Google are guilty for doing a lot of stupid things. It just makes you wonder what they will do next in the future.

No really lets really think about this.