The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Help needed with image merging

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was trying to edit the new award banners I got into my signature only to encounter a board message because my signature will have too many pictures.

I have more images in my signature now than I'm allowed to and I therefore need to merge them into one image using some sort of program. I know Malte has done it but he's pretty much vanished. Anybody got some advice how to do it? I've tried paint but it only did weird stuff but not what I wanted...
Inactive, probably forever.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I can do it. Are they all here? Just gimme links

Edit: Here's
Here's a nice little block of your first twelve awards, I can add more or change the order if you want. Just let me know.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I can do it. Are they all here? Just gimme links
Hi, thanks for the offer :) luckily, rhombus caught me on skype and helped me out a little using the same method you used, apparently,  so the problem is now resolved, whew  ^^spike

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Seeing the merged image you have in your signature right now, it's not a bad start, but it could certainly use some improvement. Maybe it's because of my OCD, but I can easily see that the banners are not perfectly aligned, with overlap and gaps between many of them. Not to mention, the way they're arranged leaves a lot of black space that could be filled in more easily to make the combined image a little smaller.

I can see there are 13 banners to arrange, and I think the best arrangement would be 3x4 (or 4x3, depending on which way you want it to be) with the one leftover going in the middle of the bottom row.

Since you seem to be a little new to this, I would suggest asking someone to help you out with making the proper corrections to your image.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Here's an example of what Chronicler's talking about:

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I arranged them like this quite on purpose, sorting them after categories. It's true that they're not perfect yet but I'm happy with it. Though I'd rather see some way to resolve the issue with the image limit in the signature but I know it's a necessary feature to limit spammers meaning harm to the GoF...

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
If you'd like, I can edit out the black area so that there's a transparency behind it instead. That might help it look a little cleaner :)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
One problem is that your current system puts your signature well beyond the limit guidelines. For reference, a 5x3 rectangle of 15 awards can fit perfectly into the signature guidelines.

(Unrelated note, you're also qualified for the 2013 Member Joining award but aren't currently using it. Just making sure you knew)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you'd like, I can edit out the black area so that there's a transparency behind it instead. That might help it look a little cleaner smile.gif
That would be very kind of you :)

One problem is that your current system puts your signature well beyond the limit guidelines. For reference, a 5x3 rectangle of 15 awards can fit perfectly into the signature guidelines.
Yes, it is a little longer than it should be but there is nothing in my signature that I would want to leave out unless I am told to do so. I would really like to keep the current system of arrangement too, however I may have an idea how to resolve the size issue... instead of going for the current 4x6 system, I could turn it around, making it 6x4 so it spreads more horizontally rather than vertically. Since the banners themselves are arranged horizontally too, that would save a decent amount of space, wouldn't it?

(Unrelated note, you're also qualified for the 2013 Member Joining award but aren't currently using it. Just making sure you knew)
Dang! I totally forgot about that one  :blink:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 7 2017 on  04:58 PM
Yes, it is a little longer than it should be but there is nothing in my signature that I would want to leave out unless I am told to do so. I would really like to keep the current system of arrangement too, however I may have an idea how to resolve the size issue... instead of going for the current 4x6 system, I could turn it around, making it 6x4 so it spreads more horizontally rather than vertically. Since the banners themselves are arranged horizontally too, that would save a decent amount of space, wouldn't it?
Like this?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
yeah... that's exactly how I meant it to look like... but it's a little too big, isn't it?  :unsure:

Maybe we should combine Fanart, RPG and Joining Award into one to resolve this?