The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fan art by Littlefoot505

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's been awhile since you last posted some fanart. Overall these are a massive improvement over your last ones! While the line work is certainly still a little rough, the anatomy is far better with the expressions done fairly well in both drawings. I really like the first one here, with the only main issue being the rough lines like I mentioned above. The 2nd one is still pretty good as well but one issue about it is his left eye is out of focus with the right. This is often a problem I run into myself and it always seems like the slightest change in the eye can mess up the whole expression :p

Still, a very good return to drawing and I hope to see you continue with more!  :)littlefoot

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I agree in the sense that it seems rough, but good job nevertheless. Certainly better than whatever I could do. :P

I do like the thickline style here (thicker cartoony lines seem to be going out of fashion imo so it's refreshing to see it on occasion)
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Looking a bit wonky but you probably know that :P I can see the improvement from your previous pics though. Getting good at art is harder than waking up Spike, believe me but it's absolutely worth it once you do :^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you all for your feedback. Yes, Ducky, I am aware of the low quality of my art, and I will continue working on improving my skills. I really loved using that neat little pen that came with my new laptop to draw those Littlefoot pics. More art should be coming fairly soon, as I'd like to be a more regular contributor. And yeah, I kinda like the thick lines too, although I might experiment with doing thinner ones.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Littlefoot505: I'm awful artist, but still: before coloring pictures, try to make smooth lines first, use second layer to draw lines over lines from first layer. I always do that for my pictures.
And set of black lines with very different thickness in the same area is "hurting" eyes a little. I dunno, try to use different colors for lines,make them a little transparent where you think they should be.
Keep show us new drawings! :D
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well it's been quite a while since I've posted anything here, but I actually did draw something a few weeks ago when I got my hands on a drawing tablet. I think it's my best one so far, not like that's saying much though :p
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:15:03 PM by Littlefoot505 »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I mentioned it on Discord when you first showed this off that every drawing you do you noticeably improve. This one shows much smoother lines over the last ones. A little rough in some spots still, like around the eyes and folds around the neck and head, but overall much improved! As for anatomy issues the only one I really have is the lower jaw seems to thicken as it connects to the neck.

Good job with this one!  :)littlefoot

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Hey, Thunder! Where have you been? :D
Like it!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Ah, how nice to see our Longneck friend back! This looks very impressive for a tablet drawing (not that I've ever used one :P). It does look a little rough, as Flathead pointed out, but it still looks very nice.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I see improvement there, keep it up :)littlefoot
Inactive, probably forever.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I can also see that you've improved in this one compared to the previous ones. It does indeed look a lot smoother, so that's good. Looking back on the posts by other people, and especially the ''I'm awful artist'' part, I must disagree with you there. I think these look pretty good. How long have you done artwork? Because I feel that even if I worked years on something like this simple it wouldn't ever look so good. I have never been good at art, but I can definitely appreciate good art when I see one. And I see that right now. Don't be so hard on yourself. Improvement doesn't happen overnight. Keep practicing and one day I'm sure you will become an even greater artist. :)