The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT as a Tv series after the original film

oogaboo · 10 · 2591

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
After watching Marzgurl's review of the last film I suddenly realize that it would've been a better idea if they had a tv-series right after the first film when LBT was still popular.
If we do the math here;
each individual movie is about 80 minutes or more and each episode is 22 minutes long.
They can easily have 4 episodes in that year instead of having to wait a year or two for an 80 minute film. Actually, instead of four episodes, If Scooby doo can produce 25 or more episodes in one year than so can LBT. For two decades LBT could've had 6 seasons each being 25 episodes! That, in total, would be 6x25=150 episodes! Each episode is 22 minutes so 150x22=3300 minutes of LBT cartoons! :o

I don't know about the budget, production value, time, money, etc compared to making a movie but I would think that having a tv series would be a better idea anyways.
And knowing that many of the LBT films like LBT 3 and 9 is in fact filled with slow pacing and pointless filler could've been four episodes instead of an hour and 10 minute movie.

What do you all think?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I hated the animation in the TV series.  TV series typically have lower quality animation, so I'd prefer movies in most cases.  Even shooting out 1 minute of animation per day would make the quality really low.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, they probably should have had a TV series running early on, with movies coming out less often (Every 3 years or something). When the TV series finally did happen, there wasn't much interest in TLBT anymore.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
After either 4 otr 5 would have been best. have Ali and Chomper as permanet adittions to the gang and have adventures that build on each other..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Well, they had Dink: THe Little Dinosaur as a knock-off which wasn't that bad. But yeah, the series should have come much, much sooner. I'm still trying to fathom why they didn't, looking at it from a business point of view.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Possibly because the degree of dinosaur enthusiasm which allowed for LBT to be economically successful for such a long time may not have been as foreseeable in the late 80s... hmm... well... maybe it was, not quite certain but in any case Jurassic Park which provided a major boost to the interest had not been made and chances are that perhaps there was even the fear of another dinosaur TV series like Dink or a few others whose English names I don't know being sort of overlooked by a satted audience. Just speculating.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
True, but kids have always loved dinosaurs, even when they're not the "it" thing. I think any businessman would tell you, no matter the decade, that a well-advertised and well-made dinosaur show for kids would do well.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

oogaboo

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I hated the animation in the TV series. TV series typically have lower quality animation, so I'd prefer movies in most cases.

Well, at least the animation isn't as bad as most of the 80's cartoons.

chances are that perhaps there was even the fear of another dinosaur TV series like Dink or a few others whose English names I don't know being sort of overlooked by a satted audience. Just speculating.

It's best to take a risk than worry about some other show stealing your shows' thunder.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not really sure. I would like to see more LBT material, but if it would be mass produced it would definitely be of varying quality. 150 episodes sounds like a soap opera. Maybe it would have been better if there had only been 5 movies, but of exceptional quality, each comparable to the original. Even now the franchise has cult status, in great part because it sits on the laurels of the original. Had there been 3-4 movies like the original, the franchise would have made a much greater impact in my opinion. And impact means recognition, and recognition means money. There'd still be various LBT projects (not necessarily movies or series) at Universal, unlike today when Universal treats LBT like an unwanted child, not even willing to host a website.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
If the animated series were in the same condition as in what you are stating, then the LBT series would have down falled anyway.  This would actually generated more trauma.