The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 12 Review

NewOrder · 77 · 10012

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Doesn't mean we can't get it by e-mail. :P:

I would like a torrent of it too.  Send it to pokeplayer984@hotmail.com

I'll be waiting. :^.^:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
NewOrder: I'm sorry but the torrent just doesn't work for me. It was taking way too long to download. It's been 3 days and it was only 34% done. At that rate, it would have taken until around Thursday to complete, and my dad wasn't happy, and I'm sure my other family members weren't very happy either. The torrent was taking up RAM and slowing down the computer. And I've got cable. I'm gonna have to find a faster way.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well I shouldn't be one to worry too much since I've got my own computer and wireless Broadband. :)

*sighs* The wonders of wireless internet. :^.^:

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Dark Hououmon: I've already responded to your PM

pokeplayer984: Has anyone sent you the torrent already?
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
NewOrder, do you know why universal has rated the 12th movie as "tween" instead of for younger age groups?

Maybe the 32-minute shot at http://images2.fotosik.pl/284/998c69d30bb09b60.jpg  has something to do with it? (Cera's father looks worried about something.)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I'm sorry Im not familiar with that rate, does ir meen for teens?
Well, this movie wasn't so "childish" as the latter ones. In fact, Guido's character is much more developed than previous one-film hosts. Which leads me to believe he's here to stay... I rather not go into details, or else I'll spoil it for you

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Jan 1 2007 on  09:30 AM
Dark Hououmon: I've already responded to your PM

pokeplayer984: Has anyone sent you the torrent already?
Sorry I haven't responded to this.

Anyways, none that I know of at the current moment.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Ok, I'll send it to your e-mail then. You should get it in the next 10 mins

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I wonder if it's possible (or legal) to place a video of "flip, flap, and fly" on the internet, or at least to place a sound file of some sort.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,Jan 10 2007 on  06:59 PM
I wonder if it's possible (or legal) to place a video of "flip, flap, and fly" on the internet, or at least to place a sound file of some sort.
It's not like the audio of one song is going to ruin the DVD sales when it comes to the states.  :rolleyes:  Worst that can happen is you're forced to remove it or its taken down.

You'd be amazed the stuff you can find on the 'net that's been around for months and nobody has taken it down.  I think it really does encourage the people to go out and get the real deal....people put up those low quality versions for a reason.  :P:  I'm the only one who put up clips from the original Watership Down on youtube and people have asked for me to upload the whole thing...somebody is selling DVD's once the interest is captured.  :)  I fail to see how that's bad for a production company.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here is the official Amazon.com review (Contains Spoilers)
Young dinosaur friends Little Foot, Cera, Spike, Ducky, and Petrie are content with their lives in the Great Valley, but things keep changing and sometimes the friends just feel like they don't quite fit in. As Petrie struggles to perfect his flying for the very important Day of the Flyers, he realizes how different he is from his brothers and sisters and, while he and his friends value his uniqueness, it's causing big problems in the family's flight formations. Meanwhile, Cera is struggling with the arrival of a new baby sister and the resulting lack of attention from her father and Tria. When an odd creature named Guido shows up in the valley, Petrie befriends him and learns an important lesson about how to maintain his individuality while still contributing to his family's collaborative flight. A courageous act by Guido saves Cera's sister from peril, helping Cera realize how much she really cares about her new sister, and sparking a personal revelation that gives Guido a much better sense of his own place in the world. This is an entertaining animated show with a wholesome message about the importance of friendship, adaptability, and uniqueness.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I tried to take out that video from the movie, with adobe premiere, but I wasn't able to. Do any of you guys know how to do it?

Btw, here's a small movie I did for my video class in college =p

Overhearing

Don't worry there are no conversations so you won't have any language isues.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice video, NO. That town you were walking down looks beuatiful IMHO. About the movie I do hope it comes to America soon. From what I heard it sounds better than LBT XI (It wasn't as great as the others) It looks interesting, so I hope to look forward to it  ;)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
KingdomKey23 Thanks, that's my town =p

As for lbt XII, I think you're going to like it, it's morelike lbt 9 in terms of story and the new character really brings something more (at least in my point of view)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I downloaded it the moment I got it from you, NewOrder.  I'll be patiently awaiting for it.  As long as there aren't any shutdown problems, things should go well.

As for how long I have, just 3 more days. :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay!  Waiting for the torrent to download was worth the wait. :^.^:

Now, for everyone who has yet to see the movie, I will warn everyone that my review contains spoilers.  So if you don't want to be spoiled, don't look at this. :)

Now, I remember that someone asked why this got the rating of "tween"?  Well, the only reason I can think of is the physical bodily harm Tria did to Topsy in protecting Tricia (pronounced "trisha") before she hatched.  In all truth, it looked only the slightest bit sexually offensive.  Even though I know most won't agree, I also know that the wrong person will take that scene the wrong way.  As such, it was a safe move to make this rated "tween".

Next up, I will comment on Guido. (pronounced "gwEdO") He's basically one of those charcters that is commented as, "he talks too much".  In a way, he's a bit funny.  He once in a while comments with a bad joke, which as we all know in the right situation can be quite funny.  He also gave rather good advice to Petrie and helped him regain the courage needed to pass the flying test.  He also helped Cera with the relationship issues she was having with Tricia.

Oh, and I found out Guido's diet for anyone who's curious, he eats worms.  He actually literally ate one in this movie.  I guess some people could find that gross now that I think about it.  Yet, he finds green food gross. (He really didn't like that stuff.)

In all truth, I very much look forward to any possible appearance of him in the LBT Series TV show. :)

There's not much to comment on Tricia.  Pretty much anything you would comment on a normal newborn baby. (I bet the word "cute!" is coming to many people's minds right now.) Only thing is that Tria commented that Tricia had learned to run faster than most threehorns do.  Oh, and she actually says her first word in this movie right near the end, which turned out to be "Cera". :^.^:

As for the actual plot itself, it was rather good.  Petrie having trouble with flying, though doesn't he always? :lol Though near the end, he goes with his own way of flying and he was just amazing.  All of the tricks he pulled off... :wow He's quite the amazing little flyer.

Oh, and you won't believe who actually made an appearance in this movie.  It was none other than the star of LBT 9, Mo.  It's only a small cameo one.  He actually jumps out of the water and says the word "fly" during the song, "Flip, Flap and Fly".  Even though it was only a little word, it definately sounded like him. :) Not only that, but he looked like him down to the very last detail.

My favorite song in this movie was "Everything Changes".  It's one of those more meaniful songs in the movie. :)

Oh, and action9000, if you're reading, I'll make sure to give you the lyrics to the songs in this movie, ASAP. :^.^:

Anyways, this was a good movie.  It is indeed one of the better sequals.  Looks like LBT might be gaining back the touch it once lost. :)

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Forgive me for being unduly curious, but why would Tria need to protect Tricia's egg from Topsy (keeping in mind that he's Tricia's father)?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Noname,Jan 16 2007 on  03:43 PM
Forgive me for being unduly curious, but why would Tria need to protect Tricia's egg from Topsy (keeping in mind that he's Tricia's father)?
It was at night and Tria has known Topsy to be rather "shifty" during the night.  Poor Topsy ended up falling off a cliff due to where Tria directed him to sleep. :lol:

She was basically just trying to prevent Topsy from rolling onto the egg in his sleep. :^.^:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Lol, that part is hilarious, I haven't laughed so much with a LBT movie for a long time :D