The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time XI News

Petrie · 156 · 19498

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
So far we have discovered a few relevant things about the next sequel to be released from Universal.

It will be released this winter (2004) in the US and the title is "The Invasion of the Tinysauruses".

Links:

http://www.filmratings.com/
http://www.filmjerk.com/new/modules.php?na...=print&sid=1012
http://www.videopremiereawards.com/HTMLInP...n/Animated.html

If any other news is discovered post your findings in this thread. :)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Oh...just to verify. Invasion of the Tinysauruses IS the official title for LBT 11! The Internet Movie Database (imdb.com) now has it posted up as the official heading but there is no new info on it just yet. Best keep an eye on it coz I have always seen this as the most realible source when it comes to future movie releases and info on practically every Film and TV known...

If I find anything new up there, I'll slap it up in here!

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
So now the title is official.
Strange, that they are still so miserly with further information on it. I suppose that either they are going to let us know more about it within the next days, or that for some reason they changed their "information policy" and won't release any information until shortly before the movie itself is released.
What do you think of this title?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I hate it... It's one of those titles that makes me stay away from watching it.. hopefully the movie will be a lot better than the title
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have no idea what that title means.   :unsure:   It doesn't necessarily mean a carnivore though you would think of that since the carnivores can't easily access the Great Valley.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I reckon its got something to do with a sudden influx of tiny saurians (possibly Compsognathuses, I just call 'em Compys for short) and basically they make a pest of themselves causing the residents of the GV to become angry and fight to get rid of them. I dont necessarily think that they mean any potential harm but maybe just a massive herd of them move in as an invitation from Grandpa as he always seems to be very open and welcoming to all travellers who happen to wander into the GV. Maybe the wise old longneck makes a slip up and his generosity gets the better of him this time. I dunno...just a hunch I thought could happen but Im just as sceptically about it as you guys!

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
just a hunch I thought could happen but Im just as sceptically about it as you guys!

Or just as confused or muddled.  :P

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe the wise old longneck makes a slip up and his generosity gets the better of him this time.

I seriously doubt that they would do that in the story, simply because it could be understood as a bad message to children ("See? Don't ever be too generous" or "Watch it that there are not too many strange newcommers around you.") This would really be a very unlikely message for an LBT movie. Perhaps it is possible though in case the outcome of the story sends just the opposite messages.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Im not necessarily saying that that is the moral behind the story coz I am sure that this isnt the case. I can just see that sort of thing being held against Grandpa Longneck by someone like Mr. Threehorn seeing how quick to judge he is. I dunno...I may have got it all wrong! Maybe they just turn up unexpectedly like the plague of locusts in LBT 5 but I can still imagine that they are gonna run riot in the Great Valley. Just the word "INVASION" is enough to imply that I reckon. Still...only time will tell.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I had an idea that wasn't commented... I think that maybe we shouldn't look at the word Invasion with that importance... My idea was that maybe Littlefoot and the gang went to a place with small dinossaurs of species that looked like theirs but were a lot smaller. There have been found a lot of smaller versions of big dinosaurs like Apatosaurus and some species of Stegosauridae that out lived their bigger cousins in about 50 milion years due to isolation in small islands and things like that. Another idea I had was that does small dinossaurs came to live in the great valley and started eating and anoying the other habitants of the valley. I don't think that idea of the compys as any base since we can see in LBT 4 when the gang is searching for Littlefoot that small insect eating carnivors like compys live in the great valley, and carnivors can't talk with the leaf eatters so they couldn't reach any agreement with grandpa. I do think that maybe they could attack the valley like the grasshopers in lbt 5, anyway this is just what I think...

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not a bad bit of critical thinking there NewOrder. ;)  I think anything can be a possibility this soon as we have nothing else to go on so far.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good thinking new order. It could be that way. However, where did you see small insect eating carnivors in the Great Valley of LBT 4? The only time I recall an insect being eaten in LBT was in the second movie, when Chomper did this.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
I don't remember if it actually ate the insect, but it was clearly an insect eater, it's when cera, ducky, petrie and spike are out looking for Littlefoot before they found out he had gone with Ali to the land of the mists, you see ducky running through a small stream and Petrie flying right next to a small carnivore who's hunting an insect.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, indeed that beast doesn't look like a herbivoure. So it seems like insecteaters are tollerated in the Great Valley. This thing however looks like it could also go after eggs or the smallest dinosaur hatchlings like an omnivore. Another thing I'm not sure about is, if this animal or insects and also some other small animals are considered the same way humans would consider animals.
For example when Chomper eats that dragonfly in LBT 2 it sure gives Littlefoot a thrill, but he doesn't freak out like he'd probably if Chomper had chosen on a little dinosaur of the same kind.
Another thing I've been wondering about are scavengers. Actually there have to be scavengers in the Great Valley, otherwise the ecosystem wouldn't work. But how would the herbivours deal with scavengers?

