The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fan art by Littlefoot505

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So I just finished my first LBT fan art! It's a lousy drawing of Littlefoot that I whipped up over the last two days using Inkscape and GIMP. It probably would've been much worse had I done it by hand.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:09:52 PM by Littlefoot505 »

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
this face...  a bit... :DD
And looks like his left half-growen into right?
Well, and some lines are very fat.
That's main things that hurt my eyes. Otherwise - it's nice drawn for first LBT art!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Oct 25 2017 on  01:41 AM
this face...  a bit... :DD
And looks like his left half-growen into right?
Well, and some lines are very fat.
That's main things that hurt my eyes. Otherwise - it's nice drawn for first LBT art!
Well, I did say that it was lousy. I'll try to improve. I may even be able to tweak this one a bit. I also notice there's a line on his hind leg that I was supposed to erase and forgot to.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I commend you for not drawing this by hand (you may think it's harder but with some practice it will be a lot easier). A few things to note: His neck is quite thick and the base of his tail is too thin. Another thing is that he is missing his left hind leg. As for the thicker black lines I'm actually a fan of them.

I'm glad you decided to share this even if you think it's lousy. Looking forward to seeing more. :smile

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Oct 25 2017 on  05:21 PM
I commend you for not drawing this by hand (you may think it's harder but with some practice it will be a lot easier). A few things to note: His neck is quite thick and the base of his tail is too thin. Another thing is that he is missing his left hind leg. As for the thicker black lines I'm actually a fan of them.

I'm glad you decided to share this even if you think it's lousy. Looking forward to seeing more. :smile
Yeah the tutorial I used didn't include his left hind leg. I'll try other tutorials in the future, as well as other characters. Also, I don't really mind the thick lines either. I'll just play around and continue to post things.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think the picture link is broken...  :unsure:
Inactive, probably forever.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Oct 29 2017 on  09:07 PM
I think the picture link is broken...  :unsure:
Ugh... again?! :bang  :bang  :anger  :anger  x(cera  x(cera

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Am I the only one who can't see it?  :unsure:

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay I just fixed it. Again. Hopefully for the last time. :bang

You also weren't the only one. The link keeps breaking for everyone (or at least also for me).

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh, looking quite okay for a start  :lol:

Overall there are some areas that look a bit wonky indeed, including his head and hind legs among other but, as I said, it's not a bad drawing at all :)

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Nov 2 2017 on  05:44 PM
Oh, looking quite okay for a start :lol:

Overall there are some areas that look a bit wonky indeed, including his head and hind legs among other but, as I said, it's not a bad drawing at all :)
Well again, I forgot to delete one of the guide lines from his hind leg.

Also, I've now done a drawing of Ducky that's a little bit better than my Littlefoot one. I really need to get better at drawing dinosaur legs! :lol  :lol

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:09:05 PM by Littlefoot505 »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This one is looking much improved over your first one. The anatomy is a lot closer to the source this time around and face is significantly better as well. There are a few lines that bulge out in spots that make it look a little strange, like above Ducky's knee and also her back and tail. Other than my previously mentioned gripe with the leg, I think the rest of the legs are good and the feet are done really well too. Good job!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Good job, she looks better! ^^
Don't stop, keep evolving your skills!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's another lousy Inkscape drawing I did. This one is of Chomper and I'd say it's better than the one I did of Littlefoot, but not quite as good (if you can call it that :p ) as my Ducky drawing. I'd say that the biggest things I messed up were his hands and his right leg/foot.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would argue that this one is the best one so far, largely in part that his face and expression look a lot better compared to your Ducky. Your lines also look a lot straighter this time around. Ducky's legs and back looked very "lumpy" whereas Chomper looks a lot smoother.

You mention his hands and while I'll say that his left hand looks pretty good, his right hand's fingers and thumb are a lot bigger and sort of meld together. Fret not though, hands are hard to draw and take some practice getting use to.

For his right leg it looks like it has an enlarged knee. Actually I'm looking at the official artwork that this is based on and his knee does seem to be about that big but I did notice something else that I hope I can explain. Since his right leg is in the distance his right foot should appear to be above his left foot which you've done. That should also mean if he is standing still his right knee should also appear higher then his left, which is not the case (if you look at your Ducky drawing it is done correctly). This can give the appearance that Chomper is lifting his left leg. A good basic guide is that a line drawn from the toes of both feet should have approximately the same length and be parallel to a line drawn from both knees. By in large this is a pretty small detail and doesn't throw things off too bad however.

Another thing is that it looks like his back doesn't stick out as much as it should. I know that the official artwork does this as well but there's something about it that looks off. Maybe if the shoulder area wasn't as high and the part above his thigh a bit higher to make the curve not as pronounced might help.

I hope I'm not being Chomper biased, but I like this one the best so far and I feel like it's an overall improvement to your other drawings. Keep it up! :DD
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:02:17 AM by Flathead770 »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree that this is your best drawing thus far. :) While there certainly are some faults here and there, the overall quality of the picture is quite solid. To be honest, it's a major improvement from the Ducky drawing as Chomper's head looks much better than the swimmer's as it's shape looks much more correct and there aren't those odd lines there. Chomper's expression doesn't look quite the same as in the original picture but it's good enough. His fingers and knee are, as you said, quite awkward but they aren't too distracting. I also get the feeling that his head is a bit too big and his tail too small. In any case, this is a pretty nice drawing and your best one yet! :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's hard to pinpoint exactly what is off for me since I am having my fair share of issues with LBT anatomy myself :P At first look, I'd definitely say you did capture their basic shapes and all rather nicely! Obviously it's a very simple drawing but, considering the software you had I'd say this is certainly not bad (same applies to Ducky, must have missed that one when you posted it :P)

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I've decided to get back into the swing of making LBT art, and last week, I bought a new laptop that came with one of those cool pens, so I decided to try that out. Both of these drawings were done in Photoshop using the HP Active Pen that came with my laptop.

DA link: https://www.deviantart.com/littlefoot505/art/Littlefoot-2-761763149

And here's the first one that I drew using only a picture as a reference and not a drawing tutorial (yes, those awful pieces from before were done using tutorials). It almost looks like L&AT's style.

DA link: https://www.deviantart.com/littlefoot505/art/Littlefoot3-761764324
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:02:24 AM by Littlefoot505 »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's good to see more LBT art from you. :yes These drawings are improvements from your last ones, certainly, but the lines are still quite rough, especially on the second drawing. You've managed to create the expressions quite effectively but the anatomy and the drawing of the outlines could still be improved. Still, I like especially the first drawing and I'll wait eagerly if you decide more LBT stuff.