The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RP about the adventures and everyday shenanigans of Tricia's gang?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This idea came up after @OwlsCantRead published his recent short story set in the TSH universe. I just wanna see if there is a general interest in the idea of writing a RP about Tricia and her unlikely friends basically replacing and taking the place the Gang of Five/Seven used to claim, going on adventures and having their shenanigans, perhaps in an episodic style similar to the TV-series which longer adventures embedded in the narrative.

It's just an idea so let me know if you are interested in the project at some point in the future (not sure if some fellow rpers can tackle more projects at the moment which certainly applies to me)
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Hmm, I might be interested! Could be cool to explore changes in the valley and the dynamics of a new set of dinosaurs.

UnionRags123

• Member+
  • Spike
  • AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB
    • View Profile
I like this idea!

I'm interested in possibly taking a minor role...if there are any :lol
AAMBDDGLGLLLMMMOOPRSSSSB

Major kudos to anyone who figures out what that means :)

I will find ways to make sure “lol dino” is in all of my posts :lol

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I don't mind! The ranks of Tricia's gang is almost entirely filled with cheeky rascals. :p
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sweet Jesus, the RPs are getting a lot of activity once all the planned projects are taking off. I guess let's wait a few more days (and recruit rhombus to help organize this as it's his story and his characters we'll be playing as :lol), see who else might be in and then start planning this in detail! :littlefootsmile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Agreed. Let's get the other RPs going first. Once that's taken care of, then we can get the ball rolling on this one.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would certainly be interested though my concern would be the persistent delays that some other RPs are experiencing due to inconsistent posting schedules. When there are numerous RPers in one RP this creates the potential for massive bottlenecks if one person does not post in many weeks. I think there would need to be some safeguards against this possibility for an RP like this to work in the long-term.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
It does start to raise some comments if the roleplay is not moving forward due to a problem such as Rhombus said. It would be wise in my opinion to set a specific schedule that is okay with everyone to avoid issues like this from ever emerging. Then again, that can also lead to shortcomings if not planned carefully while taking all aspects to account. Self-evident fact here is that we shouldn't rush this, as it is exactly like Rhombus pointed out concerning the other currently active roleplays and their future should we make a mistake in contemplation.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think we should establish a fair rule for this globally for our roleplays. The lax attitude we've had certainly helped my inconsistent activity in recent months to develop and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have happened if someone had kicked my ass for it. I'm trying to make up by giving the roleplay sub-forum some ideas and inspiration and as I said things should get moving again on the weekend from my end :nod

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe something like 'send reminder if two days late without warning' then 'three days' then skip?

Or have designated replacements for people? Like I am Grandma, but know I won't be online for three days (or am just not online without warning) and give her character to Rhombus for those days to allow for continued posting?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

I think we should establish a fair rule for this globally for our roleplays. The lax attitude we've had certainly helped my inconsistent activity in recent months to develop and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have happened if someone had kicked my ass for it. I'm trying to make up by giving the roleplay sub-forum some ideas and inspiration and as I said things should get moving again on the weekend from my end :nod

To be honest, you haven’t been too active on the forum in general, not just in the Role Play section. So, it’s certainly new and welcomed to see you participating more and engaging in discussions and forum games again. :yes

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

I agree. When I have some time after my work week is complete tomorrow I will run some ideas with all of you in the sudden change of species RP. Perhaps some of the ideas there might be suitable for other RPs as well.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.