The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ruby's Quest

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What do you think are the details behind it? All her father says is that she is to see how Chomper’s friends work together to save them all from Redclaw. Because that’s all that he said, I’ve been trying to figure out what that all entails. Here are my thoughts, and feel free to add your own:

1.   Redclaw is picking residents off because they don’t work as a group, splitting off and quarreling, allowing easy meals for Redclaw.

2.   They want to get rid of Redclaw, so they need to observe good teamwork to get him out of the picture. However, that arises the question of how Ruby’s father knew about the excellent-working-together of the gang in the first place. After Chomper met her family, what are the odds of her dad asking Chomper, “Hey, do you know some folks good at working together?” Maybe he mentioned his situation to Chomper so he just volunteered Littlefoot and the others. But if a bunch of grownups need to observe little kids to see how to work together, that goes back to my criticism on the adults of TLBT in my old  thread: http://gangoffive.net/index.php?showtopic=9500.

3.   They want to leave the area, but don’t know how to act as a team or what to do in case Redclaw stops them.

4.   Nothing especially bad has happened yet, but they want to practice good teamwork in case Redclaw causes more dire trouble.

I just wish we hadn’t had such a perplexing comment thrown at us with no explanation. That’s like me starting a thread that says, “Underbelly not giving rat, wasting hours while putting me to sleep.” All or most of you would be scratching your heads till they bled until I explained, “The Underbelly is an underground water source for the World of Warcraft floating city of Dalaran that gives an achievement for fishing up a sewer rat, but I just can’t get one in all the hours I’ve tried, and the fishing is putting me to sleep.” It took me seconds to explain that comment, so I feel that writers could have taken at least a little time to elaborate on what Ruby’s quest is all about.

I mean, do we ever see her studying or asking the gang questions? Sure, she’s right there with them, but I don’t recall any emphasis on research. Is she too busy looking after Chomper and bathing in mud to focus on her mission? My opinion is that the writers should have either went back to the statement at another time to make sense of it or made Ruby’s journey more simple, like Chomper wanting to chill with his homies in the Great Valley, yo. Mysterious can be cool, but mysteries can also be pointless unless explained.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
Well her questions would be already asked as he was a "virtual" given as to her existence in the series.  She probably asked already off camera.