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
In a normal ecosystim herbivores would have to live side by side with carnivors or there would be no control of the population and soon enough the great valley would be to small, but this is a cartoon we can't be to scientific with it, cause small kids just don't think way. For example, we all know the story of the 3 little pigs, when we're small we like to see the wolf get his ass kicked (pardon my french =p) but when we grow up we see that wolves are on the erge of extinction and that pigs are responsable for the extinction of animals like the Dodo... Anyway, what matters is that kids don't think so far so the producers won't think like that, maybe they should to bring a more sence of realism to the movies but it can also take away some of their magic if you turn it too real

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe I'm choosing on too tough stuff for land before time stories, but in fact I have a plotline that involves at least one scavenger, in mind. Much less LBT like ideas have been uttered for stories before, and LBT is not exactly shy to deal with the topic of death. Just think of the Mysterious Beyond landscapes in LBT 2 or 3. Decayed dinosaur bodies everywhere!
As for Dodos, one cannot blame pigs for their extinction. Pigs plundered nests of Dodos, and thus destroyed their descendance. However, who brought the pigs to that island of Mauritius? It's not like they swam there. And the humans who brought the pigs there also hunted Dodo's to eat them and thus did an even more direct contribution to the extinction of the Dodo's than through the import of pigs.
(Weird what turn an LBT 11 discussion takes). ;)

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Lol yeah this things happen..

I know that humans are to blame for pratically all the extinctions of the last millenium, but I was just trying to make a point about how the kids that LBT is targeted for think =p

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Hi!
A cover of LBT XI has now been released. You can find it (in black and white) at: http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?c=4958&s=1 The release date is January 11th 2005 (I don't get why they are wasting money by not releasing it BEFORE christmas).
It looks like the Tinysauruses are little longnecks. The text on the page also says a bit about the story itself:

"Universal has announced Land Before Time Volume XI: The Invasion of the Tinysauruses which is an all-new direct to video animated adventure. This time around the Tinysauruses invade the valley to teach Littlefoot a big lesson about a little lie. The disc will be available to own from the 11th January this year, priced at around $19.98. The film itself will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with an English Dolby Digital track. Extras will include a Land Before Time music video and sing-along songs from all eleven Land Before Time adventures. We've attached a black and white shot of the official artwork below."

A big lesson about a little lie? It sounds a bit like the lesson in LBT 8. The cover looks quite different from the covers we have seen so far. It's the first time there is only Littlefoot and non of the other maincharacters. This picture of Littlefoot (his face at least) has been used before already, for example on the cover of LBT 8. Maybe there are still different versions of the cover to come up (it was that way when LBT 8 appeared, where at first they had a cover released with a grownup spiketail in the place of Tippy).
I'm sure that now there is going to be more information on LBT 11 up soon. I checked imdb already, but there are no more information yet. Maybe in just a few hours or days.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Little Longnecks? \: I don't like the idea, but I guess my theory was sort of right... Anyway, I think this is gonna be one of those lbt that I won't wanna watch but in the end I'll just love it, at least I hope it's like that, cause so far I hate it \:

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Erk, I got a bad feeling about this one.  :unsure:  Just seeing that cover and all the little longnecks....and how happy Littlefoot is....brothers and sisters....more family.....

I'll be honest with you guys....I will NOT buy this one like when I rushed with the last one (LBT X) because I wasn't too pleased with it in the end.  Maybe I'll rent this one first (for the sake of landbeforetime.org) but unless I really enjoy it like I did the ninth one I won't buy my own copy.

I hate to say it, but sometimes you can only go so far before you fall flat on your face and have milked a franchise to death.  I think the peak of the sequels was at LBT 5 when they met Chomper again, but it will just keep going downhill from there.  LBT IX was nice but VII, VIII, and X were subpar to me.  <_<