The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Interests

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
I had like Land Before Time for several reasons, so I like to explain.

1. Character Development- The Animated graphics of the dinosaurs used in the series fascinates me in more ways than one. I mostly favor the longnecks for their size and how they appear. Universal is a great animated company. In many scenes, the characters change size and look. Littlefoot is the same size of a adult longneck foot and the same size of a longneck leg. He is the biggest of the group though. Adult Longneck sizes raises my interests. Those including Littlefoot's mother, Grandpa and Grandma longneck, The Old One, Doc, Bron, Sue, Dara, Saro, Pat, and the others. Also the kids, Ali, Littlefoot, Rhett, and Shorty. Longneck sizes are great in massive qualities of size.

2. It's Originality- The series dates back to 1988. At that time, it was just 1 movie. Starting in 1994, there had been 13 sequels and 26 episodes. That's makes 40 works of Land Before Time. Next year is the 30th anniversary of the first film.

3.Backgrounds- The great valley is shown as a "Dinosaur's Home" to them. It's almost like a national park. The song is true what they say "It's a peaceful valley".

4.Adventures- Unlike Bambi, Land Before Time goes on more adventures. Either in the great valley, the mysterious beyond, or other places.

5.Lessons- If parents think, Land Before Time has some lessons on life and friendship.

6.The people who worked on it- Famous celebrates Geroge Lucas and Steven Spielberg worked on the first movie with Don Bluth. It was Steven's idea for Land Before Time after saying he wanted to make a bambi movie with dinosaurs.

7. Ongoing Actors- Over the years, there had been many actors who voiced in the series. Some of them kept going on, no matter how old they were. Of all the gang of 7, Littlefoot is the only one to be voice by child actors. Chomper does not count because he was voiced by Rob Pulson, then 37, in the 2nd movie.

8.This website- The Gang of Five is truly a good place for many LBT fans to hang out with each other. I favor this place.

9.Legacy- I hope it's legacy goes on. Recently, I bought the complete box set from Walmart. It has all 14 movies, but not any of its 26 episodes. They should've had the episodes in the box set.

10. The fanfiction stories, ideas, thoughts, talks, and conversations of members or fictional humans becoming dinosaurs. When I first looked at the Gang Of Five roleplays and fanfictions, I have a strong interest in one thing: The transformation of Humans into dinosaurs. I had visions/thoughts of me becoming a longneck. I think the question "What if I spent a day of my life as a dinosaur?". I know others would. I thank members on here for writing such great stories over the past 13 years. Looking at the earliest date on the site. More to come and more to enjoy...

Bonus: I like to treat every member on here with respect. Land Before Time gives me a sense of fun, freedom, hapiness, and peace that I use to have when I was a kid. Sometimes, I try to make peace with my past. It always works.

What do you think of my interests?

I will let any of you post your interests of Land Before Time in this topic.

Dracorider19

• Spike
  • If you wanna be great, let greatness surround you
    • View Profile
Well I like the idea of dinosaur characters of different species breaking the tradition that different species don't mix together. It shows how this "tradition" is also grounded in some form of prejudice and segregation, as Cera and her father display earlier in the film.
Also, I adore the amazing music composed by James Horner since it is done in a classical, emotionally moving and uplifting way, which fits the themes of the first LBT perfectly.

I can imagine those who grew up in the 1980s have a special spot for this film, given it was made when animation was going through a "renaissance."

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
The one thing I love about fanfiction is imagining the Land Before Time characters as anthropomorphic versions of themselves; and if they were placed into the 21st century. It's also fun for me to imagine which kind of music they would like and wouldn't like; just like humans.

What are your thoughts on which music Littlefoot and the gang, and their respective families would like and wouldn't like if they were living in the 21st century? This is just a thought that I had in my mind for a while.

I certainly don't see Topsy liking any of the new, popular music.

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot fan 1990,May 30 2017 on  09:27 PM
The one thing I love about fanfiction is imagining the Land Before Time characters as anthropomorphic versions of themselves; and if they were placed into the 21st century. It's also fun for me to imagine which kind of music they would like and wouldn't like; just like humans.

What are your thoughts on which music Littlefoot and the gang, and their respective families would like and wouldn't like if they were living in the 21st century? This is just a thought that I had in my mind for a while.

I certainly don't see Topsy liking any of the new, popular music.
I don't know what music they would listen to. Probably adventure music

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe they'd be open minded to the music and they will like a little bit of everything

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,May 31 2017 on  12:35 PM
Maybe they'd be open minded to the music and they will like a little bit of everything
Like a little bit in everything? Is it just music or something else?

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It means to like all gerne's of music

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
For me there are many reasons I adore The Land Before Time franchise. It was an alternative to the most malevolent and guilty pleasure of the Jurassic Park Films that made dinosaurs real, but Land Before Time made them loveable. It acted as foil, an opposite to JP/JW, allowing for tender moments and even gave the Herbivores more major roles (JP thrives on Carinvores, I think Sharptooth and the Sharpteeth watch Jurassic Park on loop lol).

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Rustam

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Social Network Profile
3) As for me, Great Valley always be a place like a Heaven. :angel  Or a Promise Land. Or a place that gives salvation.

8) I agree! :yes

One of the main reasons why I love LBT is my childhood memories. As a child, I felt a strong spiritual affinity for the Littlefoot. He was always a role model for me.
Another reason is an excellent soundtrack, which did not bother me even after 20 years of listening.  :)
Forever in the past.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I do love a lot of the songs from the movies. They're quite awesome and very enjoyable to listen to. And they have good meanings behind the lyrics.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I loved the landscapes, especially in Saurus Rock, The Stone of Cold Fire, Journey Through the Mists, and Journey of the Brave. The backgrounds, like in Video Games like Super Mario World to the Land Before Time series are real important to me, they set the mood, and are in way another character that brings more life to the characters that interact with it. I have always enjoyed the LBT films where the journey in Mysterious Beyond is less archaic (volcanic and desert), and incorporates mountain ranges, woods, and underground rivers.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith