The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Film V discussion

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This topic is for discussion of film V.  (Not sure if there is a film discussion spot like there is for episodes of the TV Series.  If there is a film V discussion thread, it's probably way buried in there.  I'm creating this one.)

1.) Was any other area other than the Great Valley affected by the Leaf Gobblers?  It seems that Bron and Ali didn't get hit (that we know of) and the Mysterious Island seems to have its green still as did that one area.  

2.)  Was the Leaf Famine still in effect from the 1st movie and that made things more difficult as the Leaf Gobblers just made it worse?

3.)  Why does Chomper speak to his friends in Leaf Eater instead of speaking in Sharptooth, if only by mistake?  

4.)  Why doesn't Chomper just try and hide the kids till his parents have eaten something else and then bring the kids out to meet them?  Presumably, a Sharptooth that is full or full enough won't kill Leaf Eaters for no reason.  

5.)  One gets the impression that had the kids not hid, Chomper was naive enough to have taken them right to his mom and dad.  (Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but they seemed to be heading toward his parents. If Chomper was wiser, he'd have been leading the kids away from his parents from the start.)

6.)  Why didn't Chomper play hypotheticals with his parents i.e. "Mommy and Daddy, say that one day I ever befriend Leaf Eaters and I really like them.  Could you promise if that were to happen, to, er, not eat them?"  ?

7.) Did Chomper actually eat a Longneck in the past?  

8.)  Why did Chomper's parents spare the other four children?  How could they have known that they were friends with Littlefoot and Chomper?  For all they knew, the others were just rude selfish Leaf Eaters who wanted to watch Chomper drown.  

9.) Did Littlefoot send a message to Chomper at some point here telling him about the Great Valley and how to get there?  How did he and Ruby know to get there if neither of them had been?

10.) Did you find it shocking that, at two separate occasions, Topps and Grandpa Longneck actually agreed with each other, something that seems to rarely occur in other films?

11.) Why are they so afraid of the Big Water here but not later when they are with Mo?

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
1 The leaf gobblers likely didn't want to travel near beach or at least over water. That and they probably had enough food as it was anyway.
2 Hmm could be a possibility to a point, although it would have been quite slow and gradual given what we can see of the mysterious beyond on the previous films.
3 Chomper was already kinda smart at his baby age, and so learning his first words from leaf eaters it stuck with him. Would be interesting to know if he listened on leaf eaters on the island at some time or another.
4 As for killing leaf eaters, they wouldn't have to hunt and kill them later, and they're digestion process is probably pretty fast anyway.
5 I don't think chomper was the wiser in leading the leaf eaters to his parents, which is probably why Cera insisted on him staying away from them.
6 I don't think he played hypotheticals with his parents because he was so sheltered to just live with his family like that. Heh maybe that's why sharpteeth are so grouchy; they never learn properly socialize!
7 If chomper ate a longneck in the past, I'm most positive it was a piece of meat his parents gave to him without him having seen the corpse; though it's possible he just ate insects and that when he was offered true meat he'd "hide it under the table" so to speak?
8 I think it's easy enough to conclude that a group member jumping to save a sharpteeth is likely friends with the ragtag group of species up there (meh forget sentence structure).
9 Pretty sure Chomper's parents started migrating back near the great valley for familiar ground once the island seemed no longer useful.
10 Perhaps Topps and Grandpa Longneck agreed because they shared a common knowledge and view in the specific subject, possibly being considered the level (though for Topps, not cool- lol) headed people of the roaming group after the Great Earthshake.
11 I guess they weren't scared of the big water because they had had more adventures, become older and braver, and not to mention they weren't stuck on an island or crossing a dangerous land bridge, and also anyway having seen Mo. Only Littlefoot actually went in, and it didn't seem to be the same spot as before anyway.