The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spirited Away- Animal Style

Nick22 · 88 · 13507

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okie!  Here's my character!

Name: Mitushide Kagekuro
Nickname: Kuro
Species: Unidentified--Presumed to be some form of Youkai
Reason for visiting the Bathouse: Sensed a disturbing presence in the area.  Also, looking for ladies.

Appearance: Approximately 5'11", Kuro is an enigmatic spirit who usually remains shrouded in his black cloak and his head covering, usually leaving only his fox-like ears visible.  When he's not wearing his head cover, he instead opts for a large, wide-brimmed hat, leaving his pointed features and piercing brown eyes visible.  Very few have ever learned what lies beneath his cloak, and those who have...aren't telling.

Personality:  Kuro is a cheerful, outgoing young spirit, with a friendly streak a mile wide.  Sociable and genuinely kind, he's a frequent visitor to the bathhouse and a favorite of the workers due to his easygoing, low-maintenance personality.  A consummate flirt, he'll hit on any female that catches his eye, and is even charming to ones who don't.  

There are a variety of rumors surrounding him, due to his enigmatic nature, but he takes these in stride, even encouraging some of them to make himself more mysterious and difficult to figure out.

Despite his easygoing nature, when something becomes a threat to him, it is revealed that, whatever he is, he possesses fearsome skill with a blade, and always keeps at least one wrapped in his cloak.  When he fights, he abandons his lighthearted playboy mannerisms, becoming cold, relentless, and determined to do whatever he must to defeat the threats, including using underhanded tactics if he has to.

Additional Information:
The headwear he has suppresses his spiritual power, allowing him to seem weak to those around him.
Swords carried: Murasame, Ryu-no-ken, Kagekiri, and several more
Cloak seems to generate a bounded field where he stores his weapons, as several of them are too long to be hidden by just his cloak
Interested in Chromia.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think I'll give the Miao siblings the role of messengers for Zira who go around the bathhouse delivering letters/messages.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So are we all ready to start?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
By the way, I don't plan on using any OC's as of now.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Thats fine Belmont.. lets get this started shall we
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess I should post info on the character or characters I'm thinking of doing?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
if you want, thats fine..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Started the thread, and will build up the story as we go along..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Finally managed to set up a character sheet for my OC:

Name:Alan Amistad

Species:Human(probably the only one in the entire RP as far as I'm concerned)

Reason for visiting the bathhouse: Shelter

Discription: Alan Amistad is an orphaned young'un(his parents died when he was six), though he descends from a family who is known to have a strong connection to the spirit world and as a result, has witnessed many strange events in his life, however, when he enters the spirit realm, his life will never be the same again.

FCs I plan on using:

Farthing Wood: Fox, Badger, Adder, Kestrel, Weasel, Owl,Mole(cameo).

Secret Of NIMH: Mrs.Brisby, Jeremy(cameo)

Disney's Robin Hood: Robin Hood, Maid Marian, Sir Hiss(cameo)

Disney's Lady And The Tramp: Lady, The Tramp, Peg(cameo), Jock(cameo)

Spice and Wolf: Holo the wise wolf.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good to have you aboard Belmont..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks Nick. I ordered Spirited Away on Netflix a few days ago, it should be arriving tomorrow. Its been ages since I've seen that film.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
your characters are fine. although humans will be limited to your character as the resoidents of the bathhoiouses are either spirits or animals..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 31 2011 on  06:52 PM
your characters are fine. although humans will be limited to your character as the resoidents of the bathhoiouses are either spirits or animals..
That's the reason I decided to make him human. His role in the film is also similar to that of Chihiro's - at least when it comes to the fact that he's from the human world. Also, who could represent No Face(the creepy spirit who befriended Chihiro in the film's final act).

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kopa and kiara are filling the Chitotos roles.. but they can befriend Alan, as one of thier only links to the world they've left..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Funny thing is, I may give both Chihiro and No Face a brief cameo, just as a referance to the film.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
sure thats fine belmont
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

ChaoticMistress

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I will be unable to post in the RPG, but you can continue roleplaying without me though. And if you're wondering about the reason why I can't, please look at my "I'm back..." thread's latest post. It will answer at least one of your questions, since I will be unable to reply to your posts. >.<

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well once your folks pay for internet, you'll be able to join, and will be welcomed back..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Wocky

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Hi all! I'm thinking about maybe joining in with this, if that's cool with everyone! Here's my character: Sukki

It's been ages since I've seen Spirited Away, so if you have any advice on how I should join, please let me know! I wrote up a little profile using the headings brekclub posted...is this fine?

-

Name of char: Sukki
Spirit (or demon)/Mortal: Mortal
Species: Humanoid Cat
Personality: Naive, Cat-like, Curious, Playful, Difficult.

Reason for being at bathhouse: Sukki was sucked into the Spirit world many years ago, and has taken up permanent residency there, fulfilling her daily duties as a member of staff of the bathhouse. Well, she's supposed to anyway...she frequently bunks out of her job, and generally performs poorly even when she's doesn't run off. It's a wonder how she's still being kept on...