The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

missing elements

rosie · 11 · 2576

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
What do you think is missing or too much of it? I was wondering why it always rain and there is never any lightning or thunder .It sounds too peaceful and good. Too much of paradise despite that there are earthquakes and volocanic eruptions.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
If I recall correctly, they had a thunderstorm in LBT 2 and LBT 7.  I think they had one in 3 also.  Those are the only ones I can think of right off hand.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
But there are plenty of earthshakes and stuff in the series, that kind of diminishes the too much of paradise thing for me. Perhaps the lack of thunder and lightning was simply because the creators were being lazy, or didn't feel the need to add it.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
They have had some, but maybe one of the reasons to not have it rain or lightning to often is if they had several animators on it they'd have to remember to show the rain for more then 1 scene and then the leaves and other stuff wet for a scene or 2 after the rain stopped & to change the colors of things during the rain.  

They've had it rain in at least 1 tv episode as I recall.

Vaan360

• Petrie
    • View Profile
They have had some, but maybe one of the reasons to not have it rain or lightning to often is if they had several animators on it they'd have to remember to show the rain for more then 1 scene and then the leaves and other stuff wet for a scene or 2 after the rain stopped & to change the colors of things during the rain.

Yeah I agree, I tried to make an animation with pivot stickfigure animator, continous rain factors its hard to do, well at lest for me

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is also likely the reason, or at least as far as I've noticed, if they show any shadows it seems to be always noon.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There isn't much signs of Season change either only Winter time was noticeable.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
True, there seems to be only 2 seasons I think.  Winter and not winter.  Though this does make things simpler, like there seems to be only 3 times of day, with the majority of the time seeming to be around noon.  With occasional sunset, sunrise times.  Again, likely done to keep things simpler.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I seem to recall a reference in LBT 6 to a season they called the 'time of the changing treestars', which is what we would think of as autumn.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The Chronicler beat me to pointing out the fall in LBT 6. Also one might interpret the growing and ripening of the treesweets in LBT 11 to indicate seasons. The closer a place is to the (thermal) equator, the less pronounced the individual seasons would be. With snow being unheard of until LBT 8 I guess it is fairly save to assume that the Great Valley is relatively close to the equator, but in a time of changing climate (snow again in one TV episode).

Bruton the Iguanodon

If I recall correctly, they had a thunderstorm in LBT 2 and LBT 7. I think they had one in 3 also. Those are the only ones I can think of right off hand.

Yeah, in 2 when they chase the egg stealers and in 7 on the way to threehorn peak.  :)

Ad they'res thinder in lightning in 3 but no rain.  :blink:

What do I feel is missing? A lot. The opening outer space shots, the narrator, the orchestral score...how can you possibly have LBT without those?  :huh